05-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Porches, Balconies, Patios and Decks can add a lot of fun to your house, but often we just tack them on and forget about them. For this challenge, use the tips below and make an outdoor space to call your own.
Use three or more tips, listed below, to build an outdoor space - a porch, balcony, patio or deck. This â€œPut the Tip to Useâ€ challenge will be used in the next issue of Living Sims. Your pictures will be used to illustrate these tips, so if you enter in this challenge your pictures may be in the next issue!
- You must include at least one night time shot and least one one day shot
- You must list 3 tips you used (even if you used more, keep it to 3)
- You must decorate an outdoor space (patio, porch, balcony or deck) but not a garden
- You can have your outdoor space on a second, third or even top floor.
- Max 10 pictures per entry. You may of course link to more in an album.
- Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide.
- You may enter 3 times
- Take your picture without grids on â€“ unless it is the overview shot
- Please include an overview shot
1. Make it a place to entertain,enjoy, and relax, not just an add on to your house. Do this by including seats, swings, and lounge chairs.
2. Embrace your imagination include things that might not normally be on a outdoor living space, like curtains, paintings, books and other accessories that are thought to be â€œindoor.â€
3. Decorate with night time in mind. Use candles and lights to make your outdoor living space a place to relax any time of day.
4. Even though this is not a garden challenge, including plants in pots, ivy climbing up walls and hanging plants to add some organic green to your space.
5. Add pergolas, umbrellas, shades and lattice work to keep your outdoor living space shady in the hot summer.
6. On larger outdoor living spaces add an outdoor kitchen, a bbq, or a bar and tables to make an outdoor dining area.
7. Just because you want your outdoor living space to blend in with your house doesn't mean that it can't have its own personality. Add some colorful tiles or beautiful wooding to make your outdoor space special.
This challenge will close August 10th