Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/archive/global.php 17 require_once
/archive/index.php 14 require_once
LivingSims Forum - Put the tip to use: Outdoor Spaces - closing August 10th

LivingSims Forum

Full Version: Put the tip to use: Outdoor Spaces - closing August 10th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Image: 5qfBy.png]

Porches, Balconies, Patios and Decks can add a lot of fun to your house, but often we just tack them on and forget about them. For this challenge, use the tips below and make an outdoor space to call your own.

Task
Use three or more tips, listed below, to build an outdoor space - a porch, balcony, patio or deck. This “Put the Tip to Use” challenge will be used in the next issue of Living Sims. Your pictures will be used to illustrate these tips, so if you enter in this challenge your pictures may be in the next issue!

The Rules
  • You must include at least one night time shot and least one one day shot
  • You must list 3 tips you used (even if you used more, keep it to 3)
  • You must decorate an outdoor space (patio, porch, balcony or deck) but not a garden
  • You can have your outdoor space on a second, third or even top floor.
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may of course link to more in an album.
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide.
  • You may enter 3 times
  • Take your picture without grids on – unless it is the overview shot
  • Please include an overview shot

Tips:
1. Make it a place to entertain,enjoy, and relax, not just an add on to your house. Do this by including seats, swings, and lounge chairs.

2. Embrace your imagination include things that might not normally be on a outdoor living space, like curtains, paintings, books and other accessories that are thought to be “indoor.”

3. Decorate with night time in mind. Use candles and lights to make your outdoor living space a place to relax any time of day.

4. Even though this is not a garden challenge, including plants in pots, ivy climbing up walls and hanging plants to add some organic green to your space.

5. Add pergolas, umbrellas, shades and lattice work to keep your outdoor living space shady in the hot summer.

6. On larger outdoor living spaces add an outdoor kitchen, a bbq, or a bar and tables to make an outdoor dining area.

7. Just because you want your outdoor living space to blend in with your house doesn't mean that it can't have its own personality. Add some colorful tiles or beautiful wooding to make your outdoor space special.

This challenge will close August 10th
Participants

Sims 2
- scarletkabby
-
-

Sims 3
- lylim6
- oumamea
- kimjimbob
- Saprophyte
- Protectron
- cari4003
- admiralxapple
I really wanted to try this challenge! Used tips 1,2,3(I hope I did use it properly) And this is a small modern-ish deck, hope it's ok!Smile

Overview:

[Image: Screenshot-5.jpg]

Night shots:

[Image: Screenshot-13-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-4-2.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-3-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-7-2.jpg]

Daylight shots:

[Image: Screenshot-6-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-8-2.jpg]

Holy crap, that place looks awesome! I love the night shots, it looks so cozy and comfortable. Also great use of the stage tool!
Gorgeous, lylim, it looks so cozy and comfy, the sort of place I would love to read a book in.
Thank you! I just made the night shots a bit darker to emphasize the lights Smile
That is very impressive and Pro is right, you really put the stage tool to good use!
Gorgeous work Lylim
Lylim6, Wonderfull and just gorgeous ^^
Just stunning!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8