Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/archive/global.php 17 require_once
/archive/index.php 14 require_once
LivingSims Forum - Maxis Mayhem 5.0 [CLOSED]

LivingSims Forum

Full Version: Maxis Mayhem 5.0 [CLOSED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Image: maxismayhem5.jpg]

EA homes are... questionable at best. The patterns are usually gaudy and misplaced, the colors either too bold or too dull, the furnishing arrangements are... don't get us started. We find ourselves often wondering, 'What were they thinking!?' So we are going to set you lovely designers to work making Sunset Valley homes a little less ugly one Room at a time.

Going into an already furnished EA house, stripping everything but the walls and starting anew sounds like an easy, everyday run of the mill make-over challenge. This however is Maxis Mayhem ladies and gentlemen.

The Task
Pick any furnished room in an EA/Maxis built house and make it over. You must however use the existing furnishings in your make-over.

Kudos for making over a community lot instead of a residential home, but you may do either.

Who May Enter
Anyone and everyone

The Rules
  • You must re-use every furnishing that already exists in your room (deco and lamps can be replaced/removed)
  • You must tell us where the home is located for your room makeover
  • You must show us at least one before picture
  • You may re-color everything
  • You may reposition all of the furniture
  • You may add more furniture and decor items to the room
  • You may not move or add windows or doors but you may change them
  • You may not move or add more walls
  • You may add free-standing fireplaces but not those that have to be "built" into a wall
  • You may post up to 10 pictures including the before picture
  • You may link to an album with more pictures
  • Both TS2 & TS3 can participate
Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

Inspiration
Issue 12: Maxis Mayham
Issue 16: Maxis Mayham 2
Issue 6: Versatile Maxis

Participation Prize
Prize by RD
[Image: maxis%20mayhem%20s3.jpg]

If anyone want to donate something it is very welcome!

You will get this nice shiny award for participating: [Image: S3_2F7D0004.png]

Challenge will close June 15th
i really hope some will make over a few of the new showtime lots for this Sun
I have tried a community zone in Bridgeport, just behind the business area. I have oncluded a small music stage, for customers to get entertained and a bit more. But that chimney in the middle... Hope you like it Heidy
[Image: Screenshot-15.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2-3.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-3-5.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-5-6.jpg]
eileen: After seeing your pictures it really becomes clear how much EA failed in they attempt to make this place romantic. Your version looks like the perfect place to bring a date after a busy day in the city. I know I wouldn't mind my man bring me there. I love that you kept the layout more or less the same, but made it really personal. The only thing Heidy is saying is - More pictures please
If you have ever dared going into Bridgeport cemetery, there is, at one of the corners, far from the entrance, a small chapel. [Image: Screenshot-18.jpg]

From the outside, nothing special...
[Image: Screenshot-19.jpg]

And from the inside... well, EA did nothing special:
[Image: Screenshot-20.jpg]

After adding a few touches here and there, this is a new place for vampires, more according to their tastes
[Image: Screenshot-26.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-25.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-24.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-23.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-22.jpg]
Nice job eileen. Very stylish and sophisticated now. It's a lot of fun to do EAs' makeovers Smile
Fun! I'm all over this one Smile

Eileen, love your entries! The chapel is cool, and the creepy mist is an especially nice touch. Great work Yes
Uhh this is a fun one.bubbles

I will be redecorating this terrible room located at 71 Rachelle Lane in the Appaloosa plains:

[Image: Screenshot-139.jpg]

The fixed Items are the bed, lamp and end table shown in the picture plus an old dresser.

I think the old room looks a bit like a cheap motel room so I decided to make a hotel room too, but one at a nice beach hotel. This is the room I came up with...

[Image: Screenshot-130.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-126%20%283%29.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-128%20%282%29.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-135.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-126.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-127.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-129.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-132.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-134.jpg]

Overview

kiare I hope you like it Heidy
If that is a hotel room - it has to be one in a charming bed and breakfast!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8