07-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Have you ever seen a sims photo and said wow?
That is your challenge here; make me say wow.
Do you not have the time to make a whole room? That's OK, this challenge is all about the perfect shot.
Take your best picture and put it in its best light.
- 1 picture only. You may link to more in an album
- Pictures may be no more then 800 pixels wide
- You may enter as many times as you want
- Picture must be an interior shot
- No sims allowed
- Anything goes. Picture can be a still life, a close up, a full room, or even just a shadow on the floor if you like; just make it interesting
- For this challenge you may play more with the color, sharpness, contrast, and levels of your photo. For example, monochrome and black and white are allowed
- You still MAY NOT add borders, text, lens flare, etc
- Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
This challenge will close October 19th
Looking for something spectacular if I can't come up with something myself.
How to wow.
- Be evocative; bring to mind an emotion, a place, or a mood.
Example: Velvet @ LivingSims Forum creates a wonderfully festive mood here.
- Be surprising; insert an item that is out of place, make your picture a different shape, or use a color in an unexpected way.
Example: fierycrash @ LivingSims Forum surprises by using doors as a window in this photo.
- Be realistic; try to make the viewer have to look very closely to tell if the photo is in game or not.
Example: The setting and textures that zveki @ LivingSims Forum uses are so realistic that it almost completely fools the eye.
- Be unusual; photograph something that nobody would ever photograph, from an angle that is strange, or with the wrong lighting.
Example: Peachy @ LivingSims Forum has chosen a very unusual subject for this set of photos.
- Be breathtaking; Overwhelming beauty always wows.
Example: The colors, textures, and layout in this photo by Starla @ LivingSims Forum make it breathtaking.
If you have ever looked at a sims photo and thought "how did they do that?" or "is that a real picture?" or "that is so beautiful." you have been wowed.