12-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I adore holiday decorated sims rooms but often I don't do them because in my head it will take too long, but it doesn't take all that much to transform an existing room from fall-boring to holiday amazing. So this is your challenge! How fantastic and you make a room in 60 minutes?
You have just 60 minutes to transform a room from ordinary everyday decorations to a holiday decorated one!
Find a room you want to decorate. It can be in an existing house or in a new one, that is up to you. Start the clock. You have to stop working after 60 minutes and share the pictures. No matter how far you are with the room.
Please show us a few before pictures as well as the madeover room!
Tips for decorating fast
- Use an electronic egg timer or a phone to time the 60 minutes so it is easy to start/stop the time.
- Have a plan before you start working on a room. Figure out what style you want and what kind of furniture you are looking for.
- Work with what you have. Do not fall into the temptation of going off to look for a download somewhere. Be creative with the furniture you already have.
- Use the collection folders to keep your clutter organized. Have folders for different room types.
- TS3: Save the pre-sets you CASt on furniture. It makes it much faster to decorate then you don't have to CASt every single piece.
- Start with the big furniture pieces. Then the smaller ones and do the clutter to make the room look finished last. This will ensure that your room looks finished when the clock rings.
- For the first challenge: Start with a smaller room - it will be easier to finish than a big one.
- Have inspiration pictures at hand. Find some inspiration before you start so you can keep the style you want in mind and get inspired if you get stuck.
- Do the decoration in one sitting. This is about speed, not perfection
- Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
- Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
- Please include the time you spend on your room in your post.
- Please include 1-3 before pictures.
- You may stop the clock when the game is loading something
- The picture taking and planning do not count toward the 60 minutes.
- Any room type including gardens and community rooms are allowed (kudos for doing a community room)
- State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
- Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
- The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply
This challenge will close: 6th of January
Award: By taking part in this challenge you will get the Holiday Spirit forum reward: