Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/archive/global.php 17 require_once
/archive/index.php 14 require_once
LivingSims Forum - Beyond the Box (Closes: September 28th)

LivingSims Forum

Full Version: Beyond the Box (Closes: September 28th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: Beyond-the-Box.png]

One of the things many sims find hard is building houses with interesting roofs. However we know that the auto-roof feature doesn't do a much better job, so there is only one thing for it: We gotta get better at it - so lets practice making really neat roofs - or at least roof that does not make our house look like a boring box.

Lets see how interesting we can make a simple house just by playing with the exterior.

The Task
Pick one of the floorplans below and turn it into a beautiful house with a great roof. You know you can do better than the auto-roof feature! Use the roof tool, add wall details, use texture, add some plants, a foundation and perhaps a neat little patio. You can do what-ever you want to the house as long as the outer walls stay the same. It can be a residential house or a community lot. You may do what-ever style you want, even historical ones. Have fun with it! If you are in sims 3, I suggest you start by using the auto-roof feature, just to see what you have to do better than Wink
Take us beyond the box!

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • [your rules]
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close: 3rd of June Ongoing for the Summer

The layouts to choose from:
[Image: layout.jpg]

Participation gift by Eronoel

Quote:I thought something roof themed would be fun and we don't have a weather vane in Sims 4.

It is classified as "roof sculpture" (like the decorative chimney and such in build section). It is a partial conversion from Aminovas' weather vane and then I did a new thing for the top (the rooster and arrow). Texture is all mine. It has four colors - Oxidized copper, fresh copper, eroded iron and smooth iron.

I tried to make it not too high poly - 1223 (for LOD 0)/ 801 (for LOD 1). Costs 42. Named "Old Tyme Weather Vane" Yea, thats about it.

[Image: fzBZQxy.jpg]

[Image: VoO6ufU.png]
Participants

The Sims 4

The Sims 3

The Sims 2
I'm glad you provided some layouts for this. I would have been stuck, literally, at square one. I might give this one a try, I definitely need to get better at building overall  Nod

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with  Smile
Just remember that just because your walls need to stay put doesn't mean your roofs can't overlap (so that you have wide eaves) or that your second floors can't have balconies or flat roofs over those areas.
Mrmiss you are so right! Your foundation could also be bigger, so that you have a deck.
This looks like such a fun challenge, I hope I get to enter this! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for this
Owww, roofs! It will be fun. I am on board!
Guess I'm going first!  I used #8 to make a small home for one of my sims.  It's not really a micro-home but it's really little XD

So without further adoooooo my challenge entry using Sims 3!

[Image: 25433301780_d1cdb98848_o.png]

[Image: 25638957391_ddb16230a6_o.png]

[Image: 25433298720_d8eff0909d_o.png]

[Image: 25433297250_9b9d8d5379_o.png]

[Image: 25613004712_14e970609d_o.png]

And a bit of the inside:

[Image: 25103585654_58598e8c49_o.png]

[Image: 25103586794_01bd830155_o.png]

I know it's a fairly simple roof but I jazzed it up with those long windows, and a roof top garden!  I think those really make the whole thing.  I kinda messed up the ceiling, but I will try to fix it eventually.

Heidy
Nuclearwaffles, it might be a simple roof, but it is a very effective one and I think your dress up works really well!
Here's my entry!  Heidy 

I chose layout #5 and used TS3. I wanted to go for a Mediterranean style since it's something I've never done before. I also gave myself a small area to decorate since I wanted that added challenge as well. I enjoyed creating a smaller space because I was able to really focus on adding a lot of details and smaller objects.  Sun

[Image: rrjqkk.jpg]

[Image: jsk0wi.jpg]

[Image: auedd4.jpg]

[Image: sv19bl.jpg]

[Image: 2hi8rcl.jpg]

[Image: oqdn5c.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4