Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/archive/global.php 17 require_once
/archive/index.php 14 require_once
LivingSims Forum - Restaurants - easy as 1,2,3! (Closes: October 15th)

LivingSims Forum

Full Version: Restaurants - easy as 1,2,3! (Closes: October 15th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: Pccmn5L.png]

Now that all the sims games (mostly*) have restaurants, eager restaurateurs are hiring people left and right to decorate their new establishment. Will you end up with an Urban Turkish Coffee shop? an German Country Bakery? or a Modern Raw-Thai Raw restaurant? Your options are endless! Have Fun!

*poor sims 3 is only sort-of restaurant-y

The Task
For this challenge, you pick a restaurant theme (1), a restaurant type (2), and then decoration type (3) from below and get ready to decorate. You only need to show the lobby & dining area (although if you want to do the kitchen and other areas you can, just remember the 10 picture limit!). You can be as specific or as general as you want - I picked the themes based on what kind of restaurants we have where I live, but if there are some missing, please feel free to do your own!. The themes, settings and decoration type are meant to inspire you not box you in, so if you want to experiment with your own 1,2, or 3, just be sure to let us know when you post.

1. Themes: African (Moroccan, Ethiopian, etc), Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Korean, etc),  European (German, French, Italian, Scandinavian, Russian, English, Spanish, etc),  Middle Eastern/Mediterranean (Greek,Turkish, Lebanese, Jewish/Israeli, etc),North American (US American/Canadian, Caribbean, Southern Comfort Food, Californian, etc), South/Latin American (Argentinian, Mexican, Brazilian, etc.), Fusion (a mix of two or more), Pick Your Own (anything that doesn't fit into these categories). 

2. Resturant: Haute Cuisine, Fine Dining, Steak House, Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw/Health Food, Bistro, Casual Dining, Diner/Dive, Bar/Pub, Coffee Shop/Cafe, Bakery, Food Truck, Buffet/Cafeteria, Fast FoodPick Your Own (anything that doesn't fit into these categories)

3. Decor Style: Modern (Minimalist, Scandinavian, Eco, Etc) Historical (Art Deco, Art Nouveau, 50's, Medieval, etc) Industrial & Urban, Country (Western, Shabby Chic, Farmhouse, French Country, etc), Eclectic/Fusion/Bohemian, Coastal/Tropical/Nautical, [i][b]Pick Your Own[/b][/i] (anything that doesn't fit into these categories). 

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • Pick a theme from each listing above 1, 2, & 3
  • Please list which ones you picked
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close: 28th of September

Participation prize:

[Image: IFfciTZ.png]
Participants

The Sims 4

The Sims 3

The Sims 2
* = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.
This is an awesome idea! I really must do this! The restaurant feature is so much fun!

Don't forget that we can do this in sims 2 as well - if I remember correctly - or was it sims 1... hmmm?
Great challenge! Will give it a try, definitely!
I love this theme!

macthekat

This is an awesome idea! I really must do this! The restaurant feature is so much fun!

Don't forget that we can do this in sims 2 as well - if I remember correctly - or was it sims 1... hmmm?

I don't know the feature for 4 so...
But in both 1 and 2 you have community and residential lots, but for the sake of picture taking, it doesn't really matter.
What and amazing challenge!! I will give it a try when I have the pack. (yes still need to buy it lol)  Nod Yes
I'm in, love the idea!!!! Wink
riekus13: I thought so.

Haha, I don't have it for Sims 4 either yet. 

But remember everyone, that the restaurant doesn't actually need to be functional in game Wink
I'm loving the game play in Sims 4, I'll definitely give this challenge a shot when I get a chance!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5