09-03-2016, 01:55 PM
EA homes are... questionable at best. The patterns are usually gaudy and misplaced, the colors either too bold or too dull, the furnishing arrangements are... don't get us started. We find ourselves often wondering, 'What were they thinking!?' So we are going to set you lovely designers to work making EA homes a little less ugly one Room at a time.
Going into an already furnished EA house, stripping everything but the walls and starting anew sounds like an easy, everyday run of the mill make-over challenge. This however is Maxis Mayhem ladies and gentlemen.
Pick any furnished room in an EA/Maxis built house and make it over. You must however use the existing furnishings in your make-over.
Kudos for making over a community lot instead of a residential home, but you may do either.
Kudos for using only EA items (Basegame, EPs, SPs, GPs and store)!
- You must re-use every furnishing that already exists in your room. (deco and lamps can be replaced/removed)
- You must tell us the Name of the home and which world the home is located in.
- You must show us at least one before picture.
- You may re-color everything.
- You may reposition all of the furniture.
- You may post up to 10 pictures including the before picture. You may link to an album with more.
- Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
- You may add more furniture and decor items to the room.
- You may not move or add windows or doors but you may change them.
- You may not move or add more walls. (But halfwalls, fences etc. are ok to add)
- You may add free-standing fireplaces but not those that have to be "built" into a wall
- State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
- Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
- The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply
Remember to add in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.
This challenge will close: 21st of December
Issue 12: Maxis Mayham
Issue 16: Maxis Mayham 2
Issue 6: Versatile Maxis