Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/archive/global.php 17 require_once
/archive/index.php 14 require_once
LivingSims Forum - 10x10 Challenge 5.0 [Closes December 29th]

LivingSims Forum

Full Version: 10x10 Challenge 5.0 [Closes December 29th]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 10x10-5.png]

Decorating a large space is not hard. It's easy to make things look good when there is room for things to breath. It's also easy to photograph. However, we have a harder challenge for you. One that is closer to how many of us live - at least in our first homes after leaving the nest. Small homes. So we challenge you, not only to go small, but tiny. What can you do with a 10x10 lot? Can you make it fabulous, make it realistic, make it desirable, make it fun, make it cosy? Can you make a great tiny space?

The Task
I give to you a 10x10 lot to build on. You must be able to live there and you must not go outside of the 10x10 area, other than that anything goes. Whatever you dream, anything you wish, as long as it fits you can build it.

The Rules
  • You can start with whatever size lot you wish but you can only build on a 10x10 part of it. You may place anything you want outside of the 10X10 area but they can't be part of your build. Set dressing if you will.
  • The lot may be placed anywhere you wish.
  • If you are building a home you must include the following; toilet, sink, tub/shower, refrigerator, stove/microwave/grill, table, chair, bed, and some sort of entertainment.
  • You may also build a community lot, if you do the above requirements do not apply.
  • Nothing may go outside the boundaries of the 10x10 area with exception of plants which may overlap, but the walls can go right to the edge of the 10x10 area.
  • You may include an overview but it is not necessary.
  • Build as deep or as high as you wish, the sky is literally the limit.
  • This could be an indoor or an outdoor challenge as long as you include the above items.
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album.
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixels wide.
  • You may enter as many times as you wish but each entry should be in a different style.
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest.
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply.

This challenge will close: 29/12 2016

Participation prize: You'll receive this shiny badge for participating [Image: smallquaters.png]

If you need some inspiration you can browse the entries from Small Quarters: 10X10 Challenge10X10 Challenge 2.0,  10X10 Challenge 3.0 or 10X10 Challenge 4.0

Remember, you can use any cheats that you wish but nothing but plants may go outside of the 10x10 lot. And have fun.
Participants

The Sims 4

The Sims 3

The Sims 2
May I ask two short questions, please:

1. May there be a pool or terrace outside the 10x10?

2. What is meant by "Set dressing if you will."

Thank you in advance!
gooseberry - you can put whatever you want outside of the 10x10 but it is not part of your build, just a background so you don't have an open, blank area.
Oh man I had fun with this, except for the whole error code 12 thing that lost me half my decorating halfway through it, but I managed to get something I'm happy with!

I used a legit 10x10 lot and built something way out of my comfort zone.  I tried my hand at the Industrial style... not sure I got it but it seems close enough!

[Image: 30092673381_5d9ca2fee3_o.png]

[Image: 30177334315_5305724d17_o.png]

[Image: 30092672671_c693a43ddd_o.png]

[Image: 30092672281_ff66fc3028_o.png]

[Image: 30177333045_d4b52cb6b1_o.png]

[Image: 30142703126_84583eca7d_o.png]

[Image: 30177332335_0a6c88882d_o.png]

So for the most part this house is playable if you kill the double bed and put a single in... I don't really intend to do much playing in it though.

Heidy  if you want, and I hope you like!
It looks really great. I love the texture of it and the randomness of some of the clutter makes it seem real. :D
Haha, thanks mac! I'm kind of in love with the wall textures. I downloaded them the other day and went *le gasp!* As for the clutter/decor kind of reminds me of all the weird stuff I have hanging up in my house in real life. Autographed Sharknado poster and painting of Ronald Reagan riding a velociraptor, anyone? lol

I can't wait to see more entries! I might just have to do a second one too!
It's lovely you've done a great job. I too am trying my hand at themes outside my comfort zone I've done a couple of Industrial styles lately. I love your house and I', glad you sorted the issues out you had.
[Image: 1zdlwg6.jpg]

[Image: x6c2tt.jpg]

[Image: 2hz5y1i.jpg]

[Image: 295raqp.jpg]

[Image: yl3wk.jpg]

[Image: jkce3t.jpg]

[Image: 2e30vbp.jpg]

[Image: r0qgco.jpg]

[Image: 2z6ughu.jpg]

[Image: 2nve0y0.jpg]
ThatAtlasChick: Now that is beautiful! Is that the first time I have seen you do minimalism?
Pages: 1 2 3