LivingSims Forum

Full Version: What is going on with forums and the Sims in general?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Soooo.... I've returned from a pretty long absence. Not trying to start anything political, but, by way of explanation, I'm from the US and pretty much feel like my country is falling apart around my ears. I've been overly preoccupied with watching that happen and trying to make it stop on a daily basis.

In the midst of all of that, I've decided I need some kind of creative outlet to keep me from totally going off the rails. I looked to returning to simming and found the community has seemed to disintegrate while I wasn't looking. It's not just here on LS - it's everywhere I visited looking for the active simmers I used to love interacting with.

I got in game last night for the first time in months. I was trying to figure out some of the cool things we used to do using cheats in Sims 3 like waterfalls and bunk beds before they were available in game. So, of course, I started Googling. Instead of the helpful forum posts and tutorials I would expect, what I found instead were narrated speed builds and YouTube videos. With pleas to Subscribe and also watch their Twitch broadcasts, of course.  It's a different landscape for sure.

So, I guess my question is: "How do old-time Simmers adjust and try to establish community in the new Sims reality?" And is anyone out there interested in joining us anymore?

What do YOU think?
It really is different than before. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of communication or fun ideas and contests to participate in. I have been looking around and not having a whole lot of luck finding sites that remind me of the "old" days. This one is close, but things have evolved. Good luck on your search and I hope you share any information you may find out there! HUGS!!!!