Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Decorating Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - Printable Version
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie

LivingSims Forum
Decorating Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - Printable Version

+- LivingSims Forum (http://forum.livingsims.net)
+-- Forum: Challenges & Contests (http://forum.livingsims.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Closed Challenges & Contests (http://forum.livingsims.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Decorating Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) (/showthread.php?tid=8369)

Pages: 1 2

Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - Kementari - 04-26-2015

[Image: 2s6vyo0.jpg]

Have you hit a brick wall with your decorating? Have no clue what you want to do next? Well put your next room in the hands of lady luck. Let her decide where your inspiration shall come from!

The Task
Take 3 6 sided dice (or 1 and roll it 3 times) Each number will represent a different room, color and style. See the lists below to find out what you will be decorating and then post pics of your finished results! A virtual dice roller can be found here

If you cant trust yourself to stay with the numbers you rolled, we can roll the dice for you Smile

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry, including an overview. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • State which Room, Color and Style you rolled.
  • State which game you are using. TS2, TS3, TS4
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
  • The forum's Challenge & Contest Rules also apply
Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close:  July 26th 2015

Participation prize We are looking for a nice PP for this.

The Room:
  1. Bedroom - Can be either a Adult, Child or Nursery Room
  2. Bathroom
  3. Kitchen
  4. Living Room
  5. Dining Room
  6. Study - Can be a Office, Library or Hobby Room

The Color:

1. Black - When it comes to interior decorating black has gotten a bad rap. People tend to think decorating with black is dark and depressing. But this isn't the case. The reality is that at least a little bit of black is essential in every room.
  2. Metallic - Decadent gold, demure bronze, lavish silver and refined nickel brings a warmth and regality that just can't be achieved by their matte counterparts.
  3. Red - Due to it's dramatic glamor and bold energy, decorating with red takes a certain amount of courage and confidence. But when done correctly, rooms decorated with red can be warm, inviting, and sophisticated.
  4. Green - There are few colors as fresh and rejuvenating as green. Green is the color of rebirth, renewal, and growth. It's soothing, energetic and peaceful.
  5. Purple - Deep versions of this color signal luxury, while softer takes are famously soothing. A powerful purple piece can add passion to a room and will really pop when set against a complementary background color.
  6. Grey - In decorating circles, gray is the new white—and has been for a while. It’s a more elegant neutral that gives depth to subtle colors and makes bold tones pop. But getting gray right is tricky: The “temperature” of a particular shade—cool or warm—can evoke very different feelings and have an enormous impact on the mood of a room.
The Style:
  1. Art Deco - is a style that’s the embodiment of the Roaring 20’s, exuding bold and flashy. It borders on the bombastic yet maintains a fundamental elegance.
  2. Tuscan - draws its inspirations from old rustic villages in Italy. Tuscan interiors feature a rustic, sun-baked look characterized by stone patios; sturdy furnishings with elegant iron accents; terra-cotta tiles; textured wall finishes; elegant, detailed murals and trompe l’oeil designs.
  3. Vintage -  is all about creating a sense of charm and history through old eclectic pieces. Vintage interior design is about embracing the things of the past and enjoying them just as they are by repairing or refinishing them.
  4. Gothic - is characterized by dark colors for the walls, ceilings and floors. However, you generally want a large open space with this style because you can make a small living room look and feel even more cramped with Gothic interior design. Gothic style can deliver an immense atmosphere of luxury and mystique.
  5. Zen - In Japanese, Zen refers to meditation. In interior design, it reflects balance, harmony and relaxation. Although Zen interior design is not a proper design style and does not come with strict rules, it is often associated with Minimalism, simplicity and purity of lines. It is more a way of arranging a home and creating an atmosphere that offsets the stress and hassle of daily routine.
  6. French Country - is rustic, old-world, and welcoming. Wood beams, furniture with delicate, carved details, stone or brick floors covered with rugs, and fireplaces are prominent features. Copper pots, baskets, iron candle holders, pottery, colorful linens, old paintings, and clear glass vases are common accessory choices. You may also see window boxes containing clay pots of geraniums and lavender on window sills.
Great Style Guides can be found on our Pinterest account!

Check out the first round - second round of this challenge for some great inspiration!

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 - Kementari - 04-26-2015

Participants

The Sims 4
The Sims 3

The Sims 2

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - SweetCaffeine - 04-27-2015

Hi, I'm new here, but I would love to participate of this challenge.
I'm a sims 4 designer (more of trying to).

=D

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - Kementari - 04-28-2015

Hi there SweetCaffeine bye Welcome to the forums!

You can just jump right into any of the challenges we have going on here. If you want some one to roll the dice for you just ask, or you can roll them yourself and start decorating immediately! A virtual dice roller can be found here

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - SweetCaffeine - 04-28-2015

So, this is the room that I've decorated.

I roll the dice and got 4-6-4, what means that I had to do a gothic grey living room.

It was very fun to do it, I had never tried the gothic style before, and I end up very happy with the results.  Happy I redone the Goth's living room.

I would loveee to hear your thoughts about it too.

P.s.: So for confirme, it's Sims 4.

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv1_zpsorkcwdul.jpg]

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv2_zpsb9zxkevz.jpg]

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv3_zpsomh8c0po.jpg]

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv4_zps0rnfwlrk.jpg]

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv5_zpsi7ilwgrh.jpg]

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv6_zps9z0s2vvk.jpg]

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv7_zpsrawe2nyj.jpg]

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv8_zpsn0s7hz0b.jpg]

[Image: sweetcaffeinegothiclv9_zpsgbn0tk9l.jpg]

[Image: upview_zpsrtcugryr.jpg]

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - BlueHopper - 04-29-2015

Great furniture choices for the Gothic style @SweetCaffeine, and I like all the sculls you used throughout the space.

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - soliva - 05-02-2015

Sims 3
Study
Metallic
Art deco

[Image: Screenshot-453_zpshi2d5ljy.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-454_zpsr3xgp3av.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-458_zpsbdlqswcw.jpg]

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - ThatAtlasChick - 05-02-2015

Green Art Deco Bathroom. Hope I captured the art deco style here. It has always been a bit challenging.

[Image: x2mahe.jpg]

[Image: mb5m5j.jpg]

[Image: 292wt9v.jpg]

[Image: 2ltsz6b.jpg]

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - soliva - 05-03-2015

I definetively see some art deco elements there, Atlas. Like the lamps and the bold shapes on the mirrors. I especially like the old fashioned toilet you put in.

Here is a new go from me, this time a grey, french country kitchen. I swear that i chose grey on the counters, but they look more green in the pictures. But they are supposed to look grey...

[Image: Screenshot-484_zpsmztr3gcx.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-482_zpsxhz19azw.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-479_zpsyzn1bxyy.jpg]

RE: Roll your Room! 3.0 (Closes July 26th) - ThatAtlasChick - 05-04-2015

If it's hideous and I completely botched the art deco style this roll (not feeling too confident with this roll of bedroom, red, art deco) then don't say I didn't warn you.

[Image: 2ce5egg.jpg]

[Image: 2saf2nl.jpg]

[Image: 2589fkz.jpg]

[Image: 29on1fk.jpg]

[Image: oihanb.jpg]