Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
What do you miss from Sims 2
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Wishes What do you miss from Sims 2
Now that Sims 3 has a few EPs under its belt, what do you still miss from sims 2. Which features would you love them to bring back?

----------

I personally really miss:
Weather and seasons - I get rather tired of ever clear skies. I loved how the light changed with the seasons and how unpredictable it was.
I miss pets a lot, cats and dogs complete the households. And I miss my crazy cat lady with 6 cats in a tiny house - that was fun!

And I miss a lot of little things, but weather and pets are the two big ones. What features do you miss from Sims 2 in Sims 3?
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Seasons, pets, University! I miss having an actual "young adult" age where you go to school. And random I know but I miss the gardener! Sometimes I want my sims to have a garden without doing the work.
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterSocial ButterflyChatty CathyLandscapes GaloreCarebearSending LoveBeginner BuildersBeing BraveDonatorStorytellerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersBirthday WisherParty AnimalChallenge HostBased in FictionCopy CatRetired StafferEP MonsterColor Lover
I miss, first and foremost, collections. I hate having to search for a specific CC in my large collection. I miss pets. I miss diving boards and slides for the pool. And have I mentioned I miss collections? I also miss the different types of stairs made by CC creators (curved, half landing). Does anyone remember the CC glass elevator for S2? I miss that too. And lastly, I miss collections Rofl.
-------------------------------
[Image: Affiliatebuttonmedium.jpg]
Click banner to go to my blog
Received Awards:
Chatty CathyTutorial WriterBeginner's LuckChallenge CrazyNew FriendTreasure HunterSocial ButterflyHoarderStorytellerGreat BuilderFeedbackerBeginner BuildersSending LoveBeing BravePrize DonatorRetired StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Challenge RocketeerBirthday WisherParty AnimalTime TravellerDeck the HallsPet PersonCopy Cat
Seasons and weather - I'm sick of forever sunshine and I really need the different seasons. Miss the rain and snow.
I miss them being able to swim in the ocean.
I miss kids not being able to play musical instruments
Real apartment buildings that house multiple families. What we have now sucks. They need to bring this functionality back.
Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Received Awards:
Small QuartersBeginner's LuckBeing BraveBirthday WisherColor Lover
I miss the collections. I spend more time searching my CC folder than actually creating something.

I really miss the seasons! I miss shopping for clothes. I miss the multiple family apartment buildings. I miss the gardener.

And I really don't like the whole "click click boom here's the car". I liked seeing the garage door open and the car driving out of it. Sounds silly, I know.
[Image: 2gui1yh.png]
Received Awards:
Retired StafferTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckNew FriendHoarderChallenge RocketeerSending LovePrize DonatorSocial ButterflyBeing BraveColor LoverChatty CathyStorytellerBeginner BuildersStir CrazyParty AnimalGreat GardenerChallenge HostPhotographer of the WeekDonatorFeedbackerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlyTake me AwayBirthday WisherWCIF MasterCarebearRetired ModeratorCopy CatWriterProofreader
Seasons. I miss Seasons so much!

I also miss the collection files. What were they thinking by leaving that out? some of us have a ton of downloads (not that I am talking about myself, oh no).
[Image: SimGirl54.png]
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterDesign StylerTime TravellerChallenge RocketeerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Color LoverOn a Platter
i miss pets, pets and pets.

and just in cast i didn't already mention: i miss pets! Itwasntme
Received Awards:
New FriendPhotographer of the WeekTreasure HunterSending LoveDonatorWCIF MasterTutorial WriterChatty CathyBeginner's LuckStir CrazySmall QuartersChild FriendlyBeginner BuildersBased in FictionClock RacerSound of MusicI DoRetired ModeratorThank MachineBirthday WisherHoarderFeedbackerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Landscapes GaloreParty AnimalChallenge HostAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyColor LoverPet PersonBeing BraveTech SuportDorm CrazyCopy CatAd ManChallenge CrazyDeck the HallsFreelancerCarebearChallenge RocketeerTake me AwayEP MonsterTime TravellerMini MeEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyFeaturedWish FulfillerPrize DonatorJudgecornPhotographerHorse LoverRetired Staffer
(04-18-2011, 10:04 PM)Deelightful Wrote: I miss the collections. I spend more time searching my CC folder than actually creating something.

I really miss the seasons! I miss shopping for clothes. I miss the multiple family apartment buildings. I miss the gardener.

And I really don't like the whole "click click boom here's the car". I liked seeing the garage door open and the car driving out of it. Sounds silly, I know.

(04-18-2011, 10:57 PM)Simbabe54 Wrote: Seasons. I miss Seasons so much!

I also miss the collection files. What were they thinking by leaving that out? some of us have a ton of downloads (not that I am talking about myself, oh no).

I think your prayers about collections are about to be answered. I think they bring it back in the next EP Generations. I'm glad its coming back too because I have TONS and TONS of CC Smile

Yes I miss the car backing out of the garage and driving off.
Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Received Awards:
Small QuartersBeginner's LuckBeing BraveBirthday WisherColor Lover
bathing babies and toddlers, they were so cute reaching for the parent, and the breastfeeding hack. I HATE the bottle/spin diaper thing with a passion.

If I could Mod, I would mod an invisible bottle just so I could ignore it.
Nihil Nimus
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterBeing BraveProofreaderWCIF MasterDonatorPrize DonatorLS Extra StafferBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Retired StafferColor Lover
I miss quite a few of the things mentioned, too.

- Kids playing instruments
- Swimming in the ocean (good ones, Lisfyre!)
- Suntanning and building sandcastles on the beaches
- Seasons/weather
- Dating! Oh yes, dating. As a mainly romance writer, dating is sorely missed.
- Dancing! I mean REAL dancing, arm in arm, cheek to cheek. *sigh* Sooo miss that, again for stories
- Diving boards. Yup, definitely those too.
- The gardener (although the garden club was a bit silly, IMO)
- Circular stairs (soon to be remedied Wink )
- Collections. Goodness, yes! Not totally convinced they're actually coming back full-force with this EP, though.
- And yes, the car actually being USED like a car should be - gotten into, driven out of the garage, etc. That I miss. I know it's for ease of programming reasons that they do it like they do now, but still... Sadsmile
- Change tables. I think spinning a kid in the air just don't cut it, bub. Besides, what's a nursery without a change table???
Received Awards:
Tutorial WriterGreat GardenerSocial ButterflyLlama DesignerTreasure HunterLS Extra StafferSending LoveStorytellerTutorial WriterBirthday WisherParty AnimalEA are you kidding?Color Lover

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newly Returned to Sims 3 KatCat 4 2,636 06-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Lorry
  World Help in finding the perfect World vonda24 0 994 05-26-2016, 11:00 PM
Last Post: vonda24
Thumbs Up What's your favourite interaction? lea-sweet 3 1,964 09-25-2015, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles