I simply cannot stand waiting for functional circular stairs.
Another thing I miss is how funny and cute my sims were. I still have TS2 installed but am having random, unexplained crashes and have given up on it until I can figure out just what in the heck is going on. I had a family in Belladonna Cove and they were all certifiably insane. Now, some of my sims in TS3 are pretty funny, but not as funny as some of the sims I had in TS2. They were soooooooooooooo dramatic! everything was a crisis with them.
I miss Seasons. I hated the snow and raking the blasted leaves but the rest I loved. Especially the rain.
I miss being able to bath the babies and toddlers and I loved the breastfeeding mod.
I miss not being able to dance cheek to cheek. It was soooo romantic.
I miss all the little interactions with the children (maybe that will change with the new EP).
I miss not being able to swim in the ocean.
I'm not particularly fussed about pets but it would be nice to have the option.
I miss being able to use you own pictures when painting.
Peachbird, I was thinking an invisible bottle would be "close" to the old breastfeeding mod. Some issues with males/not mother feeding and toddlers though. My hope remains that it will be in Generations, even if buried in code like the original breastfeeding mod was and some talented modder will find it and replicate it. Or mesh the Avent breast pump, so it is expressed milk.
Returning to the topic at hand, also miss yoga and ballet. The Sims doing yoga was adorable.
The things I miss most are the thunderstorms, Collections, and, strangely, University. I never really liked playing sims in college with Sims 2, but I think the open world would really make University a lot more fun.
I miss the sim's personality would have cute, quirky animations that go with what we put in the queue. Like slob sims don't like cleaning up, so when you have them wash the dishes or clean the toliet they would point to their self like a "who me" response and slowly go do the chore with the shoulders hunched. When a romance sim is told to go flirt with someone, they would do an "alright!" type animation and do a leaning, cool dude walk (females would switch) to do the interaction. I miss the little things like that, it made me love them more. In Sims 3 they do the clap happy after completing the actions they like, but it doesn't make the sim personable.
My creations for Sims 4, visit My Sims 4 CC. tumblr link
- Seasons! As it has already been mentioned, I loved the way the light use to change.
- Artificial sky mod. The sky in TS3 is much more beautiful than it was in TS2 - the rising moon, for example! - but I would like to customize a bit. It was really useful for various photoshoots.
- It used to be much, much easier to build split-level stairs (with the stage tool).
- Also, I haven't really explored this so far, but it was easier to customize your neighborhood. In TS2, you could make your own mountains/lakes/whatever (well, there was a cheat for that), and I'm pretty sure that this is not possible in TS3. I miss a lot of neighborhood deco as well, but this is more about CC than about the game itself.
- Being able to place paintings outside the slots.
(04-22-2011, 02:34 PM)peachbird76 Wrote: I miss being able to bath the babies and toddlers and I loved the breastfeeding mod.
I know we didn't have breastfeeding in Sims 2. That particular interaction came with Sims Medieval if I remember correctly. That would be so awesome to have in Sims 3. There's a mod for it? Where?
And EA definitely has to put back the bathing for babies/toddlers.
Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand