Mixing Scandinavian: Gustavian style
[Image: Gustavian.jpg]

The Swedish interior style known as Gustavian style takes it inspiration from the Swedish court of the 1700s which was strongly inspired by French court style at that time. The style is elegant and light. Some decorate their entire home in this style, while other mix it up with clean lined modern furniture with stunning effect.

"Swedish Gustavian interior decor style dates back to the 1770s when the future King Gustav III returned home from the French court of Versailles. Inspired by what he had seen there, he created his own “Paris of the North.” The resulting Gustavian style is a pared-back version of French rococo with neoclassical influences. The style, kown for its simplicity and muted pale colors, is still very popular."
weeberry.tumblr.com

Key elements:
White
Light antique or wannabe antique furniture
Light worn wood
Wooden floors
Panels and mouldings
Non-dominating fabrics
Few green plants but fresh flowers

Colours:
White
Dusted/muted light pastels

Descriptions:
Style overview
Charateristics with example pictures

I would like for you to familiarize yourself with the different themes that can be used to create this design. Take inspiration from the information provided and recreate it in your game. Share with us your photos.

*Please keep your photos limited to 10 per post.

How To: Post Pictures

Our official Pinterest board
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 2 users say Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
After much looking at google images every two seconds, I think I actually might have got this right.

[Image: 732wix.jpg]
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Interior Designing Info mahaislam 0 306 07-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Last Post: mahaislam
  Modern Functionalism macthekat 2 3,926 08-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Last Post: macthekat
  Modern Scandinavian macthekat 3 4,599 08-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Last Post: macthekat