Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Picnic in the Park - closing August 10th
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Picnic in the Park - closing August 10th
Bigsmile @ Pro!

Alright, in for a penny, in for a pound, as they say. Here's my entry, although it ain't nowhere NEAR Pro's and or Kim's.... However, it's functional for my town... and it has a special feature... Bigsmile

So Cherimola Flats is a new town I'm working on - just an emptied version of Riverview - and it needed a "central park" thing, so this challenge was a good way to get that done for me. Wink

City Council wanted an "accessible" park - something that didn't involve fences or stairs or largely sunken areas, etc., etc., etc. The park planners lobbied hard for the land they wanted to build it on - which used to be zoned for "graveyard" - because it was 1) right behind City Hall, 2) at one end of Cherimola Flats' downtown island, and 3) had terrific views of the rivers on 3 sides - and what dead guy was going to appreciate that, right???

As these things happen, after much deliberation and a council meeting that ran until close to midnight, they got their land. Wink

In keeping with my Micheal Bublé community-lot-naming thing, I have been very overt with this lot - it is the "Bublé Point Park". Rofl

Situated right behind the public services building (a.k.a. City Hall), Bublé Point Park is the major downtown park of the area. It has a BBQ pavilion with a covered eating area and a covered chess-game pavilion, as well.

[Image: screenshot-17602.jpg]

[Image: screenshot-18604.jpg]

The center of the park has an area to sit and read or just "people-watch" or maybe just stare at the fountain...

[Image: screenshot-18806.jpg]

There are swings for the kiddies - and Cherimola Flats City Council has announced publicly that they will be adding more fun things for the wee ones once Generations is out. Wink

[Image: screenshot-18705.jpg]

And what major park would be complete without an area to roast marshmallows in, I ask you??? Great place to sit during the evenings and listen to the river running by and the fire cackle, as well.

[Image: screenshot-18503.jpg]

And the crowning glory of this park *snork* is what we in British Columbia call a "carpetbed" - a picture made out of flowers. This one is inspired by a floral display in Vancouver's Stanley Park within the last 10 years. (Vancouver is Michael Bublé's home town, thus the significance to this park.)

[Image: screenshot-19614.jpg]

So for those who may be unfamiliar with this, these kinds of displays can be seen all over BC. Basically, it's a raised up bit of earth with flowers planted "just so" to make an image and more than likely a nice sign (either in flowers or one that stands at the top of the mound) telling folks what you're looking at. (Inspiration Picture Here)

[Image: screenshot-18907.jpg]

[Image: screenshot-19008.jpg]

Overview:
[Image: screenshot-19109.jpg]

You may have noticed that other than one tree (and the flowers making the carpetbed and around the fountain area), there are very few plants. That's because of that whole "accessible" thing they wanted - open to the rest of the land around it. giggle
Received Awards:
Tutorial WriterGreat GardenerSocial ButterflyLlama DesignerTreasure HunterLS Extra StafferSending LoveStorytellerTutorial WriterBirthday WisherParty AnimalEA are you kidding?Color Lover
This is beautiful! The floral display looks so real.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to noel1234 for this post
Received Awards:
Oh I love the butterfly! We have flower signs in the East Midlands (England) and I never thought to recreate them. So pretty!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to lemonjelly for this post
Received Awards:
Retired StafferVery helpfulThank MachineWCIF MasterTreasure HunterChatty CathyPrize DonatorSending LoveHoarderTutorial WriterBirthday WisherSilver StafferI DoSmall QuartersChild FriendlyPhotographer of the WeekStorytellerRetired ModeratorPet PersonEA are you kidding?Color Lover
Wow, Webby, that butterfly must have taken you hours!it's beautiful!
[Image: SimGirl54.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Simbabe54 for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterDesign StylerTime TravellerChallenge RocketeerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Color LoverOn a Platter
Thanks, all! Not hours, actually, Simbabe, but a while. Wink It was a bit off-center - but there was no way I was going to move all those flowers over a square or two! Rofl
Received Awards:
Tutorial WriterGreat GardenerSocial ButterflyLlama DesignerTreasure HunterLS Extra StafferSending LoveStorytellerTutorial WriterBirthday WisherParty AnimalEA are you kidding?Color Lover
That flowerbed is absolutely gorgeous! Great job, Webby!

Here's my entry. I started out with the idea of St. James Park in London, which I love, based on this map but simmified.

[Image: picnicinthepark1_overview_01.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_02.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_03.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_04.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_05.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_06.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_07.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_08.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_09.jpg]

[Image: picnicinthepark1_10.jpg]
[Image: 2gui1yh.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Deelightful for this post
Received Awards:
Retired StafferTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckNew FriendHoarderChallenge RocketeerSending LovePrize DonatorSocial ButterflyBeing BraveColor LoverChatty CathyStorytellerBeginner BuildersStir CrazyParty AnimalGreat GardenerChallenge HostPhotographer of the WeekDonatorFeedbackerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlyTake me AwayBirthday WisherWCIF MasterCarebearRetired ModeratorCopy CatWriterProofreader
It's beautiful, Dee, I love all the bridges and the swans!
[Image: SimGirl54.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Simbabe54 for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterDesign StylerTime TravellerChallenge RocketeerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Color LoverOn a Platter
@ Webby: OMG that flowerbed is amazing!

@ Dee: Gorgeous, just freaking gorgeous.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Nerieda for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendSocial ButterflyTreasure HunterWCIF MasterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChild FriendlyDorm CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatClock RacerTake me AwaySmall QuartersBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Sending LoveColor Lover
The flowerbed is and great eye-catcher Webby! To make the park accessible and still have some trees, I'd suggest birch trees; they have a small trunk and the branches are rather high so Sims can walk underneath it. They're one of my favourite trees to look at and to use in The Sims :) I love the covered picknick area, that way people can still picknick on those hot rainy summer days ;)
[Image: prona.png]
[Image: LiveJournalSignature.jpg]

Last.fm | Call me Pro

Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChallenge HostTutorial WriterFeedbackerSending LoveBeing BraveSocial ButterflyDonatorPhotographer of the WeekAd ManLS Extra StafferChild FriendlySmall QuartersTime TravellerBirthday WisherAnd unicornsEA are you kidding?
Webby I like that your park is functional. It looks like one we would have a barbeque at. I love that butterfly, that is pretty darn amazing. I'm always amazed when I see those kinds of things in real life, seeing it in the sims is no different.

Dee I second what Nerieda said. Gorgeous!
[+] 2 users say Thank You to RepulsiveDesire for this post
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila