Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Beginners Luck 5.0 - closing August 10th
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Beginners Luck 5.0 - closing August 10th
[Image: beginnersluck5.png]

We all started somewhere, at the beginnings, as beginners. Practice and feedback is what makes us grow into more then beginners.

The Task
Make over the room shown in the next post so it fits the habitants' tastes and needs. Spend some time on it and see just how great you can make the room.

Who may enter
If you consider your self a beginner in the whole decorating and taking picture-thing, then you are very welcome.

Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 players are welcome to enter

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • We want to see at least 4 pictures (including an overview)
  • Leave the walls where they are
  • You may chance the fences, into walls or half walls or different fences. But you may not add more walls.
  • You may change but not move windows and doors
  • Required functions: Sofa, armchair(s), tv, music (stereo or instrument), something hobby related that fits the sims traits.
  • You may enter 3 times
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest

This challenge will close the August 10th

Put Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't

Participation prize
If anyone want to donate a prize for the beginners it would be very welcome - it is their first challenge after all, they should get something for being brave!
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
The room & house
You can either find the house in Sunset Valley or build the room yourself - that is up to you.

Where to find the house

The house - Before pictures
Second floor living areas takes advantage of the large deck overlooking the beach. This modest house includes two lower bedrooms that opens onto a second deck and an enclosed garden.

[Image: Screenshot-965.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-966.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-964.jpg]

The Household
The Frio brothers are cool - but in very different way. Connor is shy and sems aloof; Jared is downright cold to people after he befriends them. Can anything be done to change them into the next level of cool: awesome?

[Image: Screenshot-101.jpg]

Connor Frio:
A loner by nature, about the only person that Connor doesn't mind having around is his brother, Jared. After all, hist brother leaves him alone to be his own person, never trying to push him or mold him the way his parents and classmates did. No, Jared doesn't mind that Connor often likes to just sit alone, reading a good book, so why would Connor want to spend time with anyone else?
Connor Frio is a loner and he is very unflirty. He is a good man though absent-minded and quite a bookworm. He enjoys clasical music and fish and chips. He loves white.

Jared Frio
Jared Frio isn't sure whaat he wants to do with his life. He knows he's good at cooking, but he just doesn't have the drive or ambition to become a great shef. He knows he's good at charming people, but he just doesn't have the desire to do more then scratch the surfaces of relationships. What will it take to aim him in the right direction?
He is a party animal of the inappropriate kind of way. He is a natural cook and is a heavy sleeper. He is also quite mean spirited then it comes down to it. He enjoys electronic music and salmon steaks. And his favourite colour is dark green.
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Participants

Sims 3
Sims 2
Received Awards:
Lovely new beginners challenge! I hope a lot of people will enter!
Assitant Chief Editor, Head of Photography, layouter
Sims 2| Sims 3

Take better picturesHow to post imagesForum Rules

livingsims@leckerrezepte.de
Received Awards:
PhotographerLayouterPhotographer of the WeekHoarderLS Extra StafferOrganizerChallenge HostWriterGold StafferBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?JudgecornSmall QuartersSilver StafferColor Lover
1000 times I have given this room a makeover! I'm very curious how others implement it!
Received Awards:
HoarderWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterThank MachineBirthday WisherBeing BravePrize DonatorSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyDesign StylerLandscapes GalorePhotographer of the WeekCopy CatEA are you kidding?Color Lover
Oh I always wanted to see this room made over - such a neat layout, but such an ugly bachelor pad!
[Image: RhNWB9Mh.png]
Received Awards:
WriterLS Extra StafferNew FriendFeaturedContest WinnerTreasure HunterSending LovePhotographerChallenge HostPrize DonatorChallenge MasterTake me AwayBirthday WisherDesign StylerDonatorSound of MusicChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyTime TravellerAnd unicornsCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersEP MonsterColor LoverRetired Staffer
Are we only meant to do the top floor or the bottom floor as well? I want to do both but I'm not sure if they're both part of the challenge.
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherNew FriendBeing BraveBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterSending LoveChatty CathyBeginner BuildersLlama DesignerFeedbackerChallenge HostSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3
The room that Mac posted the pictures of is the challenge, Amy. But of course you can do the whole house and post the lower floor pictures in an album or in the other picture threads Smile
[Image: 2gui1yh.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Deelightful for this post
Received Awards:
Retired StafferTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckNew FriendHoarderChallenge RocketeerSending LovePrize DonatorSocial ButterflyBeing BraveColor LoverChatty CathyStorytellerBeginner BuildersStir CrazyParty AnimalGreat GardenerChallenge HostPhotographer of the WeekDonatorFeedbackerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlyTake me AwayBirthday WisherWCIF MasterCarebearRetired ModeratorCopy CatWriterProofreader
Ahkay, thanks Dee. That'll be the room I focus on then Smile
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherNew FriendBeing BraveBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterSending LoveChatty CathyBeginner BuildersLlama DesignerFeedbackerChallenge HostSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3
I may have to try this, I have never really liked the inside of the Frio's house.
[Image: SimGirl54.png]
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterDesign StylerTime TravellerChallenge RocketeerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Color LoverOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila