Beginner's Luck is one of our more popular challenges especially amongst our newer members. It provide a sanctum where you don't feel intimidated by the more experienced members of the forum. We know a lot of people find building really really hard, so we wanted to give all of you the same kind of sanctum.
We have provided a number of basic floor plans for you to choose from. You pick one of them to be the basic of your build.
The idea is to provide a stepping stone between always having to start with an existing house OR a floor plan. And having to come up with houses completely on your own. We also help with this by focusing on the outside of the house.
Pick a floor plan. This should be the floor plan of the ground floor of your building (with or without foundation). You now have to turn the simple shape into the most intersting house you can using all the tools in your toolbox: Windows, doors, wall covers, roofs, balconies, railing, columns etc.
You may also add some decoration from the buy menu but you do not have to. You do not have to touch the garden either. This is just about the house.
Who may enter
If you consider your self a beginner in the whole building thing. You can enter.
If your houses never turn out as you want them. You can enter.
If you find it hard to be creative with your builds. You can enter.
If you can only build one style of houses. You can enter.
Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 players are welcome to enter
Hm! I am not a beginner...
and I really want to try... what when?
You are very welcome to do the challenge and share your pictures in your album, but not in the challenge.
- Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
- No pictures from the inside of the house is allowed (show them in sims x pictures or in your album instead).
- Minimum 4 pictures.
- Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
- You may enter 3 times
- The ground floor have to have outer walls that fits the floor plan you picked, but other floors may have any shape you want. Foundations may be bigger as well. It is just the outer walls on the ground floor that have to fit.
- You may remove/move the inner walls
- You may turn or mirror the floor plan layout all you want.
- Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
Reading the floor plan
Each floor plan is numbered and is s made up of a number of contented/overlapping squares. The inner lines of these should be ignored. 1 square is also 1 square ingame. The black outer lines of each floor plan is where your outer walls on the first liveable floor should be.
This challenge will close the 3/8
Lets give the brave builders something please