Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Beginner Builders
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Beginner Builders
[Image: beginer-build.png]

Beginner's Luck is one of our more popular challenges especially amongst our newer members. It provide a sanctum where you don't feel intimidated by the more experienced members of the forum. We know a lot of people find building really really hard, so we wanted to give all of you the same kind of sanctum.

We have provided a number of basic floor plans for you to choose from. You pick one of them to be the basic of your build.

The idea is to provide a stepping stone between always having to start with an existing house OR a floor plan. And having to come up with houses completely on your own. We also help with this by focusing on the outside of the house.

The Task
Pick a floor plan. This should be the floor plan of the ground floor of your building (with or without foundation). You now have to turn the simple shape into the most intersting house you can using all the tools in your toolbox: Windows, doors, wall covers, roofs, balconies, railing, columns etc.

You may also add some decoration from the buy menu but you do not have to. You do not have to touch the garden either. This is just about the house.

Who may enter
If you consider your self a beginner in the whole building thing. You can enter.
If your houses never turn out as you want them. You can enter.
If you find it hard to be creative with your builds. You can enter.
If you can only build one style of houses. You can enter.

Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 players are welcome to enter

Hm! I am not a beginner...
and I really want to try... what when?
You are very welcome to do the challenge and share your pictures in your album, but not in the challenge.

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • No pictures from the inside of the house is allowed (show them in sims x pictures or in your album instead).
  • Minimum 4 pictures.
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • You may enter 3 times
  • The ground floor have to have outer walls that fits the floor plan you picked, but other floors may have any shape you want. Foundations may be bigger as well. It is just the outer walls on the ground floor that have to fit.
  • You may remove/move the inner walls
  • You may turn or mirror the floor plan layout all you want.
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest

Reading the floor plan
Each floor plan is numbered and is s made up of a number of contented/overlapping squares. The inner lines of these should be ignored. 1 square is also 1 square ingame. The black outer lines of each floor plan is where your outer walls on the first liveable floor should be.

This challenge will close the 3/8

Participation prize
Lets give the brave builders something please
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Floor plans
Pick one you like and use it as your base

[Image: floorplan.png]

Style advise
Some possible styles, but you can pick others as well.

Modern houses:
  • Avoid decorations that do not add function to the house.
  • Use windows with simple frames
  • Use more then one texture on the wall to add interest. Stucco and wood look great together. So does brick and natural stone.
  • Not a box. Avoid the trap of having a box house, by having different height on your house.
  • Use flat or low raise roofs

Country houses:
  • Porches add a southern state charm to a house. Add a railing and curved columns.
  • Wall textures: Painted wood or/and natural stone are all times favorites
  • Windows that are sub-divided
  • Roofs: Never flat roofs. Often more then one angle

Traditional Mediterranean houses
  • Wall texture: Stucco, natural stone or yellow bricks
  • Arches are a common feature
  • Shutters to keep out the sun but let in air
  • Red or orange clay roofs
  • Covered patios
  • 2 or more floors

Traditional East Asian houses
  • Layouts: Regular with few features
  • Stucco or paper/wood walls
  • Roofs: Curved pagoda roofs. Sometimes roofs over roofs
  • Doors: Either very decorated or very simple
  • Chinese house often have an outer wall all the way around the house with a gate
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Participants

Sims 3
Sims 2
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
Oh nice challenge, can't wait to see what everyone will come up with!
Assitant Chief Editor, Head of Photography, layouter
Sims 2| Sims 3

Take better picturesHow to post imagesForum Rules

livingsims@leckerrezepte.de
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Ankuuh for this post
Received Awards:
PhotographerLayouterPhotographer of the WeekHoarderLS Extra StafferOrganizerChallenge HostWriterGold StafferBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?JudgecornSmall QuartersSilver StafferColor Lover
This is awesome, Mac. Love the different floor plans.
-------------------------------
[Image: Affiliatebuttonmedium.jpg]
Click banner to go to my blog
[+] 1 user says Thank You to esjai for this post
Received Awards:
Chatty CathyTutorial WriterBeginner's LuckChallenge CrazyNew FriendTreasure HunterSocial ButterflyHoarderStorytellerGreat BuilderFeedbackerBeginner BuildersSending LoveBeing BravePrize DonatorRetired StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Challenge RocketeerBirthday WisherParty AnimalTime TravellerDeck the HallsPet PersonCopy Cat
Great challenge for starting builders!
[Image: prona.png]
[Image: LiveJournalSignature.jpg]

Last.fm | Call me Pro

Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChallenge HostTutorial WriterFeedbackerSending LoveBeing BraveSocial ButterflyDonatorPhotographer of the WeekAd ManLS Extra StafferChild FriendlySmall QuartersTime TravellerBirthday WisherAnd unicornsEA are you kidding?
Will absolutely be trying this! Building/layouts is always what I have the most trouble with. This will be a true challenge! Let's hope no one gets hurt.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ThatStrangeOne for this post
Received Awards:
New Friend
I can't build to save my life. I'll have to get up my courage to try this.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Nerieda for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendSocial ButterflyTreasure HunterWCIF MasterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChild FriendlyDorm CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatClock RacerTake me AwaySmall QuartersBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Sending LoveColor Lover
Sounds like fun! I'm in!idea
[+] 1 user says Thank You to JackSimmer95 for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeginner's LuckBeginner Builders
I think I'm going to have to make myself do this challenge. It would be a great start for jumping into the whole building scene I think. I'm really appreciative of the style advice as well. Great tips!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to RepulsiveDesire for this post
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila