Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Put the tip to use: Outdoor Spaces - closing August 10th
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Put the tip to use: Outdoor Spaces - closing August 10th
[Image: 5qfBy.png]

Porches, Balconies, Patios and Decks can add a lot of fun to your house, but often we just tack them on and forget about them. For this challenge, use the tips below and make an outdoor space to call your own.

Task
Use three or more tips, listed below, to build an outdoor space - a porch, balcony, patio or deck. This “Put the Tip to Use” challenge will be used in the next issue of Living Sims. Your pictures will be used to illustrate these tips, so if you enter in this challenge your pictures may be in the next issue!

The Rules
  • You must include at least one night time shot and least one one day shot
  • You must list 3 tips you used (even if you used more, keep it to 3)
  • You must decorate an outdoor space (patio, porch, balcony or deck) but not a garden
  • You can have your outdoor space on a second, third or even top floor.
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may of course link to more in an album.
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide.
  • You may enter 3 times
  • Take your picture without grids on – unless it is the overview shot
  • Please include an overview shot

Tips:
1. Make it a place to entertain,enjoy, and relax, not just an add on to your house. Do this by including seats, swings, and lounge chairs.

2. Embrace your imagination include things that might not normally be on a outdoor living space, like curtains, paintings, books and other accessories that are thought to be “indoor.”

3. Decorate with night time in mind. Use candles and lights to make your outdoor living space a place to relax any time of day.

4. Even though this is not a garden challenge, including plants in pots, ivy climbing up walls and hanging plants to add some organic green to your space.

5. Add pergolas, umbrellas, shades and lattice work to keep your outdoor living space shady in the hot summer.

6. On larger outdoor living spaces add an outdoor kitchen, a bbq, or a bar and tables to make an outdoor dining area.

7. Just because you want your outdoor living space to blend in with your house doesn't mean that it can't have its own personality. Add some colorful tiles or beautiful wooding to make your outdoor space special.

This challenge will close August 10th
[Image: RhNWB9Mh.png]
Received Awards:
WriterLS Extra StafferNew FriendFeaturedContest WinnerTreasure HunterSending LovePhotographerChallenge HostPrize DonatorChallenge MasterTake me AwayBirthday WisherDesign StylerDonatorSound of MusicChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyTime TravellerAnd unicornsCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersEP MonsterColor LoverRetired Staffer
Participants

Sims 2
- scarletkabby
-
-

Sims 3
- lylim6
- oumamea
- kimjimbob
- Saprophyte
- Protectron
- cari4003
- admiralxapple
[Image: RhNWB9Mh.png]
Received Awards:
WriterLS Extra StafferNew FriendFeaturedContest WinnerTreasure HunterSending LovePhotographerChallenge HostPrize DonatorChallenge MasterTake me AwayBirthday WisherDesign StylerDonatorSound of MusicChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyTime TravellerAnd unicornsCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersEP MonsterColor LoverRetired Staffer
I really wanted to try this challenge! Used tips 1,2,3(I hope I did use it properly) And this is a small modern-ish deck, hope it's ok!Smile

Overview:

[Image: Screenshot-5.jpg]

Night shots:

[Image: Screenshot-13-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-4-2.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-3-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-7-2.jpg]

Daylight shots:

[Image: Screenshot-6-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-8-2.jpg]

[Image: sig_lylim.jpg][Image: lylim.png] [Image: potw.jpg]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to lylim6 for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSending LoveGreat GardenerPhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersDorm CrazyTake me AwayTime TravellerBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerAnd unicornsDeck the HallsCopy CatTreasure HunterBased in FictionEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthFeaturedColor Lover
Holy crap, that place looks awesome! I love the night shots, it looks so cozy and comfortable. Also great use of the stage tool!
[Image: prona.png]
[Image: LiveJournalSignature.jpg]

Last.fm | Call me Pro

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Protectron for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChallenge HostTutorial WriterFeedbackerSending LoveBeing BraveSocial ButterflyDonatorPhotographer of the WeekAd ManLS Extra StafferChild FriendlySmall QuartersTime TravellerBirthday WisherAnd unicornsEA are you kidding?
Gorgeous, lylim, it looks so cozy and comfy, the sort of place I would love to read a book in.
[Image: SimGirl54.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Simbabe54 for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterDesign StylerTime TravellerChallenge RocketeerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Color LoverOn a Platter
Thank you! I just made the night shots a bit darker to emphasize the lights Smile
[Image: sig_lylim.jpg][Image: lylim.png] [Image: potw.jpg]
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSending LoveGreat GardenerPhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersDorm CrazyTake me AwayTime TravellerBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerAnd unicornsDeck the HallsCopy CatTreasure HunterBased in FictionEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthFeaturedColor Lover
That is very impressive and Pro is right, you really put the stage tool to good use!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Gorgeous work Lylim
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Nerieda for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendSocial ButterflyTreasure HunterWCIF MasterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChild FriendlyDorm CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatClock RacerTake me AwaySmall QuartersBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Sending LoveColor Lover
Lylim6, Wonderfull and just gorgeous ^^
You know you can't smile without me
And remeber
Always look on the bright side of life Happy02

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Diddi91 for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendChatty CathyBirthday WisherChallenge HostSound of MusicBeing BraveEA are you kidding?Small QuartersColor Lover
Just stunning!
[Image: 2gui1yh.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Deelightful for this post
Received Awards:
Retired StafferTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckNew FriendHoarderChallenge RocketeerSending LovePrize DonatorSocial ButterflyBeing BraveColor LoverChatty CathyStorytellerBeginner BuildersStir CrazyParty AnimalGreat GardenerChallenge HostPhotographer of the WeekDonatorFeedbackerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlyTake me AwayBirthday WisherWCIF MasterCarebearRetired ModeratorCopy CatWriterProofreader

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila