Mixing Mixing styles: Eclectic style
[Image: Eclectic.png]

Quote:Eclectic style: selecting individual elements from a variety of sources, systems or styles. Also, made up of or combining elements from a variety of sources.

By using some or all of your pieces, you can accomplish an eclectic style that is uniquely your own. It doesn't matter if you prefer modern, country, contemporary or traditional; eclecticism can be applied successfully.
Source: suite101

Or put another way
Quote:Eclectic style interior design is the way to go if you just can't choose one style. This interesting mix of furniture and accessories has long been a hit with collectors and interior designers, so now it's time to try it in your own home.

As it applies to the world of design, eclecticism is a blend of furnishing styles from a mixture of sources and time periods. An eclectic room should feature pieces with commonalities to create harmony within the design. This is definitely not a hodgepodge or jumbled assortment of random items, but a planned deliberate design. A shared theme or component should tie everything together.
Source: LoveToKnow

Or yet another way:
Quote:Eclectic style encompasses a variety of periods and styles and is brought together through the use of color, texture, shape and finish.
Source: HgTV

Key Features
Furniture pieces from a number of styles/periods
Common colour/texture/shape or finish
Unique
Harmony
Not Random

Colours: Any you want, but it is a good idea to have a neutral back drop

Furniture: Lines, finishes and materials of the pieces in a room are tied together with paint, fabric or a more refined or roughed-up finish. But not by the style of the furniture

Fabrics: multitude of fabrics: patterned, textured or both. But pick a colour scheme for them or it can turn out chaotic instead of cool.

Inspiration:
Combine style like a pro - HgTV
amazing eclectic style - freshome
So Your Style Is: Eclectic

Related styles
Boho Chic
Fusion

Your design
Take inspiration from the information provided and recreate it in your game. Share with us your photos.
*Please keep your photos limited to 10 per post. You may link to more if you like.
How To: Post Pictures

Eclectic Pinterest style board
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
This is my favorite style... Smile I often use this site for some eclectic inspiration http://eclecticrevisited.wordpress.com/ although her stuff tends to be more on the fancy side.
[Image: RhNWB9Mh.png]
Received Awards:
WriterLS Extra StafferNew FriendFeaturedContest WinnerTreasure HunterSending LovePhotographerChallenge HostPrize DonatorChallenge MasterTake me AwayBirthday WisherDesign StylerDonatorSound of MusicChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyTime TravellerAnd unicornsCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersEP MonsterColor LoverRetired Staffer
I love eclectic style, I think it's one the most creative styles there is!
[Image: prona.png]
[Image: LiveJournalSignature.jpg]

Last.fm | Call me Pro

Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChallenge HostTutorial WriterFeedbackerSending LoveBeing BraveSocial ButterflyDonatorPhotographer of the WeekAd ManLS Extra StafferChild FriendlySmall QuartersTime TravellerBirthday WisherAnd unicornsEA are you kidding?
Eronoel- Thanks for the link. This one looks quite complicated for me atm. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Sun
Received Awards:
HoarderWCIF MasterLlama DesignerSending LoveDesign StylerRetired ModeratorDeck the HallsCopy Cat
Aha! I love Electic style Heart *though most of you know that*

Thank-you for the link Eronel, nice site!

I've already posted this picture somewhere on the forum, but I hope it's ok to post it here too;
[Image: 3zgiF.png]

[Image: screenshot160k.png]
It's all about the scabs, guns and peanut butter
Received Awards:
Challenge HostPrize DonatorHoarderFeedbackerSocial ButterflyTreasure HunterBeing BraveBirthday WisherDesign StylerSending LoveRetired StafferRetired ModeratorNew FriendSound of Music
Heart 
Yay this is my favorite style! Those rooms are just beautiful!

Mac - One silly WCIF, where did you find the floral pattern you used for the banner in the top right corner? It's so pretty! I must make it into a TS3 pattern or something Smile
♥ My Blog (updated!) - TS3 Tech Help - TS3 Photographer ♥
Received Awards:
Contest WinnerVery helpfulBirthday WisherNew FriendTreasure HunterGreat GardenerDeck the Halls
I'm not sure how eclectic this is, but I did use some antique and contemporary furniture. I got the idea from Architectural Digest.

[Image: screenshot806.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The hallway leading into the living room.

[Image: screenshot811v.jpg]

[Image: screenshot812.jpg]

[Image: screenshot813.jpg]

[Image: SimGirl54.png]
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterDesign StylerTime TravellerChallenge RocketeerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Color LoverOn a Platter
I found the pattern on deviant art - under stock images somewhere. If you want I can pm it to you.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Heart 
(05-08-2011, 04:13 PM)macthekat Wrote: I found the pattern on deviant art - under stock images somewhere. If you want I can pm it to you.

If you could do that, I'd be very grateful Smile It's too pretty not to make anything with it.
♥ My Blog (updated!) - TS3 Tech Help - TS3 Photographer ♥
Received Awards:
Contest WinnerVery helpfulBirthday WisherNew FriendTreasure HunterGreat GardenerDeck the Halls
Simbabe54: I think your attempt is wonderful! I'm not sure yet of what Eclectic Style really is, but I would love to see more. Clap
Received Awards:
HoarderWCIF MasterLlama DesignerSending LoveDesign StylerRetired ModeratorDeck the HallsCopy Cat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mixing Styles Scandinavian: Gustavian style macthekat 1 2,659 04-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Last Post: ThatAtlasChick
  Modern Functionalism macthekat 2 3,487 08-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Last Post: macthekat
  Modern Scandinavian macthekat 3 3,998 08-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Last Post: macthekat