You have all be busy with the challenges and many of you have come quite a long way since you first started coming here. We thought it was time for a little friendly competition.
The contest will be about a family moving to the big city after a job change. The twin teens will take advantage of all the possibilities a big city provides as well. You will be decorating three rooms in three rounds in their big city apartment.
How will this work?
We start by building our apartments from the layout provided below. The flat should be a part of a bigger building and should be on at least the 2nd floor. There will be no application round. You will decorate one/two rooms each round.
After each round the judges will score the entries. We will eliminate half of the participants after each round. After round 3 the person with the highest score in that round wins.
The rounds will run from Thursday to Thursday, but the first round will be open longer.
There will be no extensions, if you don't make it, you don't make it.
Who can enter?
Anyone on the forum can enter! Sims 2 or Sims 3.
Staffers may enter, but their scores will not be counted in the final round, so they can not win this.
After each round the scores will be posted in the topic and the best half will go on.
You are of course welcome to use Heidy to ask for feedback in the topic. We will all try to give you feedback on your work.
What are we looking for?
- Taste: We are looking for rooms that takes the taste of the people into consideration and who will use the room into account.
- Realism: We are looking for realistic rooms, with attention to detail.
- Creativity: We are looking for creative rooms with interesting ideas.
- Photography: We are looking for well photographed rooms that looks really good in the pictures.
- Style: We are looking for designs that fit the required style for the round
- Requirements: Meeting the requirements of the round. Make sure you follow the rule and have all the required items.
- Post 5-10 pictures of the room. One picture has to be an overhead picture.
- Maximum 800 pixel wide pictures
- No borders, text, heavy manipulated or special effects on the pictures.
- No picture in picture
- No heavy editing of the pictures is allowed. You may make slight changes to contrast, light and sharpness of the pictures. You may not add lens flares and effects like that.
- The layout of the room, including door and window placement has to remain intact. You may not add walls in the room. Half walls and fences are allowed.
- You may edit your post until the deadline, but not after the deadline for that round.
- If you have a question, ask it!
Ankuuh, LemonJelly & Macthekat will be judging the contest.
Please do not ask where items are from in this topic, please use the special WCIF area for contests
If you can not continue, after entering, in the contest for some reason, please let us know.
The winner and the runner up will both be featured in the magazine in the first issue after the contest ends. The winner will also win a CC prize that will be announced soon. [We are looking for prizes]
The winner will get 250 points worth of items from the EA store