Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Small Quarters: 10x10 Challenge [closes 9th September]
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Small Quarters: 10x10 Challenge [closes 9th September]
Oh my! These are all so awesome!

I've been playing a lot of Portal 2 lately and I really wanted to make a home inspired by it. I took A LOT of pictures, so I am taking a cue from Protectron and adding links to additional photos below each photo.

I present to you the "The Home Of the Future . . . Today!":

In a future imagined by the not-so-distant past . . .
[Image: Screenshot.jpg]
there exists a fabulous pre-fab home just for you! Unfortunately, the nuclear fallout hasn't been so kind to our reception room.
Reception 1 Reception 2 Reception 3

But never fear, the bunker beneath is impervious to whatever man or nature may throw at it.
Overview of Level 1
A lovely, modern bedroom for the little ones.
[Image: Screenshot-25.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-24.jpg]
Bedroom 1

The bathroom features mirrors and metal for a very industrial feel.
[Image: Screenshot-6.jpg]
Bathroom 1

The kitchen and dining room is compact and clean.
[Image: Screenshot-32.jpg]
Kitchen 1

And the living room features seating for the whole family as well as a library of post-apocalyptic videos to establish yourself in your new world!
[Image: Screenshot-31.jpg]
Living 1

Overview of Level 2
The second level accommodates Mom and Dad in style with a spacious master bedroom and library!
[Image: Screenshot-2.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-16.jpg]
Bedroom 1 Library 1

As well as a private master bath.
[Image: Screenshot-11.jpg]
Bathroom 1 Bathroom 2

And finally, the most important room in the bunker!
[Image: Screenshot-13.jpg]
A fabulous indoor, underground oasis! The hum of the florescent lights will make it sound just like the real thing.
Outdoor 1

Thank you for viewing!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Aramourn for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveTreasure HunterSound of MusicSmall QuartersTake me Away
I loved that game, and I love this house! Amazing, I especially love the oasis and how you created artificial sunlight! Great job! Yes
[Image: prona.png]
[Image: LiveJournalSignature.jpg]

Last.fm | Call me Pro

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Protectron for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChallenge HostTutorial WriterFeedbackerSending LoveBeing BraveSocial ButterflyDonatorPhotographer of the WeekAd ManLS Extra StafferChild FriendlySmall QuartersTime TravellerBirthday WisherAnd unicornsEA are you kidding?
Aramourn - Wow! I'm not even disturbed by the fact it is all underground. What a wonderful job on decorating, lighting, and the color palette.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to KatCat for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterProofreaderNew FriendSending LoveBeing BraveLS Extra StafferSmall QuartersBirthday WisherFeedbackerOrganizerEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyWriterChallenge HostStir CrazyCarebearSilver StafferJudgecornWCIF MasterMini MeTech SuportThank MachineRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor LoverRaised from the Dead
Wow, Aramourn! This is very very cool! I really like the lighting, love the 7th picture, the library one! I love the underground oasis too! Are those vines?
[Image: sig_lylim.jpg][Image: lylim.png] [Image: potw.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to lylim6 for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSending LoveGreat GardenerPhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersDorm CrazyTake me AwayTime TravellerBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerAnd unicornsDeck the HallsCopy CatTreasure HunterBased in FictionEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthFeaturedColor Lover
Lylim, Thank You!

Yes they are vines, an EA item but I can't recall from where.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Aramourn for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveTreasure HunterSound of MusicSmall QuartersTake me Away
My goodness this is like a hotbed for some of the most creative designing I've seen on this forum yet! Each house is so different, but so so amazing.

Una - I love your little Japanese inspired house! It's just about the cutest thing ever! All of the red accents are so fitting, and overall the whole thing has such a great feel to it. I love how while there are a lot of little decorations it doesn't feel cluttered or messy. It's so great!
KatCat - I adore adore adore how the house gets smaller and smaller the higher you get. It makes for a really interesting building and great use of the tiny space! You also can't help but appreciate the ceilings like someone else pointed out - they're impeccable!
Kem - Your house is like one out of a storybook, down to every last detail it's so fitting of a grandmother's house! I kind of feel like the little red riding hood should been traipsing through the forest to get to this house. Plus the fact that you did the whole thing with only EA custom content it amazing to me.
LJ - Your house is the coziest! It reminds me of a little place that you'd find in the Poconos or something! I especially love the little kitchen area with the bird cage details. And the tiny little window seat nook is to die for!
Hanita - I love this build, it's mid-century perfection! I especially love how the balcony hangs over the entry way, it's really awesome! I also happen to love all of the posters you used, it makes the home feel lived in, and like the person living in it has a distinct personality! (And also great music taste, heh.) Also kudos on using regular stairs.
Saprophyte - Holy crap. This looks like something you'd find in architectural digest! One of my favourite features was the bathroom, I loved that you chose to make it large in such a small space! However my absolute favourite thing about the house is tied, firstly between the lights above the table, which reminds me of this picture - a design I've admired for awhile, now. (Did you place each of those lights one by one?) And between the taxidermy above the bed. I have been looking for taxidermy for awhile now. I think I'm going to have to start a WCIF post and just circle everything in the pictures!
Pro - This is just about one of the cutest houses ever! It reminds me of this tiny little sims 2 house that I had and loved to death. The entry way with the table and bar stools is amazing, but I think that the kitchen has to just about be one of the best things ever! And finally the TV on the fireplace is just really great!
Aramourn - This is possible one of the most creative builds I've ever seen! I know you said you got your inspiration from Portal 2, but I doubt that if I played that game for 20 hours straight that I would've ever thought to build an underground bunker. I love the clean efficient lines, the overall feel, but most of all the artificial sunlight. It's a well executed genius idea!
[+] 3 users say Thank You to rachelindsey for this post
Received Awards:
Sending LoveBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterSound of MusicChallenge CrazyColor Lover
I'm pretty sure they came with the set EA released about a year ago that came with the wind thingies, the solar panels, and other 'green' stuff. They released a similar one this year, that's exactly the same it's just been recoloured. I'll see if I can find you a link, Lylim.
Story Teller
Essay Writer
Spell Checker
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherNew FriendBeing BraveBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterSending LoveChatty CathyBeginner BuildersLlama DesignerFeedbackerChallenge HostSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3
It's ok amyynayy, I'll just make a wcif thread Smile Thank you!

I have a question, "Since you need to be able to live on the lot" means it's playable, right? I'm quite slow Smile
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSending LoveGreat GardenerPhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersDorm CrazyTake me AwayTime TravellerBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerAnd unicornsDeck the HallsCopy CatTreasure HunterBased in FictionEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthFeaturedColor Lover
Saprophyte - This is a very masculine space, I've always liked the idea of shipping container housing; quite environmental and I love the roll-away office.

Protectron - While I love every room on the inside I absolutely adore the outside. The details are everything, I loved it all.

Aramourn - Now we're talking! I love everyone's houses so far but this is what I was hoping to see when I thought of this challenge, definitely thinking outside of the box.
This is beautifully reminiscent of the game and while the pallet is very limited you used enough textures to create interest. I just have one question; where is the cake?

lylim6 - No it doesn't need to be playable, it just needs to include the listed items, being able to "live" there in theory.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to mrmiss for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
I decided to do a treehouse/deck for this challenge Smile I tried my best to take good pictures but this is the best I can do. I think it looks ok.. Hope you like it!

[Image: Screenshot-4.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-9.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-8.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-6.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-7.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-4.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-10.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-72.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-62.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-5.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-42.jpg]

It may not look like it, but I promise, all requirements are there! Smile The bathroom is on the ground level
[+] 3 users say Thank You to lylim6 for this post
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila