Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Small Quarters: 10x10 Challenge [closes 9th September]
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Small Quarters: 10x10 Challenge [closes 9th September]
That sound like just the way to do it Natalie
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
@ NinjaUnicorn - Your 10x10 just blew me away. Like my jaw dropped, my eyes popped, and I leaned up really close to the screen so I could take every little detail in. Wow. Just wow. I want to hug it. lol. Thanks for posting - very inspirational!
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekBirthday WisherNew FriendSmall QuartersSound of MusicDorm CrazyChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckSending LovePet PersonColor Lover
My 10x10 "Beach house" Though it's not located directly on a beach, the beach is only a walk away! I call it a beach house because the colors/style are inspired by that. I decided that having just one sim live in such a small space would be boring! I love decorating kids rooms, so I decided to do a single mother and her toddler... here is their house:

Overview of the entire house ( 4 stories, 10x10 ) :

[Image: 10X10beachhouse.jpg]

Below, you see the front door... so that is the little entry-way:

[Image: 10x10Entrance1.jpg]

This is an overview of the entire first floor, which has the entry-way shown above, a dining room to the side of the that and through the walkway is the kitchen! (I will add a link at the bottom of my 10 pictures so you can see many more additional pictures.. close-ups, full views, etc.)

[Image: 10x10FirstFloor.jpg]

Below, is the 2nd floor... living room/playroom, full bathroom and a small balcony leading out from the living room. (balcony has an easel for painting)... This isn't the greatest picture but since I can only show 10, I'm trying to show the whole overview. See link for more pics at the end!

[Image: 10x10overviewofsecondfloor.jpg]

I absolutely loved how my bathroom turned out so here is a closer picture of it...

[Image: 10x10bathroomview3.jpg]

Up to the 3rd floor..... where we have the mom's bedroom, toddlers bedroom, laundry room and a small desk with computer and a bookshelf beside it... plenty for the Sims to entertain themselves...

[Image: 10x10thirdflooroverviewofbedroomandhall.jpg]

Closer view of the toddlers room (since it's cut out in above pic):

[Image: 10x10toddlerbedroomoverview1.jpg]

And a view of the laundry room (the hamper that you can only see the top of is actually a working hamper too, and has shelves with laundry detergent and such on it...which you can see all that in the link at the bottom for more pics)...

[Image: 10x103rdfloorlaundryroomview1.jpg]

And to the top we go.... on the fourth floor is an in-home beauty salon! So the single mom can work from home =) .. I really wanted to show another view of this because I love how it turned out (shown in more pics though).. there's a sink with the chair for shampooing hair (obviously only for decor because they don't have that action but it looks very realistic)

[Image: 2cff3tc.jpg]

And lastly.. here is a view of the 4th floor deck and the 2nd floor deck below is also shown.. The fourth floor deck has a hammock, telescope, firepit, grill, and plenty of seating.

[Image: 24o9dw9.jpg]

.....See many more photo's here: http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h434...Challenge/

And at the end of this challenge, I just have to say I am amazed at how much you can fit into a 10x10 space! I know I built high, but even on a single floor, I would have never imagined fitting multiple rooms on such a small 10x10 area! I usually build large and modern... but I actually love the coziness to the smallness.

Thanks for the challenge!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Natalie for this post
Received Awards:
Small Quarters
Natalie - First of all, welcome; I feel honored that my challenge was you first entry here. Blush

I love the asymmetry of your exterior, it gives a lot of visual interest to your design. I love the colors that you have used, inside and out, they practically scream no, whisper beach. (No screaming at the beach) giggle Your overall layout is clean and modern (you can tell that is your usual style) and I know exactly what you mean about there being more room than expected. I did three stories with a basement and found myself filling space. Smile

You didn't include Heidy Heidy the comment squirrel but I would like to give a little bit of advice if you don't mind. When I wrote the requirements for this challenge I anticipated that there may be a lot of multi story buildings and I made an overview (which is usually required) optional. I like overview pictures because it can help orient you in the space, but a few more eye level shots would have been nice to get actual feel for the space (you have some nice ones in your album, so I know you can do them.), and you could include the overviews in your album.
The other thing is something that a lot of people (including myself) have a problem with when first starting out. The glow that happens when something light colored is in the picture; there are a couple of ways to deal with this, first is to get rid of some lights (or lower the intensity of the one's you have) the second is to change the color of the lights you have to flame (or a similar custom color). You can adjust the lights by clicking on them in live mode or by pressing Ctrl+Shift and then clicking the light in buy/build mode.

I hope these tips help you, someone helped me in a similar way the first time I posted and it really did help. Smile

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
This is a nice challenge and you all did a fantastic job. It´s amazing how big a 10 x 10 can be. ^^

I started to work on that challenge too but deleted the saved game by mistake. I was nearly done, just some small things missing (bathroom is kinda empty Thinking), but as I had some pics and stuff, I will post anyway.

Outside

[Image: 10x101.jpg]

[Image: 10x109.jpg]

Floorplans

[Image: 10x103.jpg]

[Image: 10x102.jpg]

Interior

[Image: 10x104.jpg]

[Image: 10x105.jpg]

[Image: 10x106.jpg]

[Image: 10x107.jpg]

The naked bathroom Sadsmile

[Image: 10x108.jpg]

Heidy

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Karinilla for this post
Received Awards:
Challenge HostSending LoveNew FriendBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterDorm CrazySmall QuartersBased in FictionAnd unicornsCopy Cat
@Karinilla - I really love the outside of your house. I think the wood/stone combo looks really yummy and inviting. The design is also just excellent. I also love that tealy color that you used throughout - it is bright and happy without requiring sunglasses. I also love your use of different woods inside. I am sorry you lost your game save, because this is really beautiful!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Keely for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekBirthday WisherNew FriendSmall QuartersSound of MusicDorm CrazyChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckSending LovePet PersonColor Lover
Thx Keely Smile
Lol, the advantage of small lots ... when you loose them you can rebuild them quite quickly. But I am very very lazy, so probably not. ^^
Received Awards:
Challenge HostSending LoveNew FriendBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterDorm CrazySmall QuartersBased in FictionAnd unicornsCopy Cat
Karinilla can I just say I love the kitchen backsplash. Your house is spectacular but I think my favorite part is def the backsplash!

* edited because I spelled something wrong.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Rayne for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterNew FriendBeing BraveSmall QuartersDorm CrazyI DoAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyAnd unicorns
Karinilla - I'm not feeling very talkative. I'll just say I like your house, especially the textures you used.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mrmiss for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Alright, this is my first challenge entry but I think it did it right. Let me know if the pictures are too small, they're my usual size but I have the originals if you'd prefer something larger.

This house started off looking very orange-brown on the outside and after much deliberation, I went with white because I love white windows and doors, haha. To give myself more of a challenge, I limited myself to one floor; I figured it might be fun to try to fit in all of the essentials. As I was building it, I was coming up with a backstory for the items in the house and later on I created a Sim to suit the house. I imagined a man from perhaps France living here, one who loves to travel the world (despite my lack of WA) and resides here between trips. Clutter is kept to a minimum due to the open living space but he doesn't mind; he's usually either exploring the town, enjoying a book or dining al fresco. I didn't imagine him as a one to need any electronic entertainment such as a computer or a television so I settled for a bookcase. He's definitely not a technophobe but he prefers the simpler things in life, which is also why he prefers to travel by bicycle rather than car (that and there was no way I was fitting a driveway on this lot). Maybe I should stop rambling now and get onto the pictures, haha.

[Image: lx4IU.png]

[Image: d4Kpr.png]

[Image: DPlNS.png]

[Image: abwTT.png]

[Image: mCSXn.png]

[Image: HmOGD.png]

[Image: QiiJl.png]

Lovely entries everyone Smile I've been admiring them, and feeling slightly intimidated because my decorating style is pretty simple, but mostly just admiring the creativity and attention to detail, hehe.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Lizbeth for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendLlama DesignerSmall QuartersBeginner's Luck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila