Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Small Quarters: 10x10 Challenge [closes 9th September]
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Small Quarters: 10x10 Challenge [closes 9th September]
mrmiss :

You're advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you! I actually do always have issues with the lighting and am so bothered by it. I always go to night mode when placing my lighting to make sure there is sufficient lighting but I hate when there is the bright glow on things and blocks them out... I knew you could change the intensity in game but not in buy mode, so great, that's a lot of help and I will most definitely play around with it! And yes, being new, after posting my pictures I noticed many other people doing close-ups from inside, but I really wanted to show the entire floor/house so I did a lot of overview shots in choosing my 10 photos, but for now on, I will indeed just keep them in the album and choose some of my better close-up/detailed photos.

Thanks so much for the challenge and your feedback =)
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Natalie for this post
Received Awards:
Small Quarters
Lizbeth - This is a very nice little, I want to call it a cabana, even though it's not at the beach. I like the simplicity of the layout and the lack of unneeded clutter. (Something I can never achieve IRL giggle ) The laundry cart and the kitchen organizer are just the right touch to make this seem realistic. Well done.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Hey there.
Whenever I saw or heard of someone doing a 10x10, I would immediately shy away and think "I could never do that - no way could I pull that off." But after going through this thread, I was struck, not only by the incredible talent here, but also the bravery of the artists who put their stuff out there for us to see. So I finally decided that I would be pretty foolish if I didn't at least give this a try. So after several days of headdesking, asking my annoyed husband for opinions, and a serious cramp in my neck, I am pleased to finally sign off on this project.

The concept I came up with was an upscale modern townhome - I imagine this little lot in a community with multiple houses of similar build/style. I built this with my designer sim in mind: she is young, single, artsy, and eclectic.

Heidy <-- As I am a new simmer and designer, feedback, comments and suggestions for improvement would make my day.

Exterior:
[Image: exterior1.jpg]

Floor Plans:
Ground || 2nd || 3rd || Basement

Living/Dining:
[Image: main4.jpg]

[Image: main2.jpg]

Bed/Bath
[Image: bedroom2.jpg]

[Image: bath3.jpg]

Study
[Image: study2.jpg]

[Image: study6.jpg]

Basement
When constructing the frame of this house, I decided, on a whim, to throw down a basement with the intent of making a little tiny laundry room. Pfft. I should have known better. My little laundry room turned into a full-scale party room. I know "beach" has been done to death, but this was my first go with it and I found it fun.

[Image: basement1.jpg]

[Image: basement3.jpg]

...And oodles more pictures in the album.

Many thanks to all the programmers and designers who spend the time to make stuff for me to play with. Also a shout out to LemonJelly, Saprophyte, Breila & Annyway for help in locating beach stuff, photography advice, and words of encouragement when I wanted to throw my computer out the window.

Thanks for looking! bye
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Keely for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekBirthday WisherNew FriendSmall QuartersSound of MusicDorm CrazyChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckSending LovePet PersonColor Lover
Lizbeth - Your house is cute. And I like places like yours with not much clutter. Wink

Keely - This is gorgeous. I love love the hottub. All looks very comfy and inviting. It's a perfect place to spent some quality time apart from the noise of the city. SmileYes
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Karinilla for this post
Received Awards:
Challenge HostSending LoveNew FriendBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterDorm CrazySmall QuartersBased in FictionAnd unicornsCopy Cat
This is my first challenge as well. It's a little intimidating to look at all the previous entries. But I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go. Probably gonna chip a tooth on that bullet.

I'm open to any feedback and here's a squirrel to prove that: Heidy I'm not thrilled with my pics. Definitely need to work on that. Plus the building really is just a box as my building skills are non existent. But I'm justifying the box shape by making it an urban home in the industrial area of town for my P.I.

Also, I'm restarting my downloads, so I'm still looking for a few items I wanted for this place. But I wanted to make sure I entered before it closed. Figured it was done enough and I could add a few more touches later just for me. Enough excuses and on to the pics.

Overview of first floor
[Image: 10x10Pic1.jpg]

Looking from desk towards front door/waiting area
[Image: 10x10Pic5.jpg]

Investigative Board
[Image: 10x10Pic3.jpg]

Desk
[Image: 10x10Pic4.jpg]

Upstairs bedroom area
[Image: 10x10Pic7.jpg]

Looking from bedroom towards kitchen
[Image: 10x10Pic6.jpg]

Seating area
[Image: 10x10Pic8.jpg]

Dining
[Image: 10x10Pic9.jpg]

Darkroom (still looking for some hanging photos for the wall)
[Image: 10x10Pic9a.jpg]

Bathroom
[Image: 10x10Pic9b.jpg]

Keely, I love the exterior of your house. It's fantastic. The whole home is lovely, but the exterior just makes me a jealous, drooling fan.

Lizbeth, I'm glad you went with the white. And I'm not just saying that because I dislike the color orange. It looks great to me. And the house seems so roomy for a 10 x 10 lot. Great job.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Scout for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendSmall QuartersTreasure HunterSound of Music
@Karinilla - thank you for the compliment. I honestly wasn't sure if I just went way overboard with the hottub thing, but I was trying to find an interesting way to define the space.

@Scout - thank you so much. Your compliment made me blush. Now I really wanna know how you make brick look so cool - I have tried and tried and I think my results are silly. You made it look awesome. I also really love the green touches against the wood and brick. I also think you made great use of the clutter. And this may sound silly - but I love the hat. Combined with the pin-up girl poster it totally gave the room a look. Once more, your place looks a lot bigger than just 10x10 (everyone's does....how do you guys do that?! lol). High five!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Keely for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekBirthday WisherNew FriendSmall QuartersSound of MusicDorm CrazyChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckSending LovePet PersonColor Lover
Keely - I love everything about this little gem. The outside is spectacular, the colors are warm and inviting, and I adore the tile you used in the kitchen. Brilliant.

Scout - The whole private dick thing you got going on here is so cool; and you pulled it off beautifully. The hat, the clue bulletin board, the darkroom, and the "dogs playing poker" are all nice touches. I especially like the grubbiness and the time of day; the lighting is spot on. Nice!

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

[+] 2 users say Thank You to mrmiss for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Heart 
All the entrys are very good, some ones are amazing! (:

This is my very first challenge! and I'm not as good like I want it to be Sadsmile, so tell me in want I do wrong or in what I could be better please Itwasntme all the reviews are very welcomed, hope you like it! Blush

House |Overview 1 | Overview 2
[Image: patio.png]

[Image: escaleras.png]

[Image: cocina.png]

[Image: comedor.png]

[Image: sala.png]

[Image: pasillo.png]

[Image: estudio.png]

[Image: recamara.png]

[Image: bano.png]

[Image: balcon.png]
... because L O V E is the M O S T valuable thing in L I F E !
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Karlha for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendSmall Quarters
Karlha, omg! I think this is gorgeous! I love your use of bold patterns and your clutter items! That wall stencil in the office is adorable - nice contrast to the concrete wall. Honestly, I am not sure why you are not happy with it because I think it is lovely.
Received Awards:
Karlha - I have to agree with Keely, I'm not sure why you would be unhappy with this. I especially like the little outdoor area with the fountain and the balcony with the art, both look so very relaxing. Your colors are very nicely balanced, and your use of pattern is enough to add interest without overwhelming the small space. This is so well done I find it hard to believe it's your first.

The only piece of advice that I can add is, try not to type in the dark as you will have trouble seeing what is being written; no, wait, that's that problem I am having. Blush Never mind. Smile

Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila