A young couple bought a house in the suburbs. During her pregnancy with triplets she asked her parents to move in with the couple. The pregnancy passed and she gave birth to triplets. The parents stayed in the house and the whole extended family now lives together.
Readers, they need your help to decorate the rooms!
How will this work?
- The contest will take place in 4 rounds, for each round we ask you to decorate 1 or 2 rooms.
- We provide you a house for both games. You can download it or recreate the layout in your game.
- There will be no application round, you enter directly in the 1st round.
- After each round the judges will score the entries. We will eliminate half of the participants after each round. After round 4 the person with the highest score in that round wins.
- Scores are not accumulative. You will be scored for each round separately.
- The rounds will run from Tuesday to Tuesday, but the first round will be open longer.
- Each round will be posted in a separate topic and the entries for that round should be posted in that topic. This topic is for general announcements and questions about the contest in general.
- After each round the scores will be posted in the this topic and in the round topic. The best half will go on to the next round.
Who can enter?
Anyone on the forum can enter! Sims 2 or Sims 3.
Staffers may enter, but their scores will not be counted in the final round, so they can not win this.
You are of course welcome to use Heidy to ask for feedback in the topic. We will all try to give you feedback on your work.
What are we looking for?
- Taste: We are looking for rooms that takes the taste of the people into consideration and who will use the room into account.
- Realism: We are looking for realistic rooms, with attention to detail.
- Creativity: We are looking for creative rooms with interesting ideas.
- Photography: We are looking for well photographed rooms that looks really good in the pictures.
- Style: We are looking for designs that fit the required style for the round
- Requirements: Meeting the requirements of the round. Make sure you follow the rule and have all the required items.
- Post 5-10 pictures of the room. One picture has to be an overhead picture.
- Maximum 800 pixel wide pictures
- No borders, text, heavy manipulated or special effects on the pictures.
- No picture in picture
- No heavy editing of the pictures is allowed. You may make slight changes to contrast, light and sharpness of the pictures. You may not add lens flares and effects like that.
- The layout of the room, including door and window placement has to remain intact.
- You may not add walls in the room. Half walls and fences are allowed. Objects that look like walls and are full wall hight are not allowed.
- You may change the doors/windows/walls/floors.
2/3 windows/doors may be changed into double/triple windows/doors.
- Required items have to be visible in at least 1 picture.
- You may edit your post until the deadline, but not after the deadline for that round.
- If you have a question, ask it in this topic!
If you can not continue, after entering, in the contest for some reason, please let us know.
There will be no extensions and no exceptions, if you don't make it, you don't make it! No whining or pleading will be tolerated.
Ankuuh, LemonJelly, Sebausten & Macthekat will be judging the contest.
Sebausten will act as a host while I am out of town.
Please do not ask where items are from in this topic, please use the special WCIF area for contests
The winner and the runner up will both be featured in the magazine in the first issue after the contest ends.
The winner will get 250 points worth of items from the EA store
[We are looking for prizes]
Sixtyten from Awesims is donating a this prize. Thank you Sixtyten!
Ninja Unicorn has donated this really cool painting set to the contest. Thank you!
And for the sims2 players we have this pp!
*To receive the participation price: You must do 4 rooms for contest OR 4 rooms in Just for fun OR you do 4 rooms, some in contest, some in Just for fun.
If you drop out you will not receive it.
Note that the prizes will be handed over when the contest is over which means after the 9th, August.