Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Triple Trouble: Round 2 [Closed - Results published]
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Triple Trouble: Round 2 [Closed - Results published]
lylim: Oooooohhhooooo. So very shabby chic and beachy and amazing and and and. I love all your stuff, but you already knew that :]

Rubika: I really like how family oriented your room is, and how you explained your use of slipcovers on the couches! Nicely done.
[Image: MarchPOTM.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to admiralxapple for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSmall QuartersCopy CatPet PersonBased in FictionPhotographer of the MonthChild FriendlyWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?Featured
Congrats to all who made it to the 2nd round. Clap

Here is my entry. I must say that it is not half as good as all of the above entries, they are all very very lovely rooms, well done guys and girls. The judges are going to have a hard time again giggle Sorry judges Smile

[Image: Overview1.jpg]

[Image: Shot4.jpg]

[Image: Shot2.jpg]

[Image: Shot1.jpg]

[Image: Shot5.jpg]

[Image: Shot7.jpg]

[Image: Shot10.jpg]

[Image: Shot14.jpg]

[Image: Shot13.jpg]

[Image: Shot16.jpg]

bye
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
Oumamea: I like the modern touches in your room. And your seating area looks definitely big enough for the whole family.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to neoscat for this post
Received Awards:
ProofreaderNew FriendTreasure HunterStorytellerBeginner's LuckBeing BraveSmall QuartersFeedbackerColor Lover
Mea : Mmmm! Love the seating area and the wicker. You've used such a lovely color scheme. I am such a fan of your style! Heart
[Image: 2gui1yh.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Deelightful for this post
Received Awards:
Retired StafferTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckNew FriendHoarderChallenge RocketeerSending LovePrize DonatorSocial ButterflyBeing BraveColor LoverChatty CathyStorytellerBeginner BuildersStir CrazyParty AnimalGreat GardenerChallenge HostPhotographer of the WeekDonatorFeedbackerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlyTake me AwayBirthday WisherWCIF MasterCarebearRetired ModeratorCopy CatWriterProofreader
oumamea: I really like how you set up the couch, and your use of wicker. Awesome job :]

Overview (As you can see, there is actually seating for 11):
[Image: Screenshot-726.jpg]

When you first walk in through the archway by the front door:
[Image: Screenshot-728.jpg]

The kid area:
[Image: Screenshot-719.jpg]

Rachel didn't want to sacrifice her living room to her children, so she set up an area for the kids. The bins are filled with toys, and they even have a extra-special play nook under the stairs. Notice all the toys that their eccentric granddaddy made for them.
[Image: Screenshot-720.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-724.jpg]

Across from the kid area:
[Image: Screenshot-722.jpg]

Random shots around the room:
Despite Rachel's best efforts, toys still end up on the coffee table.
[Image: Screenshot-727.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-716.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-717.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-721.jpg]

I'm really quite proud of this room, but I always appreciate constructive criticism Heidy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to admiralxapple for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSmall QuartersCopy CatPet PersonBased in FictionPhotographer of the MonthChild FriendlyWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?Featured
What seb said! The room is very lovely, so you can be proud. Love the details like the scattered toys & all the lovely wall decorations.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to neoscat for this post
Received Awards:
ProofreaderNew FriendTreasure HunterStorytellerBeginner's LuckBeing BraveSmall QuartersFeedbackerColor Lover
Absolutely beautiful! You can totally be proud!
[Image: 2gui1yh.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Deelightful for this post
Received Awards:
Retired StafferTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckNew FriendHoarderChallenge RocketeerSending LovePrize DonatorSocial ButterflyBeing BraveColor LoverChatty CathyStorytellerBeginner BuildersStir CrazyParty AnimalGreat GardenerChallenge HostPhotographer of the WeekDonatorFeedbackerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlyTake me AwayBirthday WisherWCIF MasterCarebearRetired ModeratorCopy CatWriterProofreader
On the right of the archway into the family room is a sofa over which Michael and his father in law built a bookshelf, with a ladder going up to it, so that the children would be able to reach the books when they were older. On the wall nearby was a fish shaped mirror, and behind the ladder Michael had hung an old guitar that he'd used at college.

[Image: Screenshot-18.jpg]

On the other side of the archway was the games area, where there was a puzzle out on the table, along with a pile of commonly used board games. Other board games were put away in the cupboards under the stairs, and the shelves under the stairs were full of knick knacks, from old children's toys to a incense burner that Rachel had found in a charity shop, which was in the shape of a man, looked like the man was smoking. She didn't like smoking, but it always made her laugh. There was also a lovely lamp which was in the shape of a lighthouse.

[Image: Screenshot.jpg]

And a closer view of the floor area, including a robot that Ned had found that he's send against the pirate ship and crab on the other side of his wicker chair, when he played with his namesake. There was a chalkboard attached to the wall in an attempt to get the children not to draw over the rest of the walls. Didn't always work, but sometimes it did!

[Image: Screenshot-22.jpg]

Going up the stairs the toddlers had left a couple of toys going up the stairs, and there was a clock near the top, while further down three hand-made material hearts were hanging, in the triplets favourite colours, the patterns and colours matching each other, showing the triplets connection to each other. Rachel had come up with the idea, and had made the hearts on their third birthday.

[Image: Screenshot-24.jpg]

Opposite the stairs were a couple of comfy chairs, a doll's house, plus some furniture out of the house. The window sill was covered in shells and trinkets, including a sailing ship model that Ned had made years ago. Tucked away behind one of the chairs was a working guitar for when little Johanna grew older. There were a couple of photos of the beach hanging on the wall, that Carol had taken while exploring the area.

[Image: Screenshot-16.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-23.jpg]

The TV area was next to these comfy chairs, with more knick-knacks, as well as a vintage radio and vintage rotary dial phone, which Carol and Ned had brought with them from their old home. Michael's beloved x box was next to the TV, while his games were put away in the cupboard along with various DVDs. A miniature clock was hanging at the front of the sideboard, as well as a pile of cookies, and a miniature toy guitar was standing in front, for Johanna to show off with. A life buoy that Ned had picked up at the docks was hanging on the wall behind the TV, which Rachel and Michael really loved.

That corner of the room also had a toybox, as well as a rocking moose, which was Johanna's, who tended to get a bit worked up if she wasn't in that room with everybody, it was always really difficult to get her settled down, and she tended to be better behaved when downstairs. Edward and Katherine had similar rocking mooses in the nursery, with patterns on their moose, rather than plain wood. They had been made for them by Ned, in an extremely silly mood when he said that all children should have rocking horses, except that rocking horses were over done, time for new animals! There was also a plain wicker toybox and a floor lamp that Rachel made, having been inspired by a shell she'd seen on the beach when they first moved in to the lighthouse. On the wall were a few photos that Michael had taken, as well as a painting of fish that had been spotted in a charity shop, that Rachel had fallen in love with.

[Image: Screenshot-17.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-19.jpg]

Opposite the was a three seater white wicker sofa, with dark blue cushions, which also had a few extra pillows just in case. Behind the sofa was a activity table for the triplets to paint at, and leaning against the side of the bookcase was Michael's old surfboard that he'd bought off his sister when he was about 18, which he was hoping to be able use again now that they lived near the sea. You can also just about see the computer desk in the hallway (pictures of the hall are in the album, which I'll add the link to. Smile )

[Image: Screenshot-21.jpg]

Finally, an over view, and the link to the album for five other pictures, of the hallway (I carried on the coastal theme, I think, and kinda like how it turned out! :D)

[Image: Screenshot-14.jpg]

Round 2 album

Heidy please, this has had me really worked up! Inlove
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
Breila, your room is so homey and cute. Your color scheme is very nice with the sandy browns, creams, and your blue tones. Very beachy! I think it's really cute that you were able to catch the family in action in the room, which makes the pictures seem more personal.
Received Awards:
Oh wow there are some lovely rooms already posted.

Pro - very elegant and sophisticated.

Baufive - You very much avoided the New England coastal look, I can see this living room in a house on the coast of Cornwall with its subtle, muted colourings and the overall a bit melancholic touch.

Dee - I love the walls ... and the pillows and the blonde wood furniture ... heck I love it so much, I wanna move in Smile

Lylim - Wonderful idea to use the used look to create that faded feeling of drift wood. Very bright and light.

Rubika - Love the walls (you'll know why when you see my entry LOL) This is really one elegant room with a lot of surprising and family-oriented clutter around.

Mea - I love the seafoamy-colouring ... very beachy in a very cool, elegant way Smile

Breila - I so had to laugh when I saw your entry, apart from the colour schemes, this looks just like the living room of a friend of mine with two toddlers. Lots of second and hand me down furniture while the kids are in their terrible twos to fours. She said, they will get a brand new living room furnishment once the kids are older and don't put their crayons to the test on the furniture Smile

Okay, now to my entry ... I went for the New England eclectic kind of look and hope I have succeeded.

Overview:
[Image: snapshot_00000009_7b363bc3.jpg]

coming in from the hall
[Image: snapshot_00000009_fb363ad6.jpg]

the reading corner where Carol can be found reading one of her favourite suspense novels in a quiet moment
[Image: snapshot_00000009_db363b7a.jpg]

When she is alone with her triplets, Rachel sometimes uses the stairs as a hold all ;-)
[Image: snapshot_00000009_fb363c4d.jpg]

Rachel loves the different styles of furniture, with the colours of robin's egg blue, seafoam green and light touches of sandy browns those old heirlooms and thrift finds have come to new life.
[Image: snapshot_00000009_1b363b88.jpg]

[Image: snapshot_00000009_1b363bf9.jpg]

the play corner for the triplets.
[Image: snapshot_00000009_fb363b57.jpg]

When they were paint shopping, Carol and Rachel couldn't decide whether to take the green or the blue paint for the walls, so after much thought, they decided to use both. Steve and Michael, being typically male, didn't notice it immediately. However, Michael did wonder, while painting the walls, why the paint had different shading but thought it was due to the different drying times ;-)

[Image: snapshot_00000009_9b363c9e.jpg]

[Image: snapshot_00000009_db363b26.jpg]

[+] 4 users say Thank You to Naitomea_Sims for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekNew FriendTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherDonatorSending LoveSmall QuartersTake me AwayTime TravellerChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerSound of MusicI DoDeck the HallsPet PersonCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Mini MeChild FriendlyGreat GardenerPhotographer of the MonthGreat ChefFeaturedRaised from the DeadOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 15,903 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 11,558 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up macthekat 40 17,240 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrmiss