Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Triple Trouble: Round 3 [Closed - Results published]
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Triple Trouble: Round 3 [Closed - Results published]
Okay I had a tough time with this but I managed to get something together, I hope I did it well!

[Image: Screenshot-1000.jpg]
The overview, I also decided to keep the rooms seperated as in years to come I'm sure Edward wouldn't want to share his room with girls, imagine all the girl germs he could pick up! And the girls definately wouldn't want a smelly boy in their room, their is a sliding door though to keep open for now and in the future for when they're all playing together.

[Image: Screenshot-992.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-996.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-998.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-1004.jpg]
As you can see I used green with orange accents for the colour scheme, incorporating the triplets favourite colours and also keeping a young, fresh vibe to the room.

[Image: Screenshot-995.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-999.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-993.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-1002.jpg]
There are lots of toys to keep the toddlers occupied and entertained ... Katherine will especially enjoy the paints, which are edible so the parents needn't worry!

[Image: Screenshot-1003.jpg]
Call me Kim Sun
Received Awards:
New FriendBirthday WisherStorytellerGreat GardenerTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersChallenge CrazyPhotographer of the WeekI DoEP MonsterColor Lover
Lylim Oh wonderful, it looks like a fantastic dream!

Dee The room is so playful, perfect for kids!

Kim It looks beautiful, your objects are always in the right place.

After about five failed attempts, here comes the sixth ... I did my best Worried

And Heidy very welcome!

[Image: screenshot3nbv.jpg]

[Image: screenshot38sb.jpg]

The princesses have their beds in a part of the room. It is mainly pink (because there are little princesses giggle ) and pastel green, because it is her favorite color.

[Image: screenshot45wq.jpg]

[Image: screenshot4sv.jpg]

[Image: screenshot6sr.jpg]

[Image: screenshot43p.jpg]

[Image: screenshot7rr.jpg]

[Image: screenshot13jc.jpg]

[Image: screenshot12nk.jpg]
The prince's bed is a bit of orange, because it's his favorite color.

[Image: screenshot32j.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Ninja Unicorn for this post
Received Awards:
HoarderWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterThank MachineBirthday WisherBeing BravePrize DonatorSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dorm CrazyDesign StylerLandscapes GalorePhotographer of the WeekCopy CatEA are you kidding?Color Lover
lylim: Very shabby and chic at the same time. I really love the whimsical feel of the play room, and the lighting in that last pic! It really makes the room warm and inviting.

Dee: Oooo, smart idea putting Edward in his own room. I also like how you gave everything a back story :]

Kim: I like your personal touches (the triplet's initials over their beds). And I loooove that overstuffed chair in Edward's room. It will be great for story time!

EDIT:
Oops, sorry Ninja I didn't see your entry! I love how all the cribs are different, because it adds to the shabby chic-ness (lol chic-ness) of the room. The wall-treatment is also very nice.

-----

Alright, I've been working on my entry off and on for the last few days. The color scheme I used is muted tones of the triplets favorite colors and a creamy white.

Michael was quite concerned when his wife informed him that she wanted a shabby chic nursery. "What about germs?" "What about splinters?!" After several weeks of heated debate (he is hot-headed after all), Michael gave Rachel the go ahead to decorate the nursery however she pleased, as long as everything was safe for the triplets.

Overview:
[Image: Screenshot-790.jpg]

The Bedroom:
Rachel and Carol were able to order three brand new cribs and a matching dresser//changing table at a local baby boutique. The owner informed the expectant mother that the "distressed wood" effect was attained using several layers of paint and was coated with a clear sealant... definitely safe for even the most destructive baby.
[Image: Screenshot-777.jpg]

Each of the triplets have a "sock" hippo that Nana Carol made for them before they were born.
[Image: Screenshot-778.jpg]

As is evident in the rest of the house, Rachel loves artwork. The wall art either came from Carol and Ned's home in Riverview, or was collected at various garage sales or antique shops.
[Image: Screenshot-785.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-784.jpg]

There are two slip-covered arm chairs in the triplets room for late night feedings or stories before bedtime.
[Image: Screenshot-787.jpg]

Since there is a minimal amount of wallpaper in the playroom, it will be easy to change it to a more masculine color for Edward when he gets older.
[Image: Screenshot-780.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-781.jpg]

Notice the sign Nana Carol made for her grandbabies. Each heart represents one of the triplets.
[Image: Screenshot-782.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-789.jpg]
Note about the walls: The texture on the white portion was created by dragging a dry paint brush over a layer of freshly applied paint.

As always constructive criticism is very much wanted. Heidy
[Image: MarchPOTM.jpg]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to admiralxapple for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSmall QuartersCopy CatPet PersonBased in FictionPhotographer of the MonthChild FriendlyWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?Featured
all the entries are just wonderful! Smile
... because L O V E is the M O S T valuable thing in L I F E !
Received Awards:
New FriendSmall Quarters
Well I've been sitting on these pics for a few days now thinking about the "shabby chic-ness" of them, but I don't really think I can do any better, lol, so I'm just going to go for it!

I went more for the "Chic" than the "Shabby", and used a combo of the girls favourite colour (green) & white, with touches of orange and blue. I wanted to make the space feel serene, calm, and happy! There's plenty of seating for story telling, and lots of space for playing and tons of storage for all those toys! You can tell the kids haven't been in there yet because it is *so* tidy, haha.

[Image: Nursery-9.jpg]

[Image: Nursery-1.jpg]

[Image: Nursery-2.jpg]

[Image: Nursery-3.jpg]

[Image: Nursery-4.jpg]

[Image: Nursery-5.jpg]

[Image: Nursery-6.jpg]

[Image: Nursery-7.jpg]

[Image: Nursery-8.jpg]
[Image: awesims-sig.jpg]
Received Awards:
Great GardenerFreelancerPhotographer of the WeekBeing BraveDonatorGold StafferSound of MusicWish FulfillerPrize DonatorMini MeLayouterSilver Staffer
Again, not a style within my comfort-zone. But I had to make the best of it because I made it through to round 3! Chair

Let's start with the 'girls department'. This room was basically for Katherina and Johanna only and is therefore adjusted to their taste, interests and talents. Each child got 1 or 2 of what I like to call 'Character Crates' (nice alliteration giggle ), crates that represent who they are. You might also be wondering why I used 'toddler-beds' and not cribs, I prefer to use these because in my opinion cribs are basically only for babies. This way they have a little freedom to move around when they wake up in the morning. (Don't worry all electrical sockets were placed out of reach.

In this case it's the virtuoso Johanna, she has instruments in her crate and a piano poster above her bed. Notice the use of green around here (her favorite color).
[Image: 1.jpg]
I made some funny shots from the children their point of view, a link to these pictures is provided under corresponding photos:Johanna's point of view.

And this is Katherine's corner, being an artistic, chaotic and neurotic little kid, she has quite a mess and lots of creativity.
[Image: 2.jpg]
Katherine's point of view.

The girl's door and mess.
[Image: 3.jpg]

Granny Carol loves to read a little bed time story and the girls love to listen to it, plenty of books are provided!
[Image: 4.jpg]

Due to the lack of changing tables in TS3, I of course had to improvise. I think it worked out quite well and realistic Smile
[Image: 5.jpg]

Edward's corner, being the eccentric, clumsy little guy he has a lot of mess and broken stuff. But his natural feeling for repairing and messing around with stuff (eccentric trait) often comes in hand! He made a lot of (useless?) stuff and thingies, and of course loves Lego and a story from grandma.
[Image: 6.jpg]
Edward's point of view.

Carol just started reading 'the Road to Oz' Edward loves the Tin Woodman and even made an attempt to create one himself!
[Image: 7.jpg]

A window view.
[Image: 8.jpg]

The tent, probably the most awesome place for a kid to play in, all three being quite the little rascals a lot of cushions were placed to prevent bruises (or crying kids, Ned can't stand that sound Bigsmile ).
[Image: 9.jpg]

And an overview:
[Image: Overview.jpg]
[Image: prona.png]
[Image: LiveJournalSignature.jpg]

Last.fm | Call me Pro

Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChallenge HostTutorial WriterFeedbackerSending LoveBeing BraveSocial ButterflyDonatorPhotographer of the WeekAd ManLS Extra StafferChild FriendlySmall QuartersTime TravellerBirthday WisherAnd unicornsEA are you kidding?
sixtyten: Everything is so soft, and this is definitely a nursery any mom would want for her babies. And I love (!!!) how you created the tray ceiling in the bedroom section. Very cool and original. Awesome job. :]

I'm sorry Pro, I just saw your entry! I love how you used the wall pieces and the circular windows. It definitely seems like you transformed an attic into a convincing, chic nursery space. The character crates are a really nice touch!
[Image: MarchPOTM.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to admiralxapple for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSmall QuartersCopy CatPet PersonBased in FictionPhotographer of the MonthChild FriendlyWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?Featured
Pssh, I don't even know why you were worried about that Pro! It's freaking awesome, it's so so cute, and fitting for them!

And the kids point of view shots are lovely, awesome extra there ;D
It's all about the scabs, guns and peanut butter
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Darkshines for this post
Received Awards:
Challenge HostPrize DonatorHoarderFeedbackerSocial ButterflyTreasure HunterBeing BraveBirthday WisherDesign StylerSending LoveRetired StafferRetired ModeratorNew FriendSound of Music
lylim6 - the netting in the nursery and open window invokes the image of a gentle ocean breeze flowing through the room. I love the mural wall!

Dee - I love the use of the patchwork pattern used throughout the rooms for cushions and chairs and the crocheted curtains. The little deco items are so cute.

kimjimbob - the shades of the colors green and orange you used are very soothing. I like the pocket doors in the middle and the wallpaper in the girls' room.

Ninja Unicorn - I like the mix of aged wood paneling and wallpaper and the little touches like the night light.

admiralxapple - the beams on the ceiling and all the wall art is very nice. I like what you did with the play area.

sixtyten - I really like the vaulted ceiling with the diamond wallpaper, the use of the wicker chest as a table and the mirror over the changing table. The wooden arch between the rooms is a lovely architectural touch to the space.

Pro - I love the use of the wall additions that makes the room seem part of the attic along with the big round window. The use of distinctly separate areas for each child is wonderful for a shared space. The tent in the play area really adds a touch of whimsy to the room.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to KatCat for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterProofreaderNew FriendSending LoveBeing BraveLS Extra StafferSmall QuartersBirthday WisherFeedbackerOrganizerEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyWriterChallenge HostStir CrazyCarebearSilver StafferJudgecornWCIF MasterMini MeTech SuportThank MachineRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor LoverRaised from the Dead
Everyone's entries look so wonderful and are chock-full of creative ideas! Wow. I'm truly honored to be among such company.

I had a tough time with this round. I struggled with making rooms that were shabby chic while still being kid-friendly and fairly gender-neutral. I ended up focusing more on the "vintage" aspect of the style, and imagined that before the triplets were born, Michael and Rachel went on a vintage hot air balloon ride. They found it to be a memorable combination of adventurous and romantic, and so decided to go with that theme for the children's playroom. Since the daytime sky is in the playroom, they went with a nighttime sky in the bedroom, so the kids would feel cozy and sleepy at bedtime.

[Image: contest023.jpg]

[Image: contest027.jpg]

[Image: contest024.jpg]

[Image: contest026.jpg]

[Image: contest028.jpg]

[Image: contest029.jpg]

[Image: contest033.jpg]

[Image: contest032.jpg]

[Image: contest030.jpg]

[Image: contest022.jpg]
Received Awards:
Great BuilderTreasure HunterSending LoveBeing BraveBirthday WisherDonatorTime TravellerClock RacerPhotographer of the WeekColor Lover

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 15,903 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 11,558 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up macthekat 40 17,240 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrmiss