Your Username
I wanted my name to be Blue as a child and I asked my parents to start calling me that. My mom wouldn't, 'real people have real names' was her reason, my dad would sometimes. Hopper because there was a dish network commercial on for the hopper when I was trying to choose a username at ModTheSims and just blue was already taken Bigsmile
Visit me on Tumblr @bluexsims
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter
Okay so I use ThatAtlasChick for one of my three email accounts but the story behind it is this:

In fourth grade my teacher, he started calling everyone by these weird nicknames. Around that time, I had discovered my love of History and Geography and how good I was at it (HISTORY NERDS UNITED!) so I was eventually given the name "Atlas" as in that book that you look up countries, facts about the world, etc. in.

I would have just used the nickname "Atlas" for that one email account (I use my pen name for the others and just about everything else as I am working on trilogy right now that will eventually kick off my writing career) but it was taken.

So that's how I ended up as ThatAtlasChick. I didn't want to put my pen name on anywhere other than a writing site or my books.

Hmm... I just wonder how macthecat chose her name.
Received Awards:
Being BraveTake me AwayCopy CatBirthday WisherStir CrazyFeedbackerEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSound of MusicSmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outChild FriendlyClock RacerTime TravellerI DoDorm CrazyHoliday SpiritGreat ChefOn a Platter
My username is kind of a twist on my real name, which is Sunniva. The name Sunniva means "gift of the sun" or something like that, and sun i called "sol" in Norwegian.
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?Small QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Child FriendlyColor LoverClock RacerTime TravellerFeaturedDorm CrazyOn a Platter
When i first had to think about a username (think it was for a Shooter) i decided to pick something that would reflect my love for irony and sarcasm.
And well MsIrony was kind of boring i thought so i ended up looking for synonyms for irony/sarcasm/ironicly and so on. And yeah i picked wry because i had never heard it before. And since then my username has always been and will always be MsWryBigsmile
Received Awards:
New FriendSmall QuartersTreasure HunterChild FriendlyBeing BraveEP MonsterCopy CatSending LoveFeaturedDorm CrazyBirthday Wisher
My username is Topkung3. It comes from my nickname Top
and kung is a misspelled of kun which follow the Japanese male name.
จินตนาการคือบ่อเกิดแห่งปัญญา
Imagination is an origin of Wisdom.Chair
Received Awards:
New FriendRaised from the Dead
So many cool stories here!
Mine is a bit silly. Once I created a selfsim trying to make her resemble the real me as close as possible looks-wise and personality-wise. However, then I decided to create an "alternative" version of myself just for fun, so I cloned my selfsim and made that clone a witch. Then, i changed her hair and skin to chalk-white, her eyes to red, and gave her a light grey dress with white accessories and boots. Then, I gave that witch an extremely evil personality to contrast with all this whiteness (white is usually seen as symbol of light, kindness, and anything nice, but not in this sim's case). When I needed to choose a username for my Blogger account and my ModTheSims account, i decided to pick WhiteWitch. So, now it is my nickname on all sims-related sites. However, ironically, I am not much into all that magic stuff and supernaturals, though I play with them once in a while.
And that witch kinda selfsim is on my avatar.
Received Awards:
New Friend
Mine is a REALLY weird story. So it went from Microteai to Sushicorn based on the idea of Flabliki saying how his username was formed (the first 2 things on your mind). But then, I came up with the idea that my name should be the reaction to my designs from people. That was the creation of saywhat! Itwasntme
[Image: july_zpsgvscurgk.png]

simblr @cultsims     tumblr @cultstockholm
Received Awards:
Ask a question for Bella, Dina or AndyNew FriendBirthday WisherDine outSound of MusicI DoCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthFeaturedSmall QuartersJudgecornOn a Platter
Just Little Queen stylized.Nothing to do with the Dutch child book.
I wanted to call me Simsophonique coming here as one of simblr but I was afraid of the lengh of it.
Sims + phonique because it's original and sound like a music group.
But as I am known in this community under Kweenie since I come in 2009 so I stayed with it.
Received Awards:
New FriendChild FriendlySmall QuartersCount Them: 1, 2, 3
Well, my name is Lea, obviously Rofl
Two years ago, I discovered Sandy's Website Around the Sims 3. I was so excited, because I didn't even know there was something like CC and social networks for sim-players! So I commented on Sandy's site and she soon started to call me sweet Itwasntme and that's my username-Story Bigsmile
PS: I love you, Sandy Inlove  giggle
Received Awards:
New FriendBirthday Wisher
Awesome all and cute, Lea!

I chose mine because before I became disabled, I was a nuclear/mechanical engineer. I did mechanical work on nuclear reactors.

Every day I'd bring waffles to eat. I'd cook them in the toaster, would sometimes eat them hot, sometimes cold, but always waffles.

So one of my supervisors called me a Nuclear Waffle. So yep, that's me!
[Image: lssiggy.png~original]
Received Awards:
Holiday SpiritNew FriendEA are you kidding?Sending LoveBirthday WisherSmall QuartersChallenge HostProofreader

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going on with forums and the Sims in general? kitkat 1 182 08-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: cari4003
  Best gift received and given macthekat 8 2,583 04-14-2016, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Eronoel
Its My Birthday! Cook, Bake and share! Saprophyte 34 17,765 09-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Last Post: lea-sweet