- You definitely deserved POTW with that amazing first shot! It looks so incredibly real. Overall, I really love the feel of the room and how you used the colors and textures of your inspiration pic. Totally inspiring!
- Wow, you created a very put-together and beautiful kitchen in such a short amount of time! It's very warm and rustic, with just the right amount of clutter.
- That is a gorgeous, stylish room, and a huge improvement over the original! I love the contrast of dark and light, and the luxurious feel to the furniture and fabrics.
- I love the white cabinets and splashes of color! Wonderful layout, too. I'm really impressed you did this in only 28 minutes!
- You absolutely nailed the effect you were going for! It's playful, feminine, and sleek -- very rock star. The black and white photos are a great addition, and I love the tub on the platform!
- Oh what a beautiful room! I love the colors you used, and that brick wall looks so awesome contrasting with the linen fabrics. Fantastic clutter choices, too, and I love the telescope!
- Your rooms are always so unique and fascinating to look at. You always manage to find the coolest, most realistic-looking stuff, and then you arrange and CASt it in such creative ways. There's a great feeling of nostalgia in this room, and I love looking at all the details!
I'm a horribly slow decorator myself, so as soon as I saw this challenge was open, I knew I wanted to try it! To start small, I chose a bathroom in Macthekat's Zamel House
. I moved in Christopher Steel and decided on a modern, natural, and masculine design. I don't usually do modern, so this was kind of a double challenge for me.
I had a really tough time finishing in 60 minutes -- I was CASting the rug just as the timer stopped! There are so many things I would change (like I didn't get a chance to put art on the walls around the toilet), but I can always do that later.
It's not the most private of bathrooms, but as Christopher was skinny-dipping in the pool while I was decorating, I don't think he'll mind so much...
And here's my inspiration pic (which helped a LOT when I got stuck):
Thanks for the fun challenge, Mac!