Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanged Create your own actions in Photoshop
An action is a series of tasks that you play back on a single file or a batch of files - menu commands, palette options, tool actions, and so on. You can create an action that changes the size of an image, applies a filter to the image for a particular effect, and then saves the file in the desired format. Nice, is't it !

To create a new action:
- Click on "create new action"
- Name it
- Perform the steps you want the action to perform for you
- Then you are done press stop. Your action is now saved.
- Then you want to play it after you set it up - just push "play"

This is a great time saver then you have to do the same tasks over and over.

My favourite action and how to make it
Here is how to set up a resize + save + close action. I use this all the time.*
Open the action panel
[Image: mackat_122.jpg]

Create a new action in the group where you want it
[Image: mackat_123.jpg]

Name it and pick a shortcut for the action (that makes it really useful, since you do not need the action panel open to run it, you just press your shortcut key)
[Image: mackat_124.jpg]

Now I resize my image to use on the forum
[Image: mackat_125.jpg]

[Image: mackat_126.jpg]

I save over the file I am working on and close the file
[Image: mackat_127.jpg]

[Image: mackat_128.jpg]

Once I added all the steps I want, I stop recording by pressing the little stop symbol
[Image: mackat_129.jpg]

now my action is ready to run on any picture

* I am using Photoshop CS5 so things may look different in your version
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 8 users say Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Very useful! Thank you Mac!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to moxxa for this post
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter
Clap That is an awesome tip! I never thought of creating an action to resize in Photoshop. I always think of actions as photofilters or tools I use for creating special effects. It never occurred to me to create one for something as simple as resizing. I'll definitely start thinking about actions differently. Thanks!
[Image: POTM_november_Von_zpse4ad3b63.png][Image: JanuaryPOTM_zps7fb18853.png]
Received Awards:
Photographer of the MonthCopy CatSending LoveRetired Staffer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginner What ruins a good picture, and how to fix it macthekat 4 12,874 10-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: diputsinva
  Second floor disappearing for screenshot SelaronoSIms 4 1,703 07-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Post: SelaronoSIms
  Beginner Take better pictures macthekat 19 47,429 12-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: mrmiss