Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Materializing Materials? This explains how to find those pesky patterns.
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

CC related Materializing Materials? This explains how to find those pesky patterns.
I wanted to show you what to look for when using S3PE and the simple steps to identify a 'bad' pattern. These patterns, when converted from Sim3Pack with Delphy's Multi-Extractor (or any program that converts) to package file, will cause the materializing materials error. So while the pattern is not really bad, it cannot be converted. They are most often made with the EA pattern tool.

Open s3pe, and direct it to open the suspect pattern file. 'Bad' patterns look like this:

moderatornote img removed because eric's photobucket got hacked

The blue highlighted area is the pattern name. The green highlighted areas are the IMG file. Three IMG files is a bad sign (normal pattern files have one IMG file). To further examine, highlight one of the IMG files and click the View DDS button (circled in red).

moderatornote img removed because eric's photobucket got hacked

UN-check Alpha and view the image. You will find one of them is all black, one is all red, and one is an image file. This is a file that should not have been converted.

My suggestion is to check all of your new patterns before installing them IF you use package files. YOU may not have converted it, but it may have been done erroneously by the person you downloaded it from. Save yourself the heartache and examine new pattern files prior to installing.
Nothing lasts forever . . . except poetry readings
Visit my CCBlog / InfoBlog / Twitter / In5piration.b / {braces}
[+] 11 users say Thank You to baufive for this post
Received Awards:
Tutorial WriterTreasure HunterTech SuportBeing BraveBirthday WisherDonatorWish FulfillerSmall QuartersSending LoveCarebearWCIF Master
Hey All - I am going to update this information because A: my photobucket images are lost to the ages due to the hack and B: S3PE has updated and this information is a bit out of date.

I am going to cut and paste the pertinent information from above and all changes are in bold - 'kay? 'Kay!

Quote:I wanted to show you what to look for when using S3PE and the simple steps to identify a 'bad' pattern. These patterns, when converted from Sim3Pack with Delphy's Multi-Extractor (or any program that converts) to package file, will cause the materializing materials error. So while the pattern is not really bad, it cannot be converted. They are most often made with the EA pattern tool [CAP].

Open S3PE, and direct it to open the suspect pattern file. 'Bad' patterns look like this:

[Image: 01-materializing-materials_zps4a88120a.jpg]

Quote:The GREEN highlighted area is the pattern name. The BLUE highlighted areas are the IMG file. Three IMG files is a bad sign (normal pattern files have one [Possibly two] IMG file).

I need to stress here - this is a perfectly fine file - the creator was good enough to mention that it was a CAP file (In fact, I sought this particular set out simply because I knew the creator alerted everyone it was made with CAP) - these simply need to be installed via the launcher in their original Sim3Pack format if you want this to work correctly in your game.

S3PE also has changed a bit. You'll want to make sure you check off "Enable DDS Preview" as shown here:

[Image: 02-materializing-materials_zps148beccb.jpg]

This next area you'll need to know what to uncheck/check - the Alpha button. This will be in the right panel at the top - here, circled in red:

[Image: 03-materializing-materials_zpsa8a46052.jpg]

Quote:UN-check Alpha and view an image [_IMG]. You will find one of them is all black, one is all red, and one is an image file. This is a file that should not have been converted.

[Image: 04-materializing-materialsA_zps70272c1c.jpg]

[Image: 04-materializing-materialsB_zpsafbb4ed7.jpg]

[Image: 04-materializing-materialsC_zps21f99025.jpg]

After learning to make a pattern file, I also know that you can add a specular texture to add shine to particular files - some 'normal' pattern files can have two _IMG files - but a CAP file always has three - one all black, one all red, and a full color image.

This is also important:

Quote:My suggestion is to check all of your new patterns before installing them IF you use package files. YOU may not have converted it, but it may have been done erroneously by the person you downloaded it from. Save yourself the heartache and examine new pattern files prior to installing.

If you have recently encountered the Materializing Materials problem - you can open the folder you keep your CC, organize by date and start checking your most recent patterns with this method. I make it a habit of checking all CC before installing it into my game, but especially every single pattern. Be pro-active in the 'health' of your game!

If you love this pattern used in this tutorial, please check out the whole set - it is a very cool set.
Nothing lasts forever . . . except poetry readings
Visit my CCBlog / InfoBlog / Twitter / In5piration.b / {braces}
[+] 4 users say Thank You to baufive for this post
Received Awards:
Tutorial WriterTreasure HunterTech SuportBeing BraveBirthday WisherDonatorWish FulfillerSmall QuartersSending LoveCarebearWCIF Master
Thank you so much Eric for the update. You don't know how many times I have come looking for this tutorial Smile
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer
Thank you so much for this,Eric.
[Image: SimGirl54.png]
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterDesign StylerTime TravellerChallenge RocketeerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Color LoverOn a Platter
Awesome, Eric, thank you! Any idea about patterns that replicate themselves over other patterns? I wish I could figure out how and why that happens, and how to fix it!
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
^ I had that problem too... I just deleted the pattern in question, didn't like it anyway. giggle

Thanks Eric, that's one useful guide! Smile
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterClock RacerGreat ChefBirthday WisherSending LoveBeginner's LuckCopy CatSmall QuartersChild Friendly
My problem is that the problem pattern changes every time I add another pattern, and I can't seem to find it Sadsmile
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
Going through my patterns one by one now because I got a few that will do the thing where it overrides the other patterns. Sadsmile
Visit me on Tumblr @bluexsims
Received Awards:
Being BraveChallenge HostFeedbackerBirthday WisherNew FriendSending LoveCopy CatEA are you kidding?Prize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Small QuartersColor LoverPhotographer of the MonthClock RacerTime TravellerI DoChild FriendlyFeaturedDine outOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Tip Are lagging? Is your save file huge? Want a fix? napoleonwrasse 0 8,964 06-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Last Post: napoleonwrasse
Lightbulb Crashing How to fix your game. (TS3 and TS2 solution). Plama_chan 0 3,605 05-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Plama_chan
  EA / Store Premium content problems macthekat 1 2,314 01-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar