Decorating Bad Rooms 3.0 (Closing February 4th)
[Image: Bad%20Rooms%203.jpg]
Credit: Banner and text by Saprophyte, Penthouse pictures for the layout by annyway

The city is full of life and extraordinary architecture but the interior design doesn’t always live up to the city’s glamour. One of these places is the Penthouse. It has a great location and because of its many windows it has a priceless view. The interior is another story though. It is bland and does not attract many buyers. The Landlord has therefore come to you in hope that you can give the Penthouse the makeover it deserves.

Task
Give the Penthouse a makeover. Give it some life and personality! You can either use the penthouse in Bridgeport or build it from scratch but it must be on the second floor or higher. Scroll down to see the layout and location.

Rules
• You must keep the walls in the room where they are
• You may remove the halfwalls
• You must leave the positioning of the stairs, windows and doors where they are
• You may change the type of windows, doors, and the stairs.
• You may add windows
• You may add walls to the interior
• You may change all wallpaper/flooring/furniture
• You must have a place to cook, somewhere to eat, a living area and a bathroom
• Max. 10 pictures, including an overview.
• You may link to an album with more pictures.
• You may enter 3 times.
• You may enter with TS3 or TS2.
• Have fun!

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

Participation Prize
[Image: badroomPP.jpg]
By macthekat

This challenge will close February 4th
[Image: 2gui1yh.png]
Received Awards:
Retired StafferTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckNew FriendHoarderChallenge RocketeerSending LovePrize DonatorSocial ButterflyBeing BraveColor LoverChatty CathyStorytellerBeginner BuildersStir CrazyParty AnimalGreat GardenerChallenge HostPhotographer of the WeekDonatorFeedbackerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlyTake me AwayBirthday WisherWCIF MasterCarebearRetired ModeratorCopy CatWriterProofreader
The Penthouse

[Image: Overview.jpg]

The Location in Bridgeport
[Image: On%20the%20map.jpg]

The Layout for TS2 and those who build it from scratch
[Image: Layout.png]
[Image: 2gui1yh.png]
Received Awards:
Retired StafferTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckNew FriendHoarderChallenge RocketeerSending LovePrize DonatorSocial ButterflyBeing BraveColor LoverChatty CathyStorytellerBeginner BuildersStir CrazyParty AnimalGreat GardenerChallenge HostPhotographer of the WeekDonatorFeedbackerI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlyTake me AwayBirthday WisherWCIF MasterCarebearRetired ModeratorCopy CatWriterProofreader
The Sims 3
The Sims 2
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
ohwell, that bad room really needs a makeover! Bigsmile
[Image: goingtodoitannywaysignatur_zpse3257649.jpg?t=1348064923] anny

[+] 1 user says Thank You to annyway for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendPhotographer of the WeekTreasure HunterSending LoveDonatorWCIF MasterTutorial WriterChatty CathyBeginner's LuckStir CrazySmall QuartersChild FriendlyBeginner BuildersBased in FictionClock RacerSound of MusicI DoRetired ModeratorThank MachineBirthday WisherHoarderFeedbackerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Landscapes GaloreParty AnimalChallenge HostAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyColor LoverPet PersonBeing BraveTech SuportDorm CrazyCopy CatAd ManChallenge CrazyDeck the HallsFreelancerCarebearChallenge RocketeerTake me AwayEP MonsterTime TravellerMini MeEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyFeaturedWish FulfillerPrize DonatorJudgecornPhotographerHorse LoverRetired Staffer
Yum! A penthouse!!! I´m all over this one! Smile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to moxxa for this post
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter
Oh yeah, that penthouse is in dire need of some lovin'! May I sign up for TS3 please?
[Image: signturbean.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to beanhugger for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekNew FriendDesign StylerCopy CatTreasure Hunter
beanhugger - you just jump in with your entry once you have finished the room, no need to sign up Smile
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
I did read the rules, I promise, I just have a couple questions about the stairs//bathroom area. Can we use a spiral staircase instead of the traditional ones? I know the rules say you can change the type of stairs, but they also state you have to leave them in the same spot, but spiral stairs don't take up as much space as normal ones. And for the bathroom, do we need to keep the tub or can it be a half-bath?

[Image: MarchPOTM.jpg]
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSmall QuartersCopy CatPet PersonBased in FictionPhotographer of the MonthChild FriendlyWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?Featured
personally i'd prefer spiral stairs aswell but i'm not sure if we could use them.

as for the bathroom, i think you can delete the tub but atleast a shower should be in there.
[Image: goingtodoitannywaysignatur_zpse3257649.jpg?t=1348064923] anny

[+] 1 user says Thank You to annyway for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendPhotographer of the WeekTreasure HunterSending LoveDonatorWCIF MasterTutorial WriterChatty CathyBeginner's LuckStir CrazySmall QuartersChild FriendlyBeginner BuildersBased in FictionClock RacerSound of MusicI DoRetired ModeratorThank MachineBirthday WisherHoarderFeedbackerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Landscapes GaloreParty AnimalChallenge HostAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyColor LoverPet PersonBeing BraveTech SuportDorm CrazyCopy CatAd ManChallenge CrazyDeck the HallsFreelancerCarebearChallenge RocketeerTake me AwayEP MonsterTime TravellerMini MeEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyFeaturedWish FulfillerPrize DonatorJudgecornPhotographerHorse LoverRetired Staffer
admiralxapple, my friend and co worker Anny already replied to your questions, but I just want to say that we've now decided that we are not allowed to change the stairs into a spiral one. The landlord didn't approve.
And as for the tub, you are allowed to delete everything in the penthouse. You don't need to keep anything. But doors/stairs/windows/walls must be placed on the same spots as the layout shows. And with a bathroom we mean a toilet, a sink and a tub or a shower. Other than that you are free to do whatever you like Sun
I look forward to see your makeover!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Saprophyte for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 6,935 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 8,811 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 10,497 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila