Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Build from the Blueprint (Closing February 4th)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Building Build from the Blueprint (Closing February 4th)
[Image: buildFromBlueprint.jpg]
Credit: Banner and floor plans by Macthekat

Making your own layout isn’t always easy. We have therefore made 9 floor plans for you to choose from. These serve as the first floor’s outer walls, the foundation can be bigger. It is then up to you to get creative and build a house based on that. We have also given you a few style examples that you are free to use. It is a bonus if you do!

The Task
Pick one of the floor plans we have provided and build a house based on that. The outer walls of the first floor must be the same as the floorplan you’ve picked, the foundation can be bigger. The second floor and up can be any shape you want. Use your toolbox to give the house character by adding Windows, doors, wall covers, roofs, balconies, railing, columns etc. You can add decorations from the buy menu and garden if you want to, but you do not have to.

The Rules
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • You may enter 3 times
  • No pictures from the inside of the house is allowed (show them in sims x pictures or in your album instead)
  • The ground floor have to have outer walls that fits the floor plan you picked, but other floors may have any shape you want.
  • Foundations may be bigger. It is just the outer walls on the ground floor that have to fit.
  • You may remove/move the inner walls
  • You may turn or mirror the floor plan layout all you want.
  • You may add decoration from the buy meny, but you do not have to
  • You may do some gardening, but you do not have to
  • Have fun: this is a challenge not a contest!

Remember to add Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on what works and what doesn't.

This challenge will close February 4th
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
The Layouts

[Image: layout.jpg]

Suggested styles
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
The Sims 3

The Sims 2
Received Awards:
i ws looking forward to this one and can't wait what everyone will come up with! Sun
[Image: goingtodoitannywaysignatur_zpse3257649.jpg?t=1348064923] anny

[+] 1 user says Thank You to annyway for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendPhotographer of the WeekTreasure HunterSending LoveDonatorWCIF MasterTutorial WriterChatty CathyBeginner's LuckStir CrazySmall QuartersChild FriendlyBeginner BuildersBased in FictionClock RacerSound of MusicI DoRetired ModeratorThank MachineBirthday WisherHoarderFeedbackerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Landscapes GaloreParty AnimalChallenge HostAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyColor LoverPet PersonBeing BraveTech SuportDorm CrazyCopy CatAd ManChallenge CrazyDeck the HallsFreelancerCarebearChallenge RocketeerTake me AwayEP MonsterTime TravellerMini MeEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyFeaturedWish FulfillerPrize DonatorJudgecornPhotographerHorse LoverRetired Staffer
Awesome challenge, Sap!!!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to moxxa for this post
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter
I will start, I have build this house based on blueprint 2. I wanted to build a starter and I was kind of wanting to do a minimalistic house, so this is what I came up with. It is not genius in any way, but I think it is a cool little two bedroom starter. Because I want it to be a starter, there are not a lot of plants on the lot yet or other details.

[Image: Screenshot-739.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-735.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-736.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-732.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-733.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-734.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-729.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-730.jpg]

And the overview
[Image: Screenshot-737.jpg]

I got two sims living there right now - lowing the price of the very basic furniture. Once I get it under 17.000 I will put it up for download.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Yay inspiration

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and the challenge gave me the inspiration, even if I suck with buildings.

I chose to build a typical villa from the place I live. There exist MANY 'typical villas', all different, here, but I managed somehow to build one. Be warned, because it's a SPANISH villa, but not the sunny shiny ones you're used to. Spain is not sun and beaches, people! Here in the north we have lots of rain, horrible weather and amazing nature :P

I used layout 3

[Image: xl9pnm.jpg]

And this is what I did

[Image: 34nmzah.jpg]

[Image: 6xww86.jpg]

[Image: 14n1ndl.jpg]

[Image: 2hqvw8y.jpg]

[Image: 1tue4h.jpg]

Heidy!!
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekTreasure HunterDorm CrazyCount Them: 1, 2, 3And unicornsChatty CathyTake me AwayPet PersonSmall QuartersBirthday WisherBased in FictionBeing BraveWCIF MasterMini MeSending Love
Michelle, that looks great! I can really see the Northern Spain that you showed me the other day going on here. I think you got some great details here - like the covered walkway. The climbing wine is a great detail - it makes it feel really old.
Heidy To put the last finishing touches on this, I would suggest playing a bit with the terrain paint. Spray some summer grass under the hay, some darker grass near the house or some dryer grass under the archways. You will see that it makes a huge difference.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Thanks mac! Indeed this is exactly what I showed you the other day :D or at least I tried giggle

I see what you mean with the terrain paint. I'll have it in mind next time, I swear I just forgot! I tend to do that *shame*
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekTreasure HunterDorm CrazyCount Them: 1, 2, 3And unicornsChatty CathyTake me AwayPet PersonSmall QuartersBirthday WisherBased in FictionBeing BraveWCIF MasterMini MeSending Love
macthekat, I'm usually not a big fan of minimalistic constructions, but I really liked your house!

Michelle, how to start ... I loved! makes me want to move to spain and have a house like this. Inlove
I will not make any comment regarding the construction because, well, I guess I'm more qualified to receive instead of giving. Bigsmile

Now, my entry ...
first of all, I must say that I am terrible at building (lack of creativity and skills sucks!)
But anyway, here are the pictures:

I chose the layout #8,

[Image: Screenshot-17.jpg]

The front:
[Image: Screenshot-21.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-26.jpg]

Sides of the house:
[Image: Screenshot-25.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-22.jpg]

The back:
[Image: Screenshot-24.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-27.jpg]

Not sure what style it fits, maybe bungalow? Criticisms and Comments would be greatly appreciated! Heidy

PS: Let's pretend the World is perfect and EA allows us to recolor the chimney. Doh
Received Awards:
Pet PersonTreasure HunterEA are you kidding?WCIF Master

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila