Current time: 11-22-2014, 09:59 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Mixed  Sims Imitate Art (Closes the 29th of March)
Vasilla Offline
Trial Subscriber

Thanks Given: 87
Thanks Received: 44 in 35 posts
Beginner's LuckTreasure HunterBased in FictionBeing BravePhotographer of the Week
RE: Sims Imitate Art
Kimberlina, I like how the striped walls continue onto the ground, very creative :-)

admiralxapple, there is something so visually pleasing about those light blue, concrete walls. The rest of the room is great, especially the green and red details, but seriously, I can't stop staring at the walls lol

littlecat, simple yet texutred. I like winking

Pluck, I'm impressed by how close you got to the old dutch influence. Great job!

Okay, so I took inspiration from Syd Mead, a well known concept artist for futuristic/scifi movies. This is a concept painting he did for Blade Runner. It was the perfect excuse for me to play around with colors! Heidy always welcome

[Image: 2vkn9j8.jpg]

[Image: SimsImitateArt-01.jpg]

[Image: SimsImitateArt-02.jpg]

[Image: SimsImitateArt-03.jpg]

[Image: SimsImitateArt-04.jpg]

[Image: SimsImitateArt-05.jpg]
Fun fact: The bathroom window is the only one you can actually see out of.

[Image: SimsImitateArt-06.jpg]

[Image: SimsImitateArt-07.jpg]

[Image: SimsImitateArt-08.jpg]

[Image: SimsImitateArt-09.jpg]

Added some detail shots over here.

[Image: POTWVasilla.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 09:51 PM by Vasilla.)
02-03-2012 09:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Vasilla for this post:
Pluck (02-03-2012)
admiralxapple Offline
Subscriber

Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 239 in 164 posts
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSmall QuartersCopy CatPet PersonBased in FictionPhotographer of the MonthChild FriendlyWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?Featured
Pluck: Your first ever challenge entry is lovely. You did a superb job channeling and recreating the spirit of the piece. Heidy I think the last shot with the two chairs and the huge fireplace would have a ton more impact of the fireplace was lit. It would add a layer of warmth, and a little more light to that side of the room. Either way, I think you did a fantastic job!

Vasilla: I had a lot of fun with the walls, and if you're interested in how I did it, I combined Ritsuka's concrete wall conversion (which it looks like you used in your entry) and this pattern.

Anyways on to your entry. Wow. Wow. Wow wow wow. That is such an interesting mix of textures, and layered with the lighting just creates an in your face (in a good way!) futuristic atmosphere. You definitely channeled your inspiration picture 100%. I also like your ingenious combination of a tiki skul (?) and the rod lighting to create a one of a kind art piece.

On a side note... can I just have your CC folder please?

[Image: MarchPOTM.jpg]
02-03-2012 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to admiralxapple for this post:
Pluck (02-03-2012), Vasilla (02-04-2012)
Saprophyte Offline
Sapiliciously Crazy

Thanks Given: 617
Thanks Received: 765 in 598 posts
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LoveI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedFreelancerPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
Vasilla, gosh you really nailed that urban feeling and the colors of the lights, I am speachless! It is beyond fantastic! Inlove

02-03-2012 11:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Saprophyte for this post:
Vasilla (02-04-2012)
Naitomea_Sims Offline
TS2 Fanatic yet playing TS3

Thanks Given: 436
Thanks Received: 539 in 409 posts
New FriendTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckBeing BraveBeginner BuildersDonatorSending LoveSmall QuartersTake me AwayTime TravellerChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerSound of MusicI DoBirthday WisherDeck the HallsPet PersonCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Mini MePhotographer of the WeekChild FriendlyGreat GardenerPhotographer of the MonthGreat ChefFeaturedRaised from the Dead
Pluck, well done, you captured the Flemish Renaissance/Baroque style really well.

Unnnngh <- speechless
WOW Vasilia this is fantastic!!!!!

Una

Livejournal | Tales from Apple Blossom House | Naitomea's Simblr | Naitomea's LS Album

[Image: siggyuna.jpg] [Image: March2013_NaitomeaSims_zpsd80152b1.png]
02-04-2012 08:21 AM
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Naitomea_Sims for this post:
Pluck (02-04-2012), Vasilla (02-04-2012)
newshoes Offline
Trial Subscriber

Thanks Received: 68 in 50 posts
New FriendTime TravellerPet PersonSending LoveChallenge HostTreasure HunterEP MonsterFeaturedPhotographer of the Week
Vasilla That is so spot on beautiful. Just the perfect amount of clutter and great lighting. Perfect, really.

02-04-2012 03:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to newshoes for this post:
Vasilla (02-04-2012)
lylim6 Offline
Stalker

Thanks Given: 461
Thanks Received: 414 in 330 posts
New FriendBeing BraveSending LoveGreat GardenerI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersDorm CrazyTake me AwayTime TravellerBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerAnd unicornsDeck the HallsCopy CatTreasure HunterBased in FictionEA are you kidding?Photographer of the WeekPhotographer of the MonthFeaturedColor Lover
Vasilla, wow! I really love everything about this!

[Image: sig_lylim.jpg][Image: lylim.png] [Image: potw.jpg]
02-04-2012 07:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to lylim6 for this post:
Vasilla (02-04-2012)
Vasilla Offline
Trial Subscriber

Thanks Received: 44 in 35 posts
Beginner's LuckTreasure HunterBased in FictionBeing BravePhotographer of the Week
admiralxapple, I thought you might have done some stone layering :D Also, I forget where I got the skull, but yup just put some florescent lights over it and viola! you've got original artwork Rock And actually I did the same thing in pictures 5/6, it's a painting of Darth Vader combined with a neon sign.

[Image: POTWVasilla.jpg]
02-04-2012 08:55 PM
kiki264 Offline
Palette Lover

Thanks Given: 76
Thanks Received: 26 in 26 posts
Being BraveTreasure HunterSound of MusicDorm CrazyLlama DesignerBirthday WisherBased in FictionBeginner Builders
Could I get a painting please?

My Tumblr - Spontaneousdecapitation
02-04-2012 11:25 PM
newshoes Offline
Trial Subscriber

Thanks Received: 68 in 50 posts
New FriendTime TravellerPet PersonSending LoveChallenge HostTreasure HunterEP MonsterFeaturedPhotographer of the Week
Kiki264, Here is a suggestion. If someone else has another suggestion, please go ahead!

The Persistence of Memory, Salvador Dali

[Image: thepersistenceofmemory1.jpg]

02-05-2012 12:43 AM
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to newshoes for this post:
kiki264 (02-05-2012)
epletre Offline
Retired Staffer

Thanks Given: 412
Thanks Received: 370 in 319 posts
Birthday WisherTreasure HunterFeedbackerBeginner's LuckPet PersonOrganizerSocial ButterflyCount Them: 1, 2, 3Mini MeEA are you kidding?Sending LoveSmall QuartersChild FriendlyRetired ModeratorChallenge HostRetired ModeratorColor Lover
This is wonderful Vasilla Clap
You did great with colours! I love it! Inlove

02-05-2012 10:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to epletre for this post:
Vasilla (03-16-2012)
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mixed Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous 2.0 (closes November 3rd, 2014) mrmiss 11 0 11-06-2014 10:23 PM
Last Post: Kementari
  Mixed Make a Statement 2.0 (closes November 3rd, 2014) mrmiss 12 0 11-06-2014 10:22 PM
  Mixed Spotlight on Color (Closes August 13th) mrmiss 190 0 08-15-2014 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)