Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Family Homes (Advice and Tips)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Family Homes (Advice and Tips)
I have a family which i really like and want to build a house for, so i thought before i start building, ask you guys and gals for some advice or tips on how to build a good well thought out family home. How do you go bout building for families?
Received Awards:
Llama DesignerBirthday WisherBased in Fiction
I think figuring out how many kids your family will have is a good place to start and figure out if you want some of the kids to share a bedroom. This will give you an idea of how many bedrooms you need. If you plan to have a lot of kids, consider making two bigger bedrooms - one for the boys and one for the girls and a shared playroom. That way you can have 3 rooms for the kids instead of 4-6 bedrooms. Oh and consider having a separate nursery close to the parent's bedroom so the little ones don't wake up everyone.
A bigger living room is a good idea since the kids will need/want a lot of stuff. I normally also make at least two bathrooms. You also want to make sure that there are chairs enough around the dinning table for everyone. And I think a backyard is a big plus - especially with generations.
If you do not want toddlers in the back yard - build on a foundation - if you do want them out there, then you want to avid a foundation - toddlers can not climb stairs.

For the rest - it depend on the style of house you want.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
First you have to consider how many sims you have or want to have (kids) and Second if you want big or small houses, for the reasons that Mac mentioned, cause if you like a small house but with 4 kids, the tip (from Mac) that the kids share bedrooms is very good. Now, if you want a big house, is diferent, a lot of rooms for all the family.
... because L O V E is the M O S T valuable thing in L I F E !
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Karlha for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendSmall Quarters
If you're planning on playing for the same family for more generations, it's not a bad idea to have 2 master bedrooms so that 2 of your kids can later move their spouses in and continue the legacy.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Hanita for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?
First of all Identifying which way the house will face on the building site. This is seemingly easy enough but usually times over looked. It is essential primarily if the building site grows up to somebody else's residence or to someone else's property. There are actually building unique codes in place regarding positioning of bathrooms when a home is designed next to another one. So the design and style should take into consideration where the home will be positioned on the building site. This factor also impacts where the drive way will be placed, whether there will be street access and whether the entry to the home will look natural or unnatural.
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo What To Do With Boring ol' Ceilings. MrCrazyDaisy 5 4,782 04-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: jenny8237
Wink Murals kacicka777 4 2,219 08-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Last Post: kacicka777
  House/lots Building a modern mansion (sorta) lynhuh 6 3,711 09-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Last Post: macthekat