Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Home Tiny Home
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Decorating Home Tiny Home
Oh oh wonderful shots and interiors. I looove small places Heart
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherTreasure HunterFeedbackerBeginner's LuckPet PersonOrganizerSocial ButterflyCount Them: 1, 2, 3Mini MeSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Sending LoveChild FriendlyRetired ModeratorChallenge HostRetired ModeratorColor Lover
Decided to try my hand at this. I love small spaces but I've never had to work a bed into a living area before so I gave it my best shot, haha.

The occupant of the apartment [Cornish Warhol] lives alone, so the space isn't a huge issue for her. A lot of her furniture is either put-it-together-yourself from IKEA or furniture she's inherited from her grandmother when she passed away. She inherited the ornate bookcase; the sewing table; the antique telephone; a handful of fancy cooking pots and teapots; the chandelier in the bathroom. Some of the items fit into the decor and others are... questionable at best, haha. Seriously, a chandelier that detailed and large in the tiny bathroom? The night light is a little out of place but it's her childhood night light and so she keeps it plugged in, for nostalgia's sake, although she'd never admit it if you asked her about it.

I considered the idea of adding a partition or something hanging from the ceiling in front of the bed but then I imagined Cornish would've scoffed and torn them down because they weren't functional or useful for anything.

Cornish spends her days lounging around and taking naps on her bed, reading or watching TV and then stays up at night on the computer on forums. She doesn't have company over so the little loveseat is all she needs to sit on because she's usually lying down on the bed. She does own a cat named Nova who keeps her company and is generally seen lounging on counter tops, under chairs or on the bed watching TV or napping with Cornish.

[Image: AHBO8.png]

[Image: IKdG6.png]

[Image: oz5E7.png]

[Image: IqapO.png]

[Image: qF7Ja.png]

[Image: VJWZP.png]

[Image: VAZ71.png]

[Image: 0sPeq.png]

[Image: afRBn.png]

[Image: IbGGE.png]

Heidy Always open to critique to help me learn for future contests, although I don't think I'll be modifying much (unless I find it isn't functional) from what you see here.
Received Awards:
New FriendLlama DesignerSmall QuartersBeginner's Luck
Very nice Lizbeth, I love what you did with the shutters over the windows! Also, what a coincidence, my sim's cat for this challenge is also named Nova Wink
We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong
The amount of work is the same ♥
Received Awards:
Clock RacerSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Being Brave
[Image: screenshot32t.jpg]

Meet Janelle, she is 23 yrs old and lives alone with her two cats, Dila, the slightly lighter one that is way too playfull for her age, and her son, Malek, a furniture shredder that no one can stay mad at for long, he is just that cute. Janelle has moved out of her parents house in search of a fresh start, it has now been a year since her fiancee, Matthew, died in a car accident and she decided it was time to stop mourning and embrace life again. Thanks to the help of her family, her deceased fiancees family, and some good friends, she has been able to build herself a home.

[Image: screenshot29v.jpg]

[Image: screenshot27h.jpg]

Janelle has always been close to Mathews family, and Mathews mother owns a small florist, when Janelle told her she was looking for a small apartment not only did she help he search for one, but she gave her a couple of furniture items to help her set up the apartment. The armoire in the entrance, the benches, storage boxes all the plants in the house were a present from her, and her husband, being a bit of a handyman, set up the shelves and built the hanging bench in the living room area.

[Image: screenshot18og.jpg]

[Image: screenshot14tm.jpg]

The 3 paintings above the dining table are Janelles most prized possession, as they were made by Mathew. The table she bought in Ikea and the two chairs were extras her parents had stored in the attic, she found the mirror frame in a flea market and bought the mirror to fix it.

[Image: screenshot20pj.jpg]

The bed, that doubles as a couch during the day, and closet came from her previous bedroom at her parents, the coffee table was another flea market find and the new TV was a present from them.

[Image: screenshot9qs.jpg]

[Image: screenshot22kz.jpg]

[Image: screenshot6bc.jpg]

For the kitchen counters and the mini-oven, Janelle had to ask the bank for a loan, the fridge was found by a friend in a 2-hand store and she painted it to make it look newer. She decided not to get a stove because it would be a big sink in her bank account and because she is a vegetarian and eats mostly raws, so the mini-oven will be suficient.

[Image: screenshot29ra.jpg]

The terrace bench is actually her toddler bed, with one of the bar sides removed. And miss Dila is just being her bossy-self, demanding food :p

The seemingly large open area between the dinning table and the kitchen was left like that because Janelle enjoys going crazy, dancing around practicing air-guittar and sliding through the floor with her socks on...who doesnt? declan

Hope you guys enjoyed my shot at this challenge, criticism is appreciated Heidy Chair
[Image: 2vb0j1t.gif]
Received Awards:
Chatty CathyTreasure HunterNew FriendSmall QuartersCopy CatEA are you kidding?Color Lover
All the places I've ever rented (or had friends that rented) had basic plumbing and some form of kitchen cabinetry included. Usually the counters and cabinets are outdated and possibly ugly as all get out, but at least they're there.

In that vein, Andrea Jericho, an aspiring artist was glad that the apartment she found after graduation at least had those basic essentials. Her landlord allowed Andrea to paint the walls/doors as she saw fit, although she was not allowed to change the flooring or ceiling light fixtures. Her budget was tight, but she managed to hit a few local yard sales and found a small cabinet for her entryway, which she uses to store toiletries and linens. A pair of old beat up bean bags were easy to recover for her sitting area, under a large painting that she was especially proud of. And her brother made her a pair of floor lamps as a graduation gift.

[Image: Screenshot-7.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-3.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-8-1.jpg]

Her desk serves as her dining table, though she usually has to push aside all her supplies when she eats. The folks next door were throwing out some old items the day she moved in, and she was glad to take a chair and box off their hands. That large box was perfect for holding her out of season clothing, while the drawers under her bed held her current wardrobe. Other boxes piled up contained more art supplies and bed linens.

[Image: Screenshot-15-2.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-9-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-12-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-4.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2.jpg]

The best part about being an artist: you never have to worry about your wall art. All the art in Andrea's apartment were pieces she herself had done throughout college.

Overview:

[Image: Screenshot.jpg]

Edit: Forgot to say that every one is doing such a good job! I love how different all the stories are and how many different ways everyone got their items on the cheap side.

Heidy
Received Awards:
New FriendSocial ButterflyTreasure HunterWCIF MasterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChild FriendlyDorm CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatClock RacerTake me AwaySmall QuartersBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Sending LoveColor Lover
I love how everyone has such different takes on how to design such a small space! You guys are so talented :]

Quin just graduated with a degree in Interior Design, from an (expensive) out of state school. Seeing as she still has student loans to pay, she's rented out a cheap, "recently renovated" apartment from a nice older lady named Ms. Withers. "Recently renovated" means the parquet floors were sanded, and new hardware and butcher block countertops were installed in the kitchen. Ms. Withers also had faux-wood paneling installed sometime in the early '80s, which Quin begged and pleaded to update with a few coats of paint. The older lady agreed, and Quin called her sister. She knew Molly had gallons of a bright blue paint leftover from a project, and could probably be persuaded to hand it over. (Quin did tell her 6 gallons was too much to paint a focal wall, but did Molly listen? No of course not.)

[Image: Screenshot-1122.jpg]

Her bed, bedspread, and desk were from her room at her parent's house, and her dad was more than willing to bring it over. He wanted his own home theater room, gosh darnit!

[Image: Screenshot-1128.jpg]

(Oh hey, Dad, does that mean I can have your old TV? SURE QUIN!)

[Image: Screenshot-1125.jpg]

Quin set out to her local flea market and antique mall to find discount anything to furnish the remainder of her new tiny home. The couch was an amazing find, $150 at an antique mall. It was missing two of its feet, something Quin's handyman father was able to rectify in an afternoon... splinters and all.

[Image: Screenshot-1126.jpg]

The same spot also provided her with a small dresser ($95) to use in the entry way, all that she (read: her dad) had to do was sand it down and paint it white, but she (-he-) did leave some of the original purple to give the piece character.

[Image: Screenshot-1131.jpg]

Quin's father surprised her with a few floating shelves she could use in the kitchen, which he promptly decided to install. He had also found some rods from which she could hang utensils. (Again, he did most of the installation...)

[Image: Screenshot-1130.jpg]

Her next stop was Joe-Bob's Thrives and Dives, where she found a pub table ($45), and two funky barstools (a splurge at $75 each) she could use as a dining table set up, and additional seating should she ever entertain. The painting came from another flea market, and was in terrible shape when Quin purchased it ($5!) She cleaned it up using half a bagel.

[Image: Screenshot-1127.jpg]

All of the artwork Quin used (save for the girl) was from a street merchant in the design district.

Her second to last stop provided her with bases to a couple of butterfly chairs. She had already planned on making her own pillows, so she had to stop at a fabric store anyway.

[Image: Screenshot-1129.jpg]

Meet Quin and Dori, her newly adopted Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

[Image: Screenshot-1134.jpg]

Overview (The rug was Quin's most expensive purchase at $300):
[Image: Screenshot-1132.jpg]

Sorry about the lack of pictures from the bathroom... there are a couple in my album. :]
[Image: MarchPOTM.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to admiralxapple for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSmall QuartersCopy CatPet PersonBased in FictionPhotographer of the MonthChild FriendlyWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?Featured
Hi, I really like all your entry's! You all did great job.
In this lot lives Amelia, she used to live in Riverview with her family, but she got a job as a teacher and had to move to Sunset Valley. Amelia loves to read books and cook. She's really want to buy a pet, but becouse of her apartment size she can't. Some of furniture she buy in Ikea, some gave her her family, like sink or mirror in bathroom, but she still need few more - painting for example, now she have only frames.

[Image: 6nz1bk.jpg]

[Image: 2ed40gl.jpg]

[Image: 2isupns.jpg]

[Image: 1zb6xi8.jpg]

[Image: b5gpqc.jpg]

[Image: 15q5jlu.jpg]

[Image: sll2yr.jpg]

[Image: 119s80p.jpg]

[Image: 2us945k.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to david_dave for this post
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendBeing BraveEA are you kidding?
I dont think I am good enough to be giving constructive criticism but I will give my opinions on the latest entries Smile

@Nerieda

Totally agree with the counters/bathroom basics and I like how you made them look a bit "off" as in they were already in there. The background story blends nicely with the decoration and I can totally relate to the neighbours trowing items out (I myself got two almost new armchairs that way Rofl ).
The fact that the wall seems to have been painted using the sponge painting technique only adds to the whole artist background. I think I would have liked to see a bit more work done on the bathroom, seeing as it is a bit bland for an artist, but overall I love it Smile

@admiralxapple

Woah! Bold colours! But totally fit the designer type, I really liked the desk working as a tv-stand and the shelfs over the bed - nice space-saving ideas! You also have some focal-areas that flow nicely with your background story, as a designer would have attention to such details. The story is also rather funny with the poor dad having to do so much work Rofl Also with the bagel technique mention you taught me something new, that I can use on my old grandparents paintings, thank you!

@david_dave

That is one nice view! I love pallete you used on this challenge, the dark purple is gorgeous! I specially love the 5th picture with the tv-stand, it is -so- inviting, just feel like kicking my shoes off and check what is on the tv. The little bathroom cabinet looks great and the wallpaper choice in the kitchen is brilliant. You do seem to be missing a sink in there though, and although I see english is not your mother language you shouldnt be afraid to expand your background story a bit more, this is a very welcoming community after all Nod

Having said all that, could I get some constructive comments on my entry? I am a bit insecure about my abilities when it comes to the sims3 seeing as I havent done it much and too a loooooong break from it Itwasntme
[Image: 2vb0j1t.gif]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Nahemah for this post
Received Awards:
Chatty CathyTreasure HunterNew FriendSmall QuartersCopy CatEA are you kidding?Color Lover
Nahemah the bathroom is the one room I'm not 100% happy with myself. I did put a chandelier wall sticker in the shower on the wall, but there wasn't any way to get a picture of it with the shower curtain I set up.
Received Awards:
New FriendSocial ButterflyTreasure HunterWCIF MasterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChild FriendlyDorm CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatClock RacerTake me AwaySmall QuartersBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Sending LoveColor Lover
Wow this challenge has been a busy bee! Party I can't wait to participate!

Moxxa, That’s so cosy and it looks so stylish and still like there’s a budget. Terrific!

Anny, I love the bed! It’s so lovely with all the pillows. You have a great mix of things in there.

Kimberlina, haha love that you added a moving pic! It’s breezy and colorful. It looks great and the pots outside are adorable.

Mac, that looks so real! I love that you added a radiator and the little cat is so adorable, looks like my little cat <3

Cat, wow what a daring apartment. It’s really cool with all the patterns and colors. The kitchen is so funky. I love it!

Lizbeth, I love the colors together. It’s full of personality, like the frog chair and the night light.

Nahemah, omg her cats are so adorable!!! Her apartment is awesome. It’s stylish, got personality and so well balanced. Great use of the budget!

Nerieda, That’s really sweet. It’s very creative and inspiring. It really looks like an artist is living there!

Admiralxapple, I absolutely love the blue walls! It’s a really cool mix of styles in there. Beautiful!

David_dave, I love the shower shot! I really like the muted colors and how you cluttered the place!
[+] 6 users say Thank You to Saprophyte for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila