Rules Sim Next door (Intro and rules)
[Image: simnextdoor.jpg]

5 wonderful singles are moving into a newly build rowhouse project. At the moment the apartments are all identical but things are about to change as we have hired you to turn these empty halls into dashing salons. Match the interior with the personality and preferences of the sim living there and bring a smile to their faces when they come home after a hard day’s work.

How will this work?
  • The contest will take place in 5 rounds, for each round we ask you to decorate one apartment unit including the garden.
  • We provide you an apartment building for both games. You can download it or recreate the layout in your game.
  • There will be no application round, you enter directly in the 1st round.
  • After each round the judges will score the entries. We will eliminate half of the participants after each round. After round 5 the person with the highest score in that round wins.
  • Scores are not accumulative. You will be scored for each round separately.
  • The rounds will run from Sunday to Sunday, but the first round will be open longer.
  • Each round will be posted in a separate topic and the entries for that round should be posted in that topic. This topic is for general announcements and questions about the contest in general.
  • After each round the scores will be posted in the this topic and in the round topic. The best half will go on to the next round.

Who can enter?
Anyone on the forum can enter! Sims 2 or Sims 3.
Staffers may enter, but their scores will not be counted in the final round, so they can not win this.

Feedback
You are of course welcome to use Heidy Heidy to ask for feedback in the topic. We will all try to give you feedback on your work.

What are we looking for?
  • Taste: We are looking for rooms that takes the taste of the people into consideration and who will use the room into account. How do you show the sims' personality in the room.
  • Realism: We are looking for realistic rooms, with attention to detail.
  • Creativity: We are looking for creative rooms with interesting ideas.
  • Photography: We are looking for well photographed rooms that looks really good in the pictures.
  • Style: We are looking for designs that fit the required style for the round
  • Requirements: Meeting the requirements of the round. Make sure you follow the rule and have all the required items.

Rules
  • Post 5-10 pictures of the unit. One picture has to be an overhead - but it may be linked, it does not have to be a part of the allowed 10 picture.
  • Maximum 800 pixel wide pictures
  • No borders, text, heavy manipulated or special effects on the pictures.
  • No picture in picture
  • No heavy editing of the pictures is allowed. You may make slight changes to contrast, light and sharpness of the pictures. You may not add lens flares and effects like that.
  • You may edit your post until the deadline, but not after the deadline for that round.
  • The exterior layout of the unit, including door and window placement has to remain intact.
  • You may add interior walls in the unit. Half walls and fences are allowed.
  • You may change the doors/windows/walls/floors/stairs. You may not move them.
    2/3 windows/doors may be changed into double/triple windows/doors. If you change doors or windows, please keep them modern.
  • Required items have to be visible in at least 1 picture.

Drop-out
If you can not continue, after entering, in the contest for some reason, please let us know.

Extensions
There will be no extensions and no exceptions, if you don't make it, you don't make it! No whining or pleading will be tolerated.

Judges
Ankuuh, Saprophyte, annyway & Macthekat will be judging the contest.

WCIF
Please ask the Where Can I Find in the regular forum WCIF area, not in the round topics.

Prizes
The winner and the runner up will both be featured in the magazine in the first issue after the contest ends.
The winner will get 250 points worth of items from the EA store
[We are looking for prizes]

Participation Prize*
tellemonstar donated this cute participation prize
[Image: animalscrackerspreview.png]

*To receive the participation price: You have do all the round of the contest until you are eliminated.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
The Apartment Building

The house is downloadable for both Sims 2 & Sims 3. You may build the house your self of course and there is overview pictures here that should allow it. The house is build in a fully patched game. The house is base-game compatible in the sims 3 version, but the sims 2 version do require all EPs.

Download for sims 2

Download for sims 3

To the sims 2 players: If you download the house, please change the stair so they are located where the sims 3 stairs in the overview below. You may of course remove all interior walls and place your own.

[Image: Screenshot-269.jpg]

[Image: screenshot-272.jpg]

[Image: screenshot-273.jpg]

Downstairs
[Image: Screenshot-275.jpg]

Upstairs
[Image: Screenshot-274.jpg]
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
And our winner is..... tiki5872

Participants List:
Eliminated:
Round 1 ScoresRound 2 ScoresRound 3 Scores
Round 4 ScoresFinal Scores
Received Awards:
Deadlines

Round 1: 15th April

Round 2: 22th April

Round 3: 2nd May

Round 4: 10th May

Round 5: 19th May

All deadlines are at 18.00 GMT (which has no daylight saving so remember that)
Received Awards:
The Jklee decor wall cutout things, are they allowed? There's the full height piece, and then matching half walls with tops too...
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
I just revised the rules and you can add any walls you want, including wall like objects
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
I am so excited to see all the entries! Good luck to all of you! loooove
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
I have never done a contest before, I might try this one out Smile
We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong
The amount of work is the same ♥
Received Awards:
Clock RacerSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Being Brave
Does this come out this week? I Hope I'm back in time for the first deadline! D:
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSmall QuartersPhotographer of the Month
I would love to participate but right now I am simsless...we sold our old PC (and my sweet little laptop dosent handle sims 3 unfortunately) but building a new one is in a process. I hope it will be ready soon and I finish my entrie just in time Smile

Good luck to you all! Sun
A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge Heart

[Image: krissuliin_doty_2013.png]
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherNew FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Copy CatContest WinnerStir CrazyParty AnimalJudgecornFeatured

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taste - Round 2 [Closed - Scores are Up (page 4)] macthekat 53 0 04-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Last Post: arwen56
  Drab to Fab - Lottery macthekat 9 0 03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Green-Girl
  From Drab to Fab - The Entries [winners announced on page 8] macthekat 94 0 02-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Bridelyn