5 wonderful singles are moving into a newly build rowhouse project. At the moment the apartments are all identical but things are about to change as we have hired you to turn these empty halls into dashing salons. Match the interior with the personality and preferences of the sim living there and bring a smile to their faces when they come home after a hard dayâ€™s work.
How will this work?
- The contest will take place in 5 rounds, for each round we ask you to decorate one apartment unit including the garden.
- We provide you an apartment building for both games. You can download it or recreate the layout in your game.
- There will be no application round, you enter directly in the 1st round.
- After each round the judges will score the entries. We will eliminate half of the participants after each round. After round 5 the person with the highest score in that round wins.
- Scores are not accumulative. You will be scored for each round separately.
- The rounds will run from Sunday to Sunday, but the first round will be open longer.
- Each round will be posted in a separate topic and the entries for that round should be posted in that topic. This topic is for general announcements and questions about the contest in general.
- After each round the scores will be posted in the this topic and in the round topic. The best half will go on to the next round.
Who can enter?
Anyone on the forum can enter! Sims 2 or Sims 3.
Staffers may enter, but their scores will not be counted in the final round, so they can not win this.
You are of course welcome to use Heidy to ask for feedback in the topic. We will all try to give you feedback on your work.
What are we looking for?
- Taste: We are looking for rooms that takes the taste of the people into consideration and who will use the room into account. How do you show the sims' personality in the room.
- Realism: We are looking for realistic rooms, with attention to detail.
- Creativity: We are looking for creative rooms with interesting ideas.
- Photography: We are looking for well photographed rooms that looks really good in the pictures.
- Style: We are looking for designs that fit the required style for the round
- Requirements: Meeting the requirements of the round. Make sure you follow the rule and have all the required items.
- Post 5-10 pictures of the unit. One picture has to be an overhead - but it may be linked, it does not have to be a part of the allowed 10 picture.
- Maximum 800 pixel wide pictures
- No borders, text, heavy manipulated or special effects on the pictures.
- No picture in picture
- No heavy editing of the pictures is allowed. You may make slight changes to contrast, light and sharpness of the pictures. You may not add lens flares and effects like that.
- You may edit your post until the deadline, but not after the deadline for that round.
- The exterior layout of the unit, including door and window placement has to remain intact.
- You may add interior walls in the unit. Half walls and fences are allowed.
- You may change the doors/windows/walls/floors/stairs. You may not move them.
2/3 windows/doors may be changed into double/triple windows/doors. If you change doors or windows, please keep them modern.
- Required items have to be visible in at least 1 picture.
If you can not continue, after entering, in the contest for some reason, please let us know.
There will be no extensions and no exceptions, if you don't make it, you don't make it! No whining or pleading will be tolerated.
Ankuuh, Saprophyte, annyway & Macthekat will be judging the contest.
Please ask the Where Can I Find in the regular forum WCIF area, not in the round topics.
The winner and the runner up will both be featured in the magazine in the first issue after the contest ends.
The winner will get 250 points worth of items from the EA store
[We are looking for prizes]
tellemonstar donated this cute participation prize
*To receive the participation price: You have do all the round of the contest until you are eliminated.