Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Sim Next door - Round 1 [Scores up - comments are welcome]
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Sim Next door - Round 1 [Scores up - comments are welcome]
Hi everyone! I've been a big fan of LivingSims for a while, but this is my 1st time on the forum and I'm realy excited about this contest... but also impressed and intimidated by the work of all the competitors!

Anyway, let's start with the front door...

[Image: 860555Screenshot6.jpg]

1st floor...
[Image: 2694361st.png]

[Image: 657492Screenshot13.jpg]

[Image: 900226Screenshot10.jpg]

[Image: 247932Screenshot11.jpg]

Garden, with a dining area and the artist'studio in the back...

[Image: 751132Screenshot19.jpg]

[Image: 198345Screenshot2.jpg]

2nd floor... (and the garden)

[Image: 564044Screenshot3.jpg]

[Image: 787678Screenshot14.jpg]

[Image: 718120Screenshot4.jpg]

So, the idea was to express the romance outside and to keep the inside bright. I tried not to accumulate furniture because this is a very small space... So I hope you like it and, if I don't make it to the next round, I had fun doing it and good luck everyone!!!
Delia

P.S: I'm sure there are some gramatical mistakes but I'm Swiss... so my english is still a work in progress...
[Image: 556260AviaryPhoto130544059074252692.png]
Received Awards:
Being BraveNew FriendBeginner's LuckCount Them: 1, 2, 3EA are you kidding?Horse LoverSending LoveI DoClock RacerTime TravellerColor Lover
Did i say that you guys are impressive!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Ah haha I said I wasn't going to look at the photos before I finished my entry, but I must admit that I wished I had so I knew how inexperienced I was. :P Heidy

Anywho! I hope I did it semi-decently.

1. [Image: Screenshot-961.jpg]

2.[Image: Screenshot-964.jpg]

3.[Image: Screenshot-977.jpg]

4.[Image: Screenshot-960.jpg]

comfortable seating quota: met!

5. [Image: Screenshot-985.jpg]
mirror for casual narcissism

6. [Image: Screenshot-984.jpg]
double bed!

7.[Image: Screenshot-981.jpg]

8. [Image: Screenshot-982.jpg]

9.[Image: Screenshot-963.jpg]

10.[Image: Screenshot-978.jpg]
our artist!
[Image: Screenshot-987.jpg]
Lounge Chair and Easel!

Anywho! I hope I did it semi-decently.
Gallery | Ground Floor | Upper Level

Received Awards:
Being BraveNew FriendSmall Quarters
warsenic, you've done a great job, made some really interesting and bold choices with colour and layout and it's worked out fabulously!

I just love seeing everyones interpretations of the space, how we all place our furniture differently and choose to highlight different areas. It's completely inspiring, and it makes it a bit nervewracking when it comes to posting my own pics, haha!

By day, my version of Deanas flat is clean, white & crisp, with splashes of her favourite citrusy orange. As the day turns to night, the white and crisp becomes warm and cozy, with coloured lights setting the scene for an indoor/outdoor party zone, the art supplies can be tucked away in the dresser and the sofa moved back to create a sweet dance floor. Upstairs via the super bold orange hallway her bedroom is modern but comfortable, with vintage furniture & salvaged architectural elements being combined with modern furniture, sleek wood paneling and a modern stripe wallpaper. The bathroom is clean and white, with pops of orange & green to give it a modern but retro feel.

PHEW! Fun challenge!

[Image: SND_R1_01.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_02.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_03.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_04.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_05.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_06.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_07.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_08.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_09.jpg]

[Image: SND_R1_10.jpg]

overhead shot
[Image: awesims-sig.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to sixtyten for this post
Received Awards:
Great GardenerFreelancerPhotographer of the WeekBeing BraveDonatorGold StafferSound of MusicWish FulfillerPrize DonatorMini MeLayouterSilver Staffer
I am so happy to see so many fantastic entries!!! happy2

Una, What a clever use of the barndoors! It's a really nice apartment. I love the hanging lanters outside, it really fits her!

Vasilla, I think you did brillliant with the orange. It's very cosy in there!

kyllw, gosh that firepit shot is stunning. Your entry is just as fantastic as everyone elses, you should feel really good about it!

DeliaPeabody, Glad to see you jumped right into the contest! I really like that yoplayed with a lot of colors. It looks great!

warsenic, That floor is so creative. I think you did a very good job with it!

Sarah, I love you played with the lights to make it orange! Fantastic work!
[+] 5 users say Thank You to Saprophyte for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
Vasilla - I love the way you decorated throughout with painter's clutter. And the orange ... really beautiful.

kyllw - Good thinking to separate the kitchen/living area lengthwise instead of widthwise. great entry .. and the firepit is to die for.
If you want to get rid of the blueish hue of your night shots, you might want to use a lightning mod to give your night shots a more realistic dark hue.

DeliaPeabody - Happy furnishings for a happy Sim. Love the little outdoor nook for painting, great entry!!!

warsenic - WOW! I love how you used different patterns and textures, I would have never thought of using that many colours/patterns but it all fits perfectly. Bravo!

Sarah - Gosh, Sarah this looks fantastic ... I wondered if you had a bigger version of the two storey apartment than anyone else. It looks so much bigger and airier than the original. And the entry way ... WOW!!
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Naitomea_Sims for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekNew FriendTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherDonatorSending LoveSmall QuartersTake me AwayTime TravellerChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerSound of MusicI DoDeck the HallsPet PersonCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Mini MeChild FriendlyGreat GardenerPhotographer of the MonthGreat ChefFeaturedRaised from the DeadOn a Platter
I will try another time guys. Cheers!
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterBeing BraveBirthday Wisher
moderatornote IoaneSky Please resize your pictures to a maximum width of 800 pixels. Thanks in advance!
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterProofreaderNew FriendSending LoveBeing BraveLS Extra StafferSmall QuartersBirthday WisherFeedbackerOrganizerEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyWriterChallenge HostStir CrazyCarebearSilver StafferJudgecornWCIF MasterMini MeTech SuportThank MachineRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor LoverRaised from the Dead
kyllw - The layout of the kitchen/living area makes the space seem really big, and I love the couch. The outdoor seating area is really funky and cool.

DeliaPeabody - First I just want to say I love your username. :D Secondly, I love the windows downstairs and the little butterflies as well. I think it's great that you set up a dining area as well.

Warsenic - the wall colour is great. How you set out the downstairs area looks great.

Sarah - I love the little kitchen nook. The whole downstairs seems so spacious with it's white walls and grey feature wall. That's such a big bathroom for the space we had to put it in - and it looks great. The little outdoor seating area is lovely.

IoaneSky - I love that green desk chair! Also the patterns makes the house seem very bright and colourful.

Okay. So here is my entry. The full set of pictures can be found here.
I'd be more than happy to hear what Heidy thinks as well.

Retro-style kitchen.
[Image: round1-kitchendining2.jpg]
Sunlounge chair.
[Image: round1-sunlounge.jpg]
Double bed.
[Image: round1-viewfrombedroomdoor.jpg]
Mirror mirror.
[Image: round1-mirrordesk.jpg]
Bathtub.
[Image: round1-bathroom01.jpg]
Comfy seating for 5
[Image: round1-viewfromthekitchen.jpg]
Artist Easel
[Image: round1-artistsroom.jpg]
Front garden
[Image: round1-frontgarden.jpg]
[+] 3 users say Thank You to tellemonstar for this post
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherBeing BraveEA are you kidding?Raised from the DeadChild Friendly
IoaneSky, that house is full of personality. The colors are so vivid and it's a very creative place!

tellemonstar, I love that kitchen! It's really cool. That gardengnome i hilarious, really suits her Bigsmile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Saprophyte for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 15,903 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 11,558 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up macthekat 40 17,240 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrmiss