Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Sim Next door - Round 1 [Scores up - comments are welcome]
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Sim Next door - Round 1 [Scores up - comments are welcome]
david_dave, Oh I love how you framed the walls! It's very light, modern and sophisticated. Well done!

kiki264, those tiles are gorgeous! They're playful, colorful and perfect in there.

EvaVonAsch, I really like how you colored the furniture and mixed them together. It's full of personality and style.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Saprophyte for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
Haven't take part in any contest or challenge for very long time, so I decided to join this one! Here is my attempt at Deana's little apartament.

I decorated whole space with the style suggested by moderators - eclectic. There is a combination of mid century and modern furniture with a little indian inspired stuff. Some walls are painted with orange, to emphasize Deana's favourite color.

Entry:

[Image: Screenshot-50.jpg]
Required item: full figure mirror

Kitchen:

[Image: Screenshot-49.jpg]

Living area:

[Image: Screenshot-48.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-12.jpg]
Here's the place where Deana and her guests can sit, watch tv, play video games and talk.
Required items: comfty seating for 5

[Image: Screenshot-47.jpg]
Nook where Deana paints her masterpieces.
Required item: easel

Bedroom:

[Image: Screenshot-53.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-54.jpg]
Required item: double bed

Bathroom:

[Image: Screenshot-46.jpg]
Required item: bathtub

Garden:

[Image: Screenshot-14.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-15.jpg]
In garden is place when all of Deanas friends can sit behind the table and enjoy delicious meal.
Required: sun lounge chair

Overview 1
Overview 2
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherRetired StafferNew FriendBeing BraveTreasure HunterRetired Moderator
OK, so I pictured her as an artist who would go round scouring charity shops and flea markets for things that caught her eye. I figured that she would then re-upholster and re-paint the things she found so that they looked right in her home:

Overhead - Downstairs

Overhead - Garden

Overhead - Upstairs

Downstairs, as you enter the house, is a comfy chair, with bits and pieces on it, including mail, plus a wall mounted shoe rack with all her fancy shoes (she's a self confessed shoe addict!). Immeadiately as you go into the living area there's the stairs, which have a railing next to the wall, and then she has a study corner under the stairs, where she stores canvasses, a drawing board and some water colours, as well as a couple of handbags and cleaning stuff. She also has a dining table with four chairs next to the stairs, so that people can eat there if there's no space left on the sofa. The television area is separated by an screen that she painted herself after a trip to India, with a three seater sofa and a comfy chair. The TV is just a small wall mounted affair, with a shelf above and a tiny console underneath, but it means that a few knick-knacks can be on display. The kitchen has been re-done by her father, he found a small fridge for her which fits inside the counters, and he found some cheap marble that has orange streaks in it, which she loves, and she painted the handles of the cupboards to match, as well as the trashcompactor door. The hob was installed into the surface of the countertops to give her more space, and rather than cupboards, everything goes in there, or on hooks above the counters.

*seating for 5*
[Image: Screenshot-81.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-104.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-103.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-105.jpg]

Upstairs was completely open plan, just a small wall keeping the toilet and sink seperate from the sleeping area. She had installed an over-sized fishtank in place of windows, because it made her relax at night. Again, nothing really matched, but she had a bed with built in bedside tables, which she'd again painted in orange, and in front of the bed she had put a dresser, on top of which she had a second TV, some reading books and her dream diary, which often inspired her paintings. The bathtub was a huge round affair, with a couple of her old toys either side, and a bag hanging on the wall with her shampoo and shower gel in it. The sink was an old thing that she'd found in a charity shop, like most of her furniture, and she had pinned a fun sign up next to the toilet, which had made her think of far too many of her friends!

*Double bed, bathtub and full-figure mirror (just seen in the corner of the top picture*

[Image: Screenshot-106.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-78.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-77.jpg]

Outside was her "party" area. There was a covered barbecue area, complete with a wine fridge, plus three barstools. Again, they didn't match, but they did have the same upholstery on them, a fun hawaiian design. Then her washing line was underneath the palm trees her Mum had bought her, which seperated her beach refuge and painting area from the fire pit. The firepit was an odd design that had caught her eye, and she'd found a set of six pillows that were used instead of chairs. The beachy area had a small pool with a fountain and a pile of sand with semi-built and destroyed sandcastles, plus a lounger for if she wanted a model to paint.

*Easel and sun lounger*

[Image: Screenshot-87.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-89.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-90.jpg]

Album with more pictures

Heidy PLEASE, I found this insanely hard!
Heidy Pagan, tarot reading, final fantasy obsessed sims player... Pleased to meetcha! Heidy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBeginner's LuckSound of MusicChild FriendlyI DoStir CrazySending LoveBased in FictionClock RacerCarebearPet PersonEP MonsterSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?JudgecornOn a Platter
All of the apartments I've seen so far have been breathtaking. I would move into any of them in an instant! This is my first Sims interior design contest, so I'll be excited if you think that my apartment is even half as good as the other entries.

For this apartment I decided I wanted Deana to be into a not so conventional type of art: comic books. This meant that I could have fun playing with bright colors, but would also have the challenge of attempting to make the space a classier one while using such a "childish" theme. (The first photo is the entryway... Sorry, I know its hard to tell.)

[Image: Screenshot-202.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-802.jpg]
Requirements fulfilled: Full-length Mirror and Bathtub

Artists love light and color. With this in mind, I tried to give Deana a bedroom that was, although a little cluttered, an inspiring place full of natural sunlight.

[Image: Screenshot-22.jpg]
Requirement fulfilled: Double Bed

[Image: Screenshot-213.jpg]
Requirement fulfilled: Easel

For the living room and kitchen area, I played up to Deanna's sociable and bubbly personality by starting with a white base, and adding pops of color with the furniture and decor.

[Image: Screenshot-109.jpg]
Requirement fulfilled: Seating for 5

[Image: Screenshot-172.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-74.jpg]

I extended this colorful scheme onto the patio, and then finally into the back and front yard.

[Image: r1-kewtfase-21.png]

[Image: r1-kewtfase-9.png]
Requirement Fulfilled: Sun Lounge Chair

[Image: Screenshot-2.jpg]

If you would like to see more (as in way more detailed shots, and other fun stuff I didn't have room to show) please visit this gallery. [link]

Overhead Views:
Lower Level
Upper Level

Thank you for looking! :D
[Image: simsplicitysignature_zps3db8cbbb.png]
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSmall Quarters
OMG so many entries. All very different and interesting. I am still working on my entry, darn game keeps crashing. Swear

Trumpets0ng - I really like the colour scheme you chose. I almost did the same one. And the wall with all the coloured circles adds a lot of interest. Good job!

Naitomea_Sims - Your outdoor area is wonderful. I could really see myself relaxing there on a cool summer night.

Vasilla - You have used some really cool artwork. I especially like the painting with the goldfish!

Kyllw - That area with the fire pit looks so real and cozy. Definitely a great place to hang out with friends!

DeliaPeabody - I really like that area outside with all the artist stuff. I looks like a perfect place to paint.

warsenic - I absolutely love all the patterns you have used. Sometimes it is hard to do that, but you seem to have pulled it off. Good job!

Sixtyten - I love how you have incorporated the orange without it being too much. It is a difficult colour to use but you did a fantastic job.

tellemonstar - Your bathroom is so realistic with just the right amount of clutter.

david_dave - I really like the simplistic look of your house. To me it is very calming and relaxing. Just wish I could get my home looking like that.

kiki264 - That bedroom is beautiful. I just love that print on the bedspread!

EvaVonAsch - I am just amazed how large your kitchen looks in this tiny place. There is so much room in there.

Rubika - I love how your rooms are so dark but the colours just seem to pop out.

Breila - You always have cute little touches in your rooms. I really like all those signs. Too cute!

Kewtfase - I absolutely love the comic idea. Everything is so bright!

I hope I didn't miss anyone.
[Image: POTMseptemberBRIDELYN_zpscb173613.png]
[+] 12 users say Thank You to Bridelyn for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveDorm CrazyTreasure HunterSound of MusicI DoChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckBased in FictionPet PersonDeck the HallsTime TravellerAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyAnd unicornsCopy CatSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Count Them: 1, 2, 3Sending LoveTake me AwayFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthFeedbackerColor LoverChallenge HostOn a Platter
There are some really awesome entries!!! It's interesting to see how different all of our designs are. I do have to say it's weird and cool to be in a contest with the creators of some of my favorite sims items & sites!! Thanks Sixtyten & Rubika Rock

And good job everyone Smile
[Image: LivingSimsSignature2_zps7ca83cd0.jpg]
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveEA are you kidding?Birthday WisherChild FriendlySmall QuartersCopy CatDeck the HallsStir CrazyFeaturedTake me AwaySound of MusicColor LoverContest WinnerCount Them: 1, 2, 3On a Platter
Oh wow! Everyone has such amazing entries and different ways of decorating the space.

I found this harder than I had originally thought, trying to fit everything in the small space and using the orange, my least favourite colour! It was fun though, here is my entry.

[Image: Screenshot-683.jpg]
The wall by the entry way is covered with momentos from some of Deana's wild nights.

[Image: Screenshot-682.jpg]
An open kitchen and living area makes entertaining very easy.

[Image: Screenshot-669.jpg]
Required item: Full length mirror

[Image: Screenshot-673.jpg]
Required item: Seating for 5

[Image: Screenshot-665.jpg]
Space to bring the parties outside.
Required item: Sun lounge chair

[Image: Screenshot-667.jpg]
Required item: Easel

[Image: Screenshot-691.jpg]
Required item: Double bed

[Image: Screenshot-693.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-699.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-652.jpg]
Required item: Bathtub

Overview:
Ground Floor
Garden
Upper Floor
We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong
The amount of work is the same ♥
Received Awards:
Clock RacerSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Being Brave
After many crashes and a lot of struggling, I am finally done. I tried to used the eclectic style while keeping in mine her favourite colour is orange. I also tried to add some romantic touches as well.

[Image: aaop.jpg]

[Image: 2jessgj.jpg]

[Image: wjhoao.jpg]

[Image: 120lc9z.jpg]

[Image: w8lte0.jpg]

[Image: 35lg8e9.jpg]

[Image: 16jmhg.jpg]

[Image: n66y5w.jpg]

[Image: wkras6.jpg]

[Image: 24wg9zb.jpg]

I posted the overview pics in my LS album. I hope that is ok.

overview
[Image: POTMseptemberBRIDELYN_zpscb173613.png]
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveDorm CrazyTreasure HunterSound of MusicI DoChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckBased in FictionPet PersonDeck the HallsTime TravellerAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyAnd unicornsCopy CatSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Count Them: 1, 2, 3Sending LoveTake me AwayFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthFeedbackerColor LoverChallenge HostOn a Platter
moderatornote Dragonflylea Please resize your pictures to a maximum width of 800 pixels. Thanks in advance! Smile
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterProofreaderNew FriendSending LoveBeing BraveLS Extra StafferSmall QuartersBirthday WisherFeedbackerOrganizerEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyWriterChallenge HostStir CrazyCarebearSilver StafferJudgecornWCIF MasterMini MeTech SuportThank MachineRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor LoverRaised from the Dead
Hi all!
I finally finished my entry. Orange color is difficult, but I've done my best. Here we go!

Entrance area

[Image: screenshot681lsmucgf0qx.jpg]

Living room

[Image: screenshot572hz6atq8g7u.jpg]

[Image: screenshot721hpxyas5ivl.jpg]

[Image: screenshot711kh3xnrp7fz.jpg]

Bathroom with bathtub

[Image: screenshot11038dh1xlsb5.jpg]

Double bed

[Image: screenshot109xrbpfq6wiy.jpg]

Creative corner

[Image: screenshot1028ozrqyep4v.jpg]

[Image: screenshot8515zpcwa01mo.jpg]

Terrace

[Image: screenshot111e0gkv5wts8.jpg]

And one more night shot

[Image: screenshot2919sf5uy1wdv.jpg]

Overview 1

Overview 2

I wish you all a lot fun with contest!bye
[Image: 34hgsd5.png]
Received Awards:
Sending LoveBeing BraveBirthday WisherWCIF MasterTreasure HunterPhotographer of the WeekCopy CatColor Lover

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 15,903 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 11,558 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up macthekat 40 17,240 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrmiss