Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Sim Next door - Round 2 [Scores up - comments are welcome]
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Sim Next door - Round 2 [Scores up - comments are welcome]
A comprehensive response to all the entries in round two, as promised! First off, you guys are ridiculously talented, and I do not envy the judges at all.

Rubika: I love the somewhat moody lighting, your color palette and all the clean lines. But that garden area is to die for. Awesome job!

trumpets0ng: The recovered mirrors in the entry are a nice touch as is the bicycle collection. The bedroom is my favorite part. All of those natural elements paired with the purple accent really create a warm, inviting space! Oh and nice job on the flowers on the roof(?) of the seating area in the garden!

Vasilla: I think you did a great job using the violet. I like that you used a more muted tone, which I think suits the grown-up Violet. The office area is really neat, as is the bedroom! I never would have thought of creating "built-ins" around the bed like that. And the garden is absolutely gorgeous.

tiki: I'm totally loving your office clutter! I like how you were able to fit a living room, kitchen, office, and dining space all downstairs! That's some really awesome space planning on your part. I really like the layout of the bathroom… it's just so functional! Oh and the backyard <3 looooove.

Sarah: Yum, yum, yum! All that texture and color and yumminess! And the garden… and the office, and the bedroom, and the new items <3 -end fan girl moment-

Carly: I like how you created the office space, and included awards for the ambitious Violet. I also like how there isn't too much furniture to interrupt traffic flow. And the upstairs reading nook is a really nice touch!

Peachy: lol at the pillows made from coffee bags! I really like how light your space is, and that cute side table(??) off the kitchen counter. The garden is lovely, and I really like that you included shots at sunset!

kewtfase: I love the layout of your space. It's really functional, and interesting. The backyard is very cute, and you'll have to tell me the secret to the winding water feature… I tried on my last entry and it just didn't work :c

HannahJo: I like the simplicity of your version of Violet's house, and that's definitely a good thing. Your space is very relaxing, and the wood tones just add an extra layer of warmth which I really like. And aww at Violet tending to her garden!

Adiboo: Such a pretty space! I like the painted brick mixed with the dark purple walls downstairs and the patterned accent wall behind the bed upstairs. I really like your mix of textures as well. The overgrown garden is a nice touch!

IoaneSky: I like that you included evidence of Violet's achievements, she definitely seems like the kind of girl who would display them proudly. I also like the really large office space! The bedroom is really funky, I like it :]

lou ellen: I'm definitely loving the downstairs space with that huge animal hide rug! I also really like the moody feel of Violet's house. After a long day under harsh fluorescent lights, I'm sure she likes to go home and relax in the dwindling natural light.

Krissuliin: The brick wall really serves to add texture and dimension to your space as do all the warm wood tones. Cute touch including Violet's name on her desk! I just noticed that. The garden is definitely my favorite part. It's so warm and inviting!

Bridelyn: What a romantic space! I like the mixture of rough, distressed pieces and the soft slipcovered sofas. Smart use of hardscaping in the back yard!

Trapiki: I love your garden too! It's so wild and lovely. I like the large desk area and the all the wood throughout the space. You did a really great job for only working on it for a day!

Breila: The arch is a nice touch as is the cute tree bookshelf! And the dandelion wall sticker over the bed is adorable. Actually the whole bedroom is gorgeous! Heidy I like the garden, but I would love to see it lit up!
[Image: MarchPOTM.jpg]
[+] 12 users say Thank You to admiralxapple for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveSending LoveSmall QuartersCopy CatPet PersonBased in FictionPhotographer of the MonthChild FriendlyWCIF MasterEA are you kidding?Featured
Lovely entries!! Glad I am not a judge giggle It's going to be a big task to judge these awesome entries lol Good luck to all of you!!
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
I loved them all. I want a house with each one.
Glad I'm not a judge...
Received Awards:
Llama DesignerTreasure HunterCopy CatPet PersonSmall QuartersColor Lover
As many people have said before me, SO glad I'm not a judge. These apartments are wonderful.

Rubika I love the colors! So relaxing. I want that entry way, the bed looks like I could just fall right into it, and the whole fire pit area is lovely!

Trumpets0ng That bike display/storage! It features them so wonderfully, and it's practical too! Also loving the various types of book displays. The whole apartment is just too much fun.

Vasilla I want to sit on that bench in the eating area. It looks so comfy! Same goes for the reading chair. I would curl up and read for hours. The layout of the office is truly inspiring.

tiki5872 The office is the perfect blend of classy and functional, and that kitchen space is to die for. I also love what you did with the back yard. The recycling bin in the garden is just the right touch.

sixtyten The soft colors are so relaxing, especially in the seating area. I love the ceiling and the coffee table! The bedroom and the bathroom are so zen. It would be so nice to relax there.

Carly78 The reading space is just right. Neat and tidy, but still relaxing. I love the wall art above her bed! Its just perfect for her character. And the desk space is wonderful.

admiralxapple I don't even know where to begin. I want to live in her apartment. I love the relaxing color scheme, and the textures. And that entry way! It took my breath away. The windows are amazing, the bookshelves add just enough color, and I want to work in her office. Those pencil holders are just too cute! The backyard doors and the lantern... I could go on forever. Love it!

Peachy I think you hit the eco look right on the dot. your blend of modern and reused makes the space feel so classy. I love the whole apartment, but I'd have to say my favorite parts are the dining area and the recycling center. Truly inspiring!

me Yay! You did it!

HannahJo I love that art piece in the stairway, and the seating/storage that's right as you walk in. The garden is my favorite part though. Your attention to details is stunning. Those seed packets are just the right touch!

Adiboo That kitchen area is like a breath of fresh air. The way you pranged it is so efficient, yet beautiful. The bookshelf is also gorgeous. And I love the wall behind her bed.

IoaneSky I can tell you really thought about this character. The cactus garden is efficient and chic at the same time, and the wall of achievements is perfect. I love the greenhouse! I thought about putting one in mine, but couldn't figure out how. Awesome work!

lou ellen That message is perfect for when she just walks into the door. Your apartment is the epitome of what I think "chic" is. I especially am drawn to the sitting area and the bedroom. The whole space looks like its from the pages of a magazine.

Krissuliin Your whole space is so airy and fun! Every photo reminds me of summer. I would love to have the sitting area in my home. And that outdoor reading area! So calming and beautiful.

Bridelyn I love how the bed stands apart like that. The whole space has a regal feel about it. The kitchen is amazing. The art piece is just perfect! And I love the table. Its a beautiful color. And the barn door idea is inspired!

Trapiki Your back yard is amazing! The patio roof is beautiful. I also love your office space. It looks so organized. Perfect for an ambitious doctor. The kitchen is also full of all these wonderful details.

Breila The entry way is gorgeous. I love that arch. The whole house looks comfortable and lived in. It kind of reminds me of my parents house, in a way. It has that warm "home" glow about it. And there are so many nooks to cuddle into! My favorite part, though. Is the bird feeder. So pretty!
[Image: simsplicitysignature_zps3db8cbbb.png]
[+] 11 users say Thank You to kewtfase for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSmall Quarters
I finally have had a chance to sit down and puruse through everyone's entry's. I did not want to peek until after the close deadline for fear of wanting to re-tract my entry! Bigsmile And WOW!! I can't even begin to say what awesome talent you guys have! I doubt I will make it to the next round with all the great entry's I saw, but I am happy to have made it this far. I can still participate in the JFF thread Sun . Goodluck to everyone!!
[Image: sig_tiki.jpg] [Image: mayPOTM.jpg]
Received Awards:
Beginner's LuckPhotographer of the WeekNew FriendTreasure HunterChild FriendlyChatty CathySending LoveBirthday WisherI DoDorm CrazySmall QuartersDeck the HallsBeing BravePet PersonCopy CatSound of MusicEA are you kidding?Contest WinnerPhotographer of the MonthWCIF MasterCount Them: 1, 2, 3FeaturedEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChallenge HostEco FriendlyGreat GardenerColor Lover
I know how important feedback is no matter what you do, so I try to give one to all of you Happy

Rubika: your entrie was the first one I saw (I peeked all entries doing mine at the same time :P) and I think yours is one of my favorites. I really like your calm color palette and how sophisticated it all looks. And your garden set a really high standars to rest of us Bigsmile

Trumpets0ng: I think your entrie is just brilliant! I really love your mirrors and shelvs, they are so clever. And your work area is one of my favorites. And the bedroom...it is so calm and inviting. I also love your bathroom layout (very clever). And your garden is every womans dream!

Vasilla: I don`t know even where to start with your entrie, because I wanted to point out one thing I love most about it but then I realized that this is mission impossible because I love ALL of it Bigsmile I love color of your wood, working space, livingroom area, kitchen (I would love to have same one in my home one day) and the bedroom is just brilliant. I even love your bathroom...its color scheme is so sophisticated ang chic. And garden...I better not go there. Well done!

tiki5872: I think your entrie is one of the most sophisticated one in this contest. I really love how clear and clean it all looks. The colors are just in perfect balance. And I noticed that you have the same seating area layout as I have (yay!). I love your garden, all of it and your bathroom layout. And your work space looks so realistic.

sixtyten: Your entrie is just perfect. Everything is in place. There is nothing too much or too little. I love the most your ceilings and that skeleton in the office (or closet) and how you made a separate area for the work space. And it is just phenomenal how cozy and roomy at the same time your bedroom looks. Yes And that garden...I would love to have same one for me please, thank you!

Carly78: I love how simple and clean your home looks, it is so effortless and cosy at the same time. Really a good place to relax after a long and hard day of work. My favorites are definitely kitchen, working area and bathroom.

admiralxapple: First I would like to say that your Violet is not only smart, she is also a very beautiful woman! And thank you for that color palette. I really love your layouts, they are very practical and nice. I also love these calm colors you have used. My favorites from your entrie are kitchen, working area and hallway. I love how the hall is visually separeted from the rest of the room and this wood wall makes it so real and cozy. Oh, and your windows are also awesom!

Peachy: First of all I love those warm colors you have used. And I really love your kitchen, especially that wood pattern you have used on your counters (I would stare this kitchen for hours)! Your entrie is so down to earth and real. I also love your working area...and that bed, wow!, where did you found it!? I was looking something like that when I made my entrie :P And your garden is very clever, I like it a lot!

kewtfase: I love how modern and different your home looks! My favorites are kitchen and bedroom. And the windmill at the back yard is a nice touch. And what I love most about your entrie, are these two guys on your last picture! Wink

HannahJo: Another very sophisticated entrie. I love all wood patterns you have used. And your kitchen looks so great, it has that old and warm charm. And your bedroom is so romantic and bright, again very brilliant wood pattern choice on bed and dresser! But mostly I love your details, especially those seed/soil packages.

Adiboo: Your home looks so chic and fancy but yet very cozy and inviting. I love that you have separeted your kitchen from livingroom. And all the fabrics you have used...they look so real. Your hallway is one of my favorites and I love that side table in the livingroom. I have only one question: when can I move in?

IoneSky: I love, love your front yard, these cacti are so adorable! And I love that Violet has 2 different bikes, one for shopping and other one for sports. I also love your working area, it is so calming and relaxing, and I think this is good because it keeps Violets motivation high. And green house with solar panels is very good idea and same gos to that water heater(?) in the kitchen (thumbs up for that)!

lou ellen: You have so different entrie (in a good way) from rest of us! I love how you used concrete on the cupboards, suprisingly it looks really good and is well suited. And I also love the way you used violet in your home, it adds just enough amount of colors.

Bridelyn: Wow, how beautiful and romantic bedroom you have made! I especially love those two cabinets behind the bed. And it is brilliant that you have semi-open bathroom behind the bed! Every single detail in her home shows how much Violet loves the environment and nature. And she has so many bicycles!

Trapiki: First I absolutely adore Violets bicycle! I also love dark wood patterns/colors you have used, because it brings out more all these light and colorful items in your home. My favorites are Violets working space and the bedroom. I think these curtains in the berdoom are just splendid! I also love that Violet grows her own vegetables.

Breila: Last but not least! I love all the colors you have used and how you have combined them. I think they fit perfectly together! I really like the arch you have used in your hall. And your bedroom is really beautiful, I love how the wood and violet refine each other! And I noticed that I used the same table in the working area and I also but Violets name onto it! giggle

I really liked all enties very much, every one of them is unique and special! I wish you all good luck! Bear
A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge Heart

[Image: krissuliin_doty_2013.png]
[+] 8 users say Thank You to Krissuliin for this post
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherNew FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Copy CatContest WinnerStir CrazyParty AnimalJudgecornFeatured
I won't even start to break it down. You guys did a fantastic job!! So many great entries and so many great ideas. Good luck to the judges to sort that all out. Good luck to the everyone and looking forward to see what you bring to Round 3 Smile
Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Received Awards:
Small QuartersBeginner's LuckBeing BraveBirthday WisherColor Lover
I am so amazed at your gardens guys. It was a really hard round of judging!

You have been given 1-5 points in 6 categories, earning you up to 30 points from each judge. That means that the maximum possible points in the rounds are 120 points.

Everyone before the line made it into the next round.

Vasilla 112
sixtyten 112
admiralxapple 106
tiki5872 99
Adiboo 99
Rubika 98
Peachy 98
HannahJo 97
Trumpets0ng 96
-------------------------
Trapiki 94
Carly78 90
Bridelyn 90
kewtfase 88
Breila 88
krissuliin 85
lou ellen 80
IoaneSky 74

I want to particularly congratulate the people with the highest scores for this round: Vasilla & sixtyten. You really blew us away.

The the people who did not make it. Thank you for taking part in the competition. I hope you had fun and that you were challenged by this. I hope we see you in the next contest and in our challenges.
Don't forget that you are free to continue the contest in the Just For Fun section
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Congrats to all of you who made it to the 3rd round Clap Those who didn't, better luck next time sweeties consoling
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
Woohoo! Made it, phew!

Great job on your apartments everyone, the competition is really ramping up and I am blown away by you guys' creativity!

I am so looking forward to seeing everyones industrial apartments, I know I am really enjoying the theme myself!
[Image: awesims-sig.jpg]
Received Awards:
Great GardenerFreelancerPhotographer of the WeekBeing BraveDonatorGold StafferSound of MusicWish FulfillerPrize DonatorMini MeLayouterSilver Staffer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 15,903 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 11,558 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up macthekat 40 17,240 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrmiss