Sim Next door - Round 5 [Winner announced on page 3]
Finally able to upload Whew Everyone's entries look so good that I'm definitely nervous... here it goes

Entrance
[Image: 1.jpg]
(Required item: family photos)

Living & Dining Area
[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-6.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]
(Required items: Laptop, table, board game, & toy box)

Bedroom
[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]
(Required items: more family photos)

Bath
[Image: 8.jpg]

Garden
[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]
(Required item: 6 grow-able plants, & comfy chair)

1st Floor

2nd Floor

Garden

http://photobucket.com/GrannySmith

Where are you from?
I am a Native New Yorker

What do you do in real life?
At the moment I am an unemployed Interior Designer, who is getting into the real estate field with my new found free time. When life hands you lemons, patent a new lemonade recipe Wink

What is your favourite design style?
My favorite style is hands down eclectic. I enjoy mixing and matching all styles until the right balance is struck. However whatever elements have been chosen, color is always my most used tool.

How long have you been playing sims?
I've been playing Sims since Sim City 4, lol. In other words, I've played since Sims 1. I used to create buildings in SC4 for my brother, and he told me that there would soon be a game that incorporated just the little "sims" and I could design the interiors too. I've been an addict ever since.

When did you start decorating?
Umm, I'd have to say since I was a little girl when I'd built a college dorm for my Barbies out of the cardboard box our brand new fridge came in. My parents always encouraged my imagination so long as I cleaned up afterward, lol.

What are the 3 favourite design ideas you used in this contest?

1. I really enjoyed creating the hot tub area, actually the entire yard for for Round 4. I feel the light panels and the fishtanks give the space an cool VIP vibe.

2. I really love the various art installations and overall brightness of the livingroom in round 1, Especially in the entryway. I think it gives voice to Deana's artistic vibe, and use of discarded items.

3. The combination of metal, aged wood and brick of round 3. It reminds of the meatpacking district here in NY, and some recording studios I've been to.

I've really had a blast throughout this contest. It has also been quite a challenge, forcing me at times out of my comfort zone. But overall it's been funNod
[Image: LivingSimsSignature2_zps7ca83cd0.jpg]
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveEA are you kidding?Birthday WisherChild FriendlySmall QuartersCopy CatDeck the HallsStir CrazyFeaturedTake me AwaySound of MusicColor LoverContest WinnerCount Them: 1, 2, 3On a Platter
Trumpets0ng All but one of your pictures were missing. Sadsmile Since you provide a link to Photobucket I relinked your pictures. Yes
[+] 1 user says Thank You to KatCat for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterProofreaderNew FriendSending LoveBeing BraveLS Extra StafferSmall QuartersBirthday WisherFeedbackerOrganizerEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyWriterChallenge HostStir CrazyCarebearSilver StafferJudgecornWCIF MasterMini MeTech SuportThank MachineRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor LoverRaised from the Dead
Trumpets0ng I love your take of Granny's apartment Smile Sarah's sets are getting major use here Smile Great job!! Most definitely a really tough round for the judges.
Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Lisfyre for this post
Received Awards:
Small QuartersBeginner's LuckBeing BraveBirthday WisherColor Lover
you guys make the apartments look huge! good job everyone!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to PlasticPlumbob for this post
Received Awards:
Being BraveSound of MusicChild FriendlyDorm CrazyCopy CatTreasure HunterBased in FictionSmall QuartersDine out
Tiki5872 I love Awesome Sims' stuff....she does make a few things for we TS2'ers, and I was thrilled to find a conversion of the set you used in Granny's place! Yaaaay! \o/

Trumpets0ng - beautiful work. Love the walls and what you've done with the wooden ceilings. I feel transported back to one of those cool 60's TV shows! The curtains are perfectly mid-century. Particularly like the dining room set, the coffee table and that spectacular mirror!

The floating fireplace on the patio is boss! What a great idea!

Granny and Fido look very content. Smile
"The Harbour: The scandal continues in this TS2 epic about the lives and loves of the residents of Christophe Harbour"
[Image: xPM27.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ilikefishfood for this post
Received Awards:
New Friend
zomg

We have judged round 5 and we now have a winner! victory

We excluded Sixtyteen's scores since she is a staffer. So it came down to either tiki5872 or Trumpets0ng who both did an amazing job in this final round.

partytime Congratulations tiki5872 you have won Sims Next Door with 83 points in this final round!

Trumpets0ng is the close runner up with 78 points. happy2

Thank you to everyone who took part in the contest. I hope you had fun because I know the judges did, though I think you did give us some grey hairs. You are all way to good and it was hard to have to eliminate anyone.

I hope we see you all in the next contest!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Yay, congrats tiki! Party

EDIT: Also, well done Trumpets0ng and Sarah.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
[+] 2 users say Thank You to mrmiss for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
congratulations tiki!

party2

very well deserved!

and congratulations trumpetsong!

hurrah

a big thanks to everyone that participated. your entries are amazing! i loved looking at your pictures and enjoyed judging very much - even if it was pretty hard sometimes. you really rock!

Inlove

[Image: goingtodoitannywaysignatur_zpse3257649.jpg?t=1348064923] anny

[+] 2 users say Thank You to annyway for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendPhotographer of the WeekTreasure HunterSending LoveDonatorWCIF MasterTutorial WriterChatty CathyBeginner's LuckStir CrazySmall QuartersChild FriendlyBeginner BuildersBased in FictionClock RacerSound of MusicI DoRetired ModeratorThank MachineBirthday WisherHoarderFeedbackerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Landscapes GaloreParty AnimalChallenge HostAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyColor LoverPet PersonBeing BraveTech SuportDorm CrazyCopy CatAd ManChallenge CrazyDeck the HallsFreelancerCarebearChallenge RocketeerTake me AwayEP MonsterTime TravellerMini MeEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyFeaturedWish FulfillerPrize DonatorJudgecornPhotographerHorse LoverRetired Staffer
Congrats Tiki Clap and Trumpets0ng Clap You both did very well.
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
Speechless I looked throught the smilies, but could not find one for being "shocked"! I was happy to make it to the last round, but had no expectations of winning! Thank you for the contest, I had alot of fun! Sun
[Image: sig_tiki.jpg] [Image: mayPOTM.jpg]
Received Awards:
Beginner's LuckPhotographer of the WeekNew FriendTreasure HunterChild FriendlyChatty CathySending LoveBirthday WisherI DoDorm CrazySmall QuartersDeck the HallsBeing BravePet PersonCopy CatSound of MusicEA are you kidding?Contest WinnerPhotographer of the MonthWCIF MasterCount Them: 1, 2, 3FeaturedEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChallenge HostEco FriendlyGreat GardenerColor Lover

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 10,214 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 7,296 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up macthekat 40 11,696 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrmiss