Cook, Bake and share!
Its My Birthday! 
[Image: summertime_cook_out_by_mirz123-d419.png?t=1332788141]
Cook, Bake and Share!

Since Januray this year I've been working at a café in the city, which is a lot of fun and it has been so inspiring for the little chef in me! Even as a child I really enjoyed cooking and baking, helping mom in the kitchen slizing mushrooms and roll gingerbread cookies at christmas. It is relaxing and exciting to try new recepies or making something up yourself.

I made this thread so that we can share what we've done! Starters, main, deserts, lemonade, marmelade or whatever you've whipped up in the kitchen, post it and share the yummyness! Or just discuss recepies, tips or ideas.
cakerun

Yesterday I made these chewy meringues.They are mint flavored and the pink is just red caramel colour. I call them "Polka Meringues" because they remind me of the swedish cady Polkagrisar coco

[Image: Polkamarang.jpg]

Lately I've been making a lot of meringue, put it on top of blackberry pies, chocolate cakes and some like these. It's so easy and it reminds me of clouds which makes me smile. For the blackberrypies I put some concentrated blackberry juice/jam in the meringue so it turned purple which looked really cool. Happy
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
This is so cool Smile Great idea Smile

One of my favourite recipes is unsweetened whole-egg pancakes with tomatoes. Basically these are slightly salted (not sugared) pancakes with tomato salad between each pancake.
It looks and tastes delish and my favourite way to eat pancakes (it figures I don't like sweetened pancakes)

[Image: CIMG0333.jpg]

ingredients for pancake:
3 whole eggs
250 gramms white flour
250 ml milk (1/4 ltr)
salt to your liking

tomatoe salad:
3 mid sized tomatoes
1 small onion
salt/pepper
oil
vinegar

mix the ingredients until they form a smooth liquid. Let rest for 15 min. Heat pan with granola or rape seed oil, pour liquid into the hot pan until the bottom is covered. Bake till the pancake doesn't stick to the pan, then flip.

Prepare a vinaigrette from two table spoons of oil and vinegar, add salt and pepper to your liking. Chop the onion finely and cut the tomatoes into quarters or slices. Add tomatoes to the vinaigrette and stir well. Let rest for 15 mins. to let it soak through.

On top of the first pancake add a bit of salad, then layer the rest with pancakes and salad with a final pancake on top. The pancakes make two servings with a 28 cm diameter pan and three to four pancakes each.

I love it when the vinaigrette soaks through all layers of pancakes ... it's a very tasty dish esp. for the summer.
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekNew FriendTreasure HunterBeginner's LuckBeing BraveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherDonatorSending LoveSmall QuartersTake me AwayTime TravellerChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerSound of MusicI DoDeck the HallsPet PersonCopy CatEco FriendlyEA are you kidding?Mini MeChild FriendlyGreat GardenerPhotographer of the MonthGreat ChefFeaturedRaised from the DeadOn a Platter
Naitomea_Sims: That sounds and looks like a great summer dish. The tomatoes are just starting to show up here (well they are showing up red enough to eat now - they have had these half red icky things all winter of course). Perhaps this is how I should eat the ones I brought on Thursday then I eat a lone - the hubby don't like raw tomatoes - poor man.

Saprophyte: What a wonderful idea to make polkagrisa from Meringues! They are really pretty.

I will find a recipe or two to share later Smile

EDIT:

We had cucumber and eggsalad sandwiches last night. In case you never had it you should try it - it is so fresh and yummy - oh and easy!

Egg salad sandwich

[Image: 10575002_i_a.jpg]
Not my picture - sorry I didn't think of photographing dinner

4 hard boiled eggs
approx. 3 tbsp. mayonnaise, preferably homemade (or just use a good mayonnaise - preferably a light one)
1 Tbsp. sour cream
3-4 tbsp. cress
a bit curry
salt and pepper

method:
Mix the mayonnaise with sour cream. Chop the hard boiled eggs finely and mix them into the mayonnaise.

Season with cress, curry and salt and pepper.

Thin slices sandwich bread (with out the crust) covered with the mixture and another slice of bread placed on top.

Share sandwich into small triangles, or cut into small oblong pieces.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Una, that's a splendid idea! I will definately try that! Looks really good. I have never tried making a non sugar pancake before. Thanks for sharing! Sun

Mac, Thank you! oh that's great combination of flavors. Eggs and cucumber is so good, and fresh as you said. Now I'm getting hungry!! giggle
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Saprophyte for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterFreelancerNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChatty CathySocial ButterflyChallenge HostStir CrazyParty AnimalBeginner BuildersGreat BuilderWCIF MasterCarebearSending LovePhotographer of the WeekI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersChild FriendlyBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDorm CrazyOrganizerFeedbackerHoarderContest WinnerCopy CatAd ManPet PersonFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthJudgecornRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor Lover
I love baking Muffins so I tried to do them with Pineapple cutted in pieces Wink

[Image: IMG_0354.jpg]
sorry for the noise in picture, I pictured it with my iphone Itwasntme

Ingredients : (for 6 muffins)
150 gr flour
75 gr sugar
1 baking powder sachet (8gr)
1 vanilla sugar sachet (8gr)
50 gr butter (softened)
125 ml milk
1 egg
salt
cinnamon (optional)

Method :
- Cut the ananas (1/4) in pieces.
- Preheat the oven at 190°C, grease with butter the tin.
- Mix the solid ingredients together (flour - baking powder - sugar - vanilla sugar - salt - cinnamon) in one container.
- Mix the liquid ingredients in another container. (milk - egg - butter)
- Include the second container in the first one in the center, don't mix them too much, the result need to look lumpy ! Include ananas carefully.
- Pour the preparation in the muffins tin then bake it for 18 - 20 minutes only.

Bon appétit !

Received Awards:
New FriendTreasure HunterChatty CathyGreat BuilderDesign StylerPrize DonatorSending LoveBeing BraveSmall QuartersPet PersonHoarderCopy CatChallenge HostSocial ButterflyWish FulfillerWCIF Master
Well, mac got me into it, so here's the little recipe we cook for Easter here in my city.

It should be like this

[Image: 25phitu.jpg]

or like this

[Image: t0714m.jpg]

and you can use different sizes to decorate like this

[Image: 2cqd5zl.jpg]

Now the explanation, and forgive my english, I'll have to use a translator for some things

Ingredients:

4 eggs
250g of flour
250g of sugar
250g of butter

Method:

Beat the eggs (I'm sure that's not the way to say it lol) with a mixer
Add the sugar and continue with the mixer
Add the melted butter at ambient temperature and continue with the mixer
Add flour, slowly, until everything is well mixed

Grease with butter the tin that has the form you want (there are special forms for this kind of desert) and pour some breadcrumbs on it. Preheat the oven to 180º and place the mixture there for aprox 1 hour.

Once it's done, take it out and let it cool for a while, then you bathe it with powdered sugar, disolved with a spoon of hot water. Once the sugar is hard again, you can decorate as you want, with chocolates, whipped cream, sweets, chocolate eggs... whatever.
[Image: raqohw.jpg]
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekTreasure HunterDorm CrazyCount Them: 1, 2, 3And unicornsChatty CathyTake me AwayPet PersonSmall QuartersBirthday WisherBased in FictionBeing BraveWCIF MasterMini MeSending Love
Zhaana, Oh those look delicious! I've never had Pineapple muffins before, I am sure it is fresh and yummy Inlove

Michelle, yum! Reminds me of a a Sylvia Cake and they are really good. I am sure these ones are as well loooove
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Saprophyte for this post
Received Awards:
We were invited to a dinner party tonight and I had volunteered to make the desert. I had some beautiful blackberries in the freeze from my aunt and then I defrosted them they were too pretty to put into the crumble I had planed so I made a layered cake. I will not say I baked it as the cake part of the cake was store brought - there is just no reason to try to do that your self. They layers are pretty, thin and tasty then they are store brought. But I did make the custard my self (first time - yeah) and the blackberries whipped cream (yum)

There is a layer with marzipan and custard and a layer with the blackberry cream and it is topped with the cream as well and when we got the the flat where the party was I topped it with some whole blackberries

[Image: 20120414_175124.jpg]

If anyone want a recipe I can find one
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Mac - This looks so delicious drool
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
Oh my that must have been like eating a piece of heaven! Inlove
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going on with forums and the Sims in general? kitkat 1 318 08-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: cari4003
  Best gift received and given macthekat 8 2,756 04-14-2016, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Eronoel
Thumbs Up Your Username Bitter Sweet 99 30,836 09-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles