EA homes are... questionable at best. The patterns are usually gaudy and misplaced, the colors either too bold or too dull, the furnishing arrangements are... don't get us started. We find ourselves often wondering, 'What were they thinking!?' So we are going to set you lovely designers to work making Sunset Valley homes a little less ugly one Room at a time.
Going into an already furnished EA house, stripping everything but the walls and starting anew sounds like an easy, everyday run of the mill make-over challenge. This however is Maxis Mayhem ladies and gentlemen.
Pick any furnished room in an EA/Maxis built house and make it over. You must however use the existing furnishings in your make-over.
Kudos for making over a community lot instead of a residential home, but you may do either.
Who May Enter
Anyone and everyone
- You must re-use every furnishing that already exists in your room (deco and lamps can be replaced/removed)
- You must tell us where the home is located for your room makeover
- You must show us at least one before picture
- You may re-color everything
- You may reposition all of the furniture
- You may add more furniture and decor items to the room
- You may not move or add windows or doors but you may change them
- You may not move or add more walls
- You may add free-standing fireplaces but not those that have to be "built" into a wall
- You may post up to 10 pictures including the before picture (please follow forum picture size rule)
- You may link to an album with more pictures
- Both TS2 & TS3 can participate
Issue 12: Maxis Mayham
Issue 16: Maxis Mayham 2
Issue 6: Versatile Maxis
If anyone want to donate something it is very welcome!
You will get this nice shiny award for participating:
Challenge will close September 16th