We all need to eat, it is a basic premise of being human. Some of us just want whatever is easiest while others are passionate about food and food preparation. Food can be and do a lot of things; it brings back memories, fills our empty stomachs, makes us smile, delights or disgust. When our basic need for nutrients is met then food becomes all about taste.
This contest is all about taste and all about where we prepare and cook food - the kitchens! They are not the easiest room in the house and we know a lot of you find them hard. But, we were so impressed with the kitchens in our last big contest that we decided that the next contest had to be all about kitchens.
Do you want to create the best possible kitchen you can? Well then this is the contest for you! We will be designing kitchens for four very different sims with very different tastes and needs!
How will this work?
- The contest will take place in 4 rounds, for each round we ask you to decorate one kitchen.
- You will get a layout of the room for each round that you have to build in your game.
- There will be no application round, you enter directly in the 1st round.
- After each round the judges will score the entries. The two-thirds with the highest scores goes through to the next round. After round 4 the person with the highest score in that round wins.
- Scores are not cumulative. You will be scored for each round separately.
- The rounds will run from Friday to Friday, but the first round will be open longer.
- Each round will be posted in a separate topic and the entries for that round should be posted in that topic. This topic is for general announcements and questions about the contest in general.
- After each round the scores will be posted in the round topic.
Who can enter?
Anyone on the forum can enter! Sims 2 or Sims 3.
Staffers may enter, but their scores will not be counted in the final round, so they cannot win this.
You are of course welcome to use Heidy to ask for feedback in the topic. We will all try to give you feedback on your work.
What are we looking for?
- Taste: We are looking for rooms that reflect the taste of the sim. How do you show the sims' personality in the room?
- Realism: We are looking for realistic rooms, with attention to detail.
- Creativity: We are looking for creative rooms with interesting ideas.
- Photography: We are looking for well photographed rooms that look really good in the pictures.
- Style: We are looking for designs that fit the required style for the round.
- Functionality: We are looking for functional rooms that are easy and practical to use - not just rooms that looks good.
- Requirements: Meeting the requirements of the round. Make sure you follow the rules and have all the required items.
- Post 5-10 pictures of the unit. One picture has to be an overhead - but it may be linked, it does not have to be a part of the allowed 10 picture.
- Maximum 800 pixel wide pictures.
- No borders, text, heavy manipulation or special effects on the pictures.
- No picture-in-picture.
- No heavy editing of the pictures is allowed. You may make slight changes to contrast, light and sharpness of the pictures. You may not add lens flares or effects like that.
- You may edit your post until the deadline, but not after the deadline for that round.
- You may add interior walls within the room. Half walls and fences are allowed.
- You may add the doors/windows/walls/floors/stairs.
- Required items have to be visible in at least 1 picture.
If you can not continue, after entering, in the contest for some reason, please let us know.
There will be no extensions and no exceptions, if you don't make it, you don't make it! No whining or pleading will be tolerated.
annyway, KatCat, moxxa & Oumamea will be judging the contest.
Please ask the Where Can I Find in the regular forum WCIF area, not in the round topics.
The winner will be featured in the magazine in the first issue after the contest ends.
[We are looking for prizes]
KitKat made these awesome Chalk Wall Stickers for us and they will go to the finalist in the contest. Thank you KitKat.
These paintings will go to all the participants in the contest and those who did all 4 rounds in the Just for Fun.
*To receive the participation price: You have do all the rounds of the contest until you are eliminated.