Decorating Working @ Home 2.0 (Closed)
Photo 
[Image: WorkatHomeBanner3.jpg]

Making your home your workplace takes a bit of effort! Your Sim has just registered at City Hall, and is now their own boss! He/she has decided to open his/her own business, but will be operating from their home!

Task:
Use any existing room in any Sim house and create a workplace that can be utilized by the specific careers below.

The Rules
• Challenge is open to both TS2 and TS3
• Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
• Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
• You may enter 3 times but use a different career each time you enter.
• One picture must be an overview picture
• Try to take at least two detail shots. A picture with your Sim would be loved as well!
• You can add windows, doors, interior walls, fireplaces, etc. as long as you keep with the dimensions of the room.
• Other Sims must be able to come into the business to ask questions, pay money, come for fittings, and such. This is technically their business!
• Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest

Careers
• Acrobat
• Advertising/Graphic Designer
• Architect
• Artist
• Carpenter
• Caterer
• Child Day-care
• Ghost Hunter
• Handyman
• Historian
• Horseman
• Independent Film Director
• Interior Designer
• Inventor
• Karate Teacher/Physical Trainer/ Yoga
• Landscaper
• Magician
• Midwife (however, they come to you ...)
• Music Producer
• Personal Shopper
• Pet Hotel Manger
• Private Investigator
• Private Practice (Doctor's Clinic)
• Realtor
• Sculptor
• Singer
• Stylist
• Wine Expert
• Writer/Publisher

This challenge will close: October 19th

Participation prize:

This awesome set of paintings was donated by Findu as the PP for this challenge.

[Image: WorkingatHomeMainPreview.jpg]

Thank you Findu Handshake
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
Participants

The Sims 3
The Sims 2 * = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
I love having sims who work at home so I might just have to do this one!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Happy02 it's open!!! I'm so excited about everyones entry and actually can't decide which career to choose first ....
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekNew FriendDorm CrazyBirthday WisherBeing BraveSending LoveFeedbackerTreasure HunterChild FriendlyTake me AwayPet PersonHoarderTech SuportEP MonsterPrize DonatorWCIF MasterPhotographer of the MonthSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?FeaturedChallenge HostCopy CatFreelancerHorse LoverCarebearAd ManRetired StafferOn a Platter
Looks like a really nice challenge! When I'm back from my holiday I'll post my entry Smile
[Image: Tumblr2_zpsdfb5b075.png] [Image: And_zpsa212a345.png] [Image: Blog2_zps6ca24dc1.png]
Received Awards:
Beginner's LuckNew FriendSmall QuartersBirthday WisherEA are you kidding?Beginner BuildersWCIF MasterChild FriendlyParty AnimalStir CrazyBeing BraveSending LoveClock RacerCount Them: 1, 2, 3Great ChefPet PersonCopy CatChallenge HostSending LoveOn a Platter
I missed participating the last time this came around, I hope I have a chance to get in on this one. (I'll set aside time Smile )

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Seems really good! I'll be participating! Happy[/b]
Received Awards:
You are all most welcome to jump right in and participate in this challenge. We hope you will like it since the 1st one was really great fun Smile
I decided to go with the Daycare profession, and I chose to renovate the living room in the Americana in Sunset Valley.

[Image: Screenshot-230.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-235.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-231.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-232.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-233.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-234.jpg]

Heidy always welcomed!
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?Small QuartersChild FriendlyColor Lover
VenusWicca that's really cute!

The fenced off area is a Ingenious Idea! I think I will have to steal that giggle

Heidy The only thing I can say is watch out for the glare. Try turning your lamps to dim setting or even off completely. You could try the flame setting too to soften that glare. Mac wrote up a nice tutorial on how to deal with glare in Sims3 here.
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior Maxis Mayhem 11 (Closes December 31st) macthekat 58 9,126 12-31-2016, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Nuclearwaffles
  Roll Your Room 4.0 - Holiday Edition (Closes December 21st) kitkat 41 7,528 12-28-2016, 03:08 AM
Last Post: kitkat
  Tablescape 7.0 (Closes December 21st) kitkat 62 7,611 12-28-2016, 03:07 AM
Last Post: kitkat