Have you ever seen a sims photo and said wow?
That is your challenge here; make me say wow.
Do you not have time to create a whole garden? That's OK, this challenge is all about the perfect shot.
Take your best picture and put it in its best light.
- 1 picture only. You may link to more in an album
- Pictures may be no more then 800 pixels wide
- You may enter as many times as you want
- Picture must be an exterior shot
- Sims are allowed in the background only, they can't be the subject of the photo
- Anything goes. Picture can be a landscape, a flower bed, an animal scene, or even just a light-dappled chair if you like; just make it interesting
- For this challenge you may play more with the color, sharpness, contrast, and levels of your photo. For example, monochrome and black and white are allowed
- You still MAY NOT add borders, text, lens flare, etc
- Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest
This challenge will close October 19th
Looking for something spectacular if I can't come up with something myself.
How to wow.
Be evocative; bring to mind an emotion, a place, or a mood.
Example: BlackSweety @ LivingSims Forum creates a wonderful mood in this photo.
Be surprising; insert an item that is out of place, make your picture a different shape, or use a color in an unexpected way.
Example: xamandax @LivingSims Forum has used a surprising palette in this photo.
Be realistic; try to make the viewer have to look very closely to tell if the photo is in game or not.
Example: This photo by bschh @ LivingSims Forum is so realistic I fooled someone into believing it was real.
Be unusual; photograph something that nobody would ever photograph, from an angle that is strange, or with the wrong lighting.
Example: simsfvr @ LivingSims Forum has taken this photo from a distance creating a striking effect.
Be breathtaking; Overwhelming beauty always wows.
Example: miami-night @ tumblr has created a mind-blowingly beautiful photo through color, subject, and composition.
If you have ever looked at a sims photo and thought "how did they do that?" or "is that a real picture?" or "that is so beautiful." you have been wowed.