Exterior Wow me!: Exterior (Closed)
Video 
[Image: BannerE.jpg]

Have you ever seen a sims photo and said wow?

That is your challenge here; make me say wow.

The Task
Do you not have time to create a whole garden? That's OK, this challenge is all about the perfect shot.
Take your best picture and put it in its best light.

The Rules
  • 1 picture only. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixels wide
  • You may enter as many times as you want
  • Picture must be an exterior shot
  • Sims are allowed in the background only, they can't be the subject of the photo
  • Anything goes. Picture can be a landscape, a flower bed, an animal scene, or even just a light-dappled chair if you like; just make it interesting
  • For this challenge you may play more with the color, sharpness, contrast, and levels of your photo. For example, monochrome and black and white are allowed
  • You still MAY NOT add borders, text, lens flare, etc
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest

This challenge will close October 19th

Participation prize
Looking for something spectacular if I can't come up with something myself.

How to wow.

Be evocative; bring to mind an emotion, a place, or a mood.
Example: BlackSweety @ LivingSims Forum creates a wonderful mood in this photo.
[Image: EvocativeE.jpg]

Be surprising; insert an item that is out of place, make your picture a different shape, or use a color in an unexpected way.
Example: xamandax @LivingSims Forum has used a surprising palette in this photo.
[Image: SurprisingE.png]

Be realistic; try to make the viewer have to look very closely to tell if the photo is in game or not.
Example: This photo by bschh @ LivingSims Forum is so realistic I fooled someone into believing it was real.
[Image: RealisticE.jpg]

Be unusual; photograph something that nobody would ever photograph, from an angle that is strange, or with the wrong lighting.
Example: simsfvr @ LivingSims Forum has taken this photo from a distance creating a striking effect.
[Image: UnusualE.jpg]

Be breathtaking; Overwhelming beauty always wows.
Example: miami-night @ tumblr has created a mind-blowingly beautiful photo through color, subject, and composition.
[Image: BreathtakingE.jpg]

If you have ever looked at a sims photo and thought "how did they do that?" or "is that a real picture?" or "that is so beautiful." you have been wowed.

Wow me.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Mark Twain, A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling.

[Image: logo.png]
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Participants

The Sims 3
The Sims 2

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

Received Awards:
Treasure HunterSending LoveNew FriendBirthday WisherBeing BraveChallenge HostOrganizerSocial ButterflySmall QuartersChallenge CrazyChallenge RocketeerCopy CatRaised from the DeadBeginner BuildersEA are you kidding?FeedbackerPrize DonatorCount Them: 1, 2, 3Thank MachineEP MonsterStir CrazyParty AnimalChild FriendlyJudgecornAd ManBased in FictionTutorial WriterWriterMini MePhotographerOn a Platter
Great example pictures! Can´t wait for some entries!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to moxxa for this post
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter
Great idea, can't wait to see the first pictures!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Findu for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekNew FriendDorm CrazyBirthday WisherBeing BraveSending LoveFeedbackerTreasure HunterChild FriendlyTake me AwayPet PersonHoarderTech SuportEP MonsterPrize DonatorWCIF MasterPhotographer of the MonthSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?FeaturedChallenge HostCopy CatFreelancerHorse LoverCarebearAd ManRetired StafferOn a Platter
Those are some beautiful shots! And what a great challenge. Perfect way to practice getting some nice pics.

[Image: dc3mlj.jpg]
[Image: POTMseptemberBRIDELYN_zpscb173613.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Bridelyn for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveDorm CrazyTreasure HunterSound of MusicI DoChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckBased in FictionPet PersonDeck the HallsTime TravellerAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyAnd unicornsCopy CatSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Count Them: 1, 2, 3Sending LoveTake me AwayFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthFeedbackerColor LoverChallenge HostOn a Platter
Bridelyn, this is a very beautiful shot!!!!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Findu for this post
Received Awards:
Photographer of the WeekNew FriendDorm CrazyBirthday WisherBeing BraveSending LoveFeedbackerTreasure HunterChild FriendlyTake me AwayPet PersonHoarderTech SuportEP MonsterPrize DonatorWCIF MasterPhotographer of the MonthSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?FeaturedChallenge HostCopy CatFreelancerHorse LoverCarebearAd ManRetired StafferOn a Platter
Bridelyn - Well yeah, wow. That is just lovely. Clap

[+] 1 user says Thank You to mrmiss for this post
Received Awards:
Great shot Bridelyn! Looks like a shot from a very picturesque little village in the country that somebody snapped on their romantic vacation Heart
[Image: Starla.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Starla for this post
Received Awards:
Based in FictionSending LovePhotographer of the WeekBeing BraveSmall QuartersTreasure HunterEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthColor Lover
That's my first photo for this challenge; I hope to have more photos with it. Smile

[Image: Livingsimsexteriorcontest1.jpg?t=1342880457]

D4 INSPIRATION STUDIO is a blog where I collect the best pictures of furniture design, architecture, interior design and landscape to make it quick and easy the selection of images that it can inspire your next creations.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Mordazzo for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendPrize DonatorTreasure Hunter
Very nice Mordazzo, if I didn't know that bridge so well I would have had to look very close to see if this is real. Just lovely. Clap

Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 6,923 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 8,755 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 10,380 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila