Decorating Design Style: East Asian Modern (Closed)
Photo 
[Image: Design-Style-east-asia.jpg]

Did you think that East Asian Modern was really hard in our contests Taste and in LS Contest? Well it might not be the last time you see that style, so we invite you to jump in and try your hands at this style in a less compensative setting. Perhaps you were also really intrigued by the style and want to do more with it, well this is your chance!

For the last year or so we have had an area of our board called "Design Style" where we feature short guides to how to work with a specific design style and we would like to see a few more user pictures in that section, so we have created this challenges series for that reason. But this is also a great way for you to practice styles that you are not normally comfortable.

The Task
Research the style before you start and decorate any room you want (residential or commercial or garden) in East Asian Modern style.

Consider giving at least two other people in the challenge feedback on their entry.

The style
Keywords: Calm, minimalism, uncluttered, clean lines
Read more about the style in our Design Style area
Our Pinterest board on the style

The Rules
  • You may decorate any room type you want
  • The room must be in East Asian Modern Style
  • There is no budget
  • Both sims 2 or sims 3 players are welcome to enter
  • Max 10 pictures per entry. You may link to more in an album
  • Pictures may be no more then 800 pixel wide
  • You may enter 3 times
  • Have fun: Remember this is a challenge not a contest

Put Heidy in your post if you want detailed feedback on your pictures, rooms and style.

This challenge will close the 19. October

Participation prize
Shohei Otomo Pictures by Mordazzo

[Image: 3799844672397343b004o.jpg]

[Image: illustrationsshoheiotomo11.jpg]

[Image: illustrationsshoheiotomo12.jpg]
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Participants

The Sims 3

The Sims 2
* = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM a Moderator.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Awesome challenge! I know many people are struggling with this style, can´t wai to see the entries Smile
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter
That's so interesting! :D

D4 INSPIRATION STUDIO is a blog where I collect the best pictures of furniture design, architecture, interior design and landscape to make it quick and easy the selection of images that it can inspire your next creations.
Received Awards:
New FriendPrize DonatorTreasure Hunter
[Image: 01.jpg]

[Image: 02.jpg]

[Image: 03.jpg]

[Image: 04.jpg]

[Image: 05.jpg]

[Image: 06.jpg]

[Image: 07.jpg]

[Image: 08.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to moxxa for this post
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter
OMG!!! speetchless, amazing environment, great colours, love the achivment of shadows without making the rooms dark..... magnificent. Yes
[Image: 10z4gsz.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Zingaro for this post
Received Awards:
EA are you kidding?New FriendChild FriendlySending LoveBeginner BuildersBirthday WisherSmall QuartersTreasure HunterCopy CatPhotographer of the MonthBeing BraveFeaturedTime TravellerClock RacerPhotographerChallenge HostSending LoveCount Them: 1, 2, 3Dine outOn a PlatterGreat Chef
That is very dramatic, moxxa! Smile Love the sculptures with the lantern. Really awesome!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to KatCat for this post
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterProofreaderNew FriendSending LoveBeing BraveLS Extra StafferSmall QuartersBirthday WisherFeedbackerOrganizerEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Social ButterflyWriterChallenge HostStir CrazyCarebearSilver StafferJudgecornWCIF MasterMini MeTech SuportThank MachineRetired ModeratorRetired StafferColor LoverRaised from the Dead
Love it, Moxxa! Heart Love the artwork, it reflects the room so well, especially the black and red one.
[Image: Starla.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Starla for this post
Received Awards:
Based in FictionSending LovePhotographer of the WeekBeing BraveSmall QuartersTreasure HunterEA are you kidding?Photographer of the MonthColor Lover
Moxxa that is such a great rendition of the style! It really got a lot of elements spot on. I love the modern and very Asian art that has such a hard edge to it
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
Well I know that my entry is not anything near Moxxa's stunning entry. I find it very difficult to replicate the Asian styles and read up a bit on it before I started on this bedroom. Please Heidy

[Image: Screenshot-1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-3.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-4.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-5.jpg]
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 6,424 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 8,060 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 9,476 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila