Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide Little Photoshop tips & tricks
So, my fellow staffers asked me to do a little tutorial for Photoshop.

What you will be needing?
1. Photoshop
2. Topaz Vivacity or some free alternatives (here) - just use the action you find most useful
3. A picture (duh!)

Lets start with the original picture (Credit: Macthekat):
[Image: Picture001.jpg]

First thing I always do is crop the unnecessary edges and resize the pic to the forum sizes (800px)

Then I use Topaz Sharpen and Clean.
You can already see some difference:
[Image: Picture002.jpg]

Then we have some other enhancement functions:
a) go to Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation
set the Saturation to 20.
b) go to Image>Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast
set Brigthness to 5 and Contrast to 20.

Here is our progress:
[Image: Picture003.jpg]

Next we want to play with the layers a bit.
First, copy the background layer and go to Filter>Render>Lighting Effects
There is no guide on how to set the lighting, just play with it and see where you think it fits the best.
Make another copy of the bacground layer and go to Image>Adjustments>Levels and set the left one to 10.

See the difference:
[Image: Picture004.jpg]

And lastly, I play with lights. There is a window on the picture (although you can´t really see it), so I make another copy of the background layer and select a brush. Make sure the white color and a soft brush are selected. Then you just play around with it. (we want to get the sunshade effect - so try until you get it right)

And here is the final result:
[Image: Picture005.jpg]

I´ll be adding more pictures very soon, this was just a first draft.
Enjoy!
[+] 16 users say Thank You to moxxa for this post
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginner What ruins a good picture, and how to fix it macthekat 4 12,861 10-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: diputsinva
  Second floor disappearing for screenshot SelaronoSIms 4 1,687 07-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Post: SelaronoSIms
  Beginner Take better pictures macthekat 19 47,369 12-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: mrmiss