Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Game play challenges
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Ideas Game play challenges
I love spicing my game up with game play challenges. We probably have all heard of the Legacy challenge by now, but there are many more and a bit more funky challenges. I thought it would be nice to have a little catalog of it. All links will be added to this thread here

The Homeless Challenge
You live in a park, with no money and no job. You can not put any furniture in your park, but you try to earn your down payment on a real home (20.000§) without ever having a real job. One generation challenge.

The Poverty Challenge Start with nothing and earn your way the good life. You win when you have a house worth at least 100,000 simoleons.

Asylum Challenge Control one "sane" sim living with 7 crazy ones while you try to forfill your lifetime wish and earn your way out of the crazies. One generation challenge.

Asylum challenge - revamped: An updated version of the asylum that is better fitted for sims 3 craziness.

The Random Legacy Challenge: If you keep playing the same kinds of families this might be a good way to mix things up. Ten generation challenge.

The foster family You play a foster family stocked with tons of kids and you try to keep everyone as happy as possible and try to fulfil their need and wishes. Get as many adopted kids as possible though to be young adults and give them the best possible childhood. One generation challenge.

Den of Thieves Challenge: You have been carried off by a gang of thieves and imprisoned in their hideout, doomed to be a domestic slave until the end of days...unless you become stong enough to overthrow them. In the meantime, if the gang suspects any treachery from the slave, lockdown will result. One generation challenge and you only control one sim. (Recommended by Trapiki)

Every Expansion Pack Challenge: the purpose of this challenge is to use the features from every expansion pack you own, in 1 single Sim.

Find many more challenges over at mts under gameplay challenges

If you have any challenges you want added to the list, just comment here. You are of course also welcome to comment without recommending an interesting challenge.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 2 users say Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Wow, they really are interesting, I might even try one when I get my game back on! Thank you, Mac, for the information!
A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge Heart

[Image: krissuliin_doty_2013.png]
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherNew FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Copy CatContest WinnerStir CrazyParty AnimalJudgecornFeatured
My personal favourite challenge is the Den of Thieves Challenge. It's somewhat similar to the Asylum Challenge in that you're not allowed to control the rest of the household.

I always like making sneaky underground hideouts for my thieves and their unfortunate captive. My current favourite hideout is an underground bunker type thing under a decrepit apartment building.
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSmall QuartersPhotographer of the Month
Trapiki: I would love to see some pictures from that, it sounds like fun!

I have made a revamped version of the Asylum challenge

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
I just found this on SimsVIP and thought it sounded interesting. It would be a chance to explore the parts of the game you do not normally use:
Every Expansion Pack Challenge: the purpose of this challenge is to use the features from every expansion pack you own, in 1 single Sim.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
Great challenges. I am currently playing the Asylum challenge - revamped and will soon post some pictures Smile
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
I have a fresh challenge for you!

Challenge: Party Animal
Concept: Your sim just loooooves to party and it is their goal in life to make other people’s life more fun. Your sim wants to hold as many great or epic parties as they can throughout their life! Your sim also want to keep the gang together and make sure you do not outgrow each other! Along the way you do of course try to for fill your sim’s wishes. This is a one generation challenge

Received Awards:
The Random Legacy and the ISBI legacies are my favourite challenges to do. I think they add much more variety to the game and that's really nice.

The Adjective Challenge is actually quite a good way of creating sims you wouldn't normally create using words generated for you and using it as inspiration for your sims. I think it's helped my creativity in sims making at least Itwasntme
Vegetarian|Neurotic|Perfectionist|Hopeless Romantic|Dramatic. kittyhug
Received Awards:
New Friend
agehakoakuma: do you by any chance have links for those?

Received Awards:
(04-29-2014, 05:37 AM)Topkung3 Wrote: I have an Idea about the challenge!!
It is a gameplay challenge
I would called it "From Hobo to Millionaire Challenge"
The challenge is about A bankrupted man whose Funds and estate has been taken by the bank.Now with him he has only 200 simoleon to start his new life, Fortunately he found 10x10 sized vacant lot and he live there.
To start this challenge :
1)Create 1 young adult male sim(You are free to choose his trait).
2)Buy a 10x10 lot(If it isn't exist create one in edit town mode.)
3)Move your family there
4)Buy a bench(for sleeping)or sleeping bag(TS3 generation installed)
5)press Ctrl+shift+c and type "testingcheatsenabled true" then
press Ctrl+shift+c again and type "familyFunds familyname 200" next
press Ctrl+shift+c and type "testingcheatsenabled false"
6) Ok you may start!!!!

Rules:
1) No status and money cheats
2) No full-time work allowed(Who will trust a hobo!?)
3) Selling Collectibles/Part-time job/self-employed are allowed
4) You may married a sims but you can't move to their household
5) If all of your sims are dead.... You failed the challenge
6) If your household funds reached 75000 simoleon the challenge ends.

I hope that you like it!!!!
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Kementari for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerFeaturedGreat GardenerHoarderStir CrazyCarebearWCIF MasterLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterNew FriendChallenge RocketeerChallenge CrazyDesign StylerTutorial WriterSmall QuartersChild FriendlyChallenge GuruThank MachineBirthday WisherDeck the HallsAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonPhotographer of the WeekChallenge HostCopy CatEP MonsterEA are you kidding?Time TravellerMini MeSending LovePhotographer of the MonthBeginner's LuckGreat BuilderParty AnimalTopic StarterVery helpfulSocial ButterflyChallenge MasterChatty CathyBeing BraveSilver StafferGold StafferCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerDance the night awayPhotographer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas Challenge ideas macthekat 164 57,875 08-31-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Storietime
  Challenge Links: Game Play Challenges macthekat 0 3,026 05-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Last Post: macthekat
  Rules Challenge and Contest Rules Editorial Staff 1 6,589 01-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Editorial Staff