Rules Change of Seasons [do not require the EP]
[Image: seasons.jpg]

Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring, there are seasons, four in all. Weather changes, sun and rain and snow, leaves fall down and flowers grow. Look ahead and you will see, just what season it will be!

From the above you might have guessed we will have the four seasons, one for each round, in this contest. Your task will be to match the interior so it mirrors the season of the round as well as the sim’s personality

We are not looking for holiday decorations, but for representations of the seasons in the room decorations.

How will this work?
  • There will be four rounds. For each round you will decorate one room for one sims. That room have to work for the sim as well as for the season that round is about.
  • Each round you will be decorating a room with the same layout, which you can find below. You will be building the rooms your self.
  • There will be no application round, you enter directly in the 1st round.
  • After each round the judges will score the entries. We will eliminate 1/3 of the participants after each round. After round 4 the person with the highest score in that round wins.
  • Scores are not accumulative. You will be scored for each round separately.
  • The rounds will run from Monday to Monday.
  • Each round will be posted in a separate topic and the entries for that round should be posted in that topic. This topic is for general announcements and questions about the contest in general.
  • After each round the scores will be posted in the this topic and in the round topic. The best 2/3 will go on to the next round.

Who can enter?
Anyone on the forum can enter! Sims 2 or Sims 3. You do not need the EP to enter!
Staffers may enter, but their scores will not be counted in the final round, so they can not win this.

Feedback
You are of course welcome to use Heidy Heidy to ask for feedback in the topic. We will all try to give you feedback on your work.

What are we looking for?
These are the criteria that the entries will be judged on:
  • Taste: We are looking for rooms that takes the taste of the people into consideration and who will use the room into account. How do you show the sims' personality in the room.
  • Season: The room should reflect the season both in style and in functionality and colours.
  • Realism: We are looking for realistic rooms, with attention to detail. That also means that we like the room to look like it is part of a building and have something other than endless green grass outside.
  • Creativity: We are looking for creative rooms with interesting ideas.
  • Photography: We are looking for well photographed rooms that looks really good in the pictures.
  • Requirements: Meeting the requirements of the round. Make sure you follow the rule.

Rules
  • Post 5-10 pictures of the unit. One picture has to be an overhead - but it may be linked, it does not have to be a part of the allowed 10 picture.
  • Maximum 800 pixel wide pictures
  • No borders, text, heavy manipulated or special effects on the pictures.
  • No picture in picture
  • No heavy editing of the pictures is allowed. You may make slight changes to contrast, light and sharpness of the pictures. You may not add lens flares and effects like that.
  • You may edit your post until the deadline, but not after the deadline for that round.
  • Required items have to be visible in at least 1 picture.
  • You may add: fences, half walls, windows, doors, colloumns etc. But not full walls or items acting like full walls within the space
  • Remember at least one door that leads to the rest of the house.

Drop-out
If you can not continue, after entering, in the contest for some reason, please let us know.

Extensions
There will be no extensions and no exceptions, if you don't make it, you don't make it! No whining or pleading will be tolerated.

Judges
Ankuuh, Moxxa, Oumamea & Macthekat will be judging the contest.

WCIF
Please ask the Where Can I Find in the regular forum WCIF area, not in the round topics.

Prizes
The winner and the runner up will both be featured in the magazine in the first issue after the contest ends.
The winner will get 250 points worth of items from the EA store
Cassiopeia has donated her Ice Lounge download from the limited edition to the contest, so the winner will get a nice ice sculptured bar for The Sims 3 Seasons.

Participation Prize*

Teatime Calendars by Macthekat

[Image: mtk_Calender_tea1_Preview2.jpg]

[Image: mtk_Calender_tea1_Preview3.jpg]

Seasonal Karas Cubes by Kitkat

[Image: PPSeasonalKarasCubes.jpg]

[Image: PPSeasonalKarasCubesPreview1.jpg]

[Image: PPSeasonalKarasCubesPreview2.jpg]

*To receive the participation price: You have do all the round of the contest until you are eliminated. OR take part in all 4 rounds in the Just For Fun topic.
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 3 users say Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
Practical Info

The room:
You have to build it your self. The room will be the same in all rounds.
[Image: TheRoom.jpg]
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
And our winner is! Krissuliin
Participants List:
* Next to your name = Received PP. If you have a * next to your name and did not receive the PP please PM the moderator.

Received Awards:
Deadlines

Round 1: 26th November

Round 2: 3rd December

Round 3: 10th December

Round 4: 17th December

All deadlines are at 18.00 GMT
Received Awards:
YAY!! I just love contests!!! Awesome idea - to prepare us for the upcoming EP!
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter
I can't wait to get started on this! What a great way to get started with the new EP...
happy2
Received Awards:
Copy CatSmall QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterDeck the HallsBeing BraveFeatured
I understand that we are not allowed to use full-length fireplaces in the middle of the room. Is it correct?
A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge Heart

[Image: krissuliin_doty_2013.png]
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherNew FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Copy CatContest WinnerStir CrazyParty AnimalJudgecornFeatured
Hmm that I will have to ask the judges about - let me get back to you on that
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
Krissuliin - Regarding the use of full-length fireplaces in the middle of the room. The judges decided that we will allow the use of stand alone fireplaces, that is a fireplace that does not require a wall of any kind. You must be able to see what is on the other side of the fireplace. I hope this answers your question Smile
[Image: Siggie%20pic1%20web.jpg]
New FriendBeginner's LuckTreasure HunterBeing BraveHoarderColor LoverSocial ButterflySending LoveBeginner BuildersDonatorCarebearI DoSound of MusicChild FriendlySmall QuartersTake me AwayBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerDorm CrazyClock RacerOrganizerBirthday WisherFeedbackerPet PersonPrize DonatorCopy CatChallenge HostEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Wish FulfillerWCIF MasterJudgecornThank MachineFreelancerStir CrazyParty AnimalDeck the HallsAd ManRetired ModeratorRetired Staffer
I think it does! Thank you! Smile
A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge Heart

[Image: krissuliin_doty_2013.png]
Received Awards:
Birthday WisherNew FriendTreasure HunterBeing BraveBeginner BuildersCount Them: 1, 2, 3Copy CatContest WinnerStir CrazyParty AnimalJudgecornFeatured

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Colors: Round 4 - scores are up macthekat 41 7,390 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ellle
  Brave Colors - Just for Fun macthekat 26 5,350 07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SweetCaffeine
  Brave Colors: Round 3 - scores are up macthekat 40 8,834 07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: mrmiss