Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
National Illumination
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

National Illumination
[Image: NationalIlluminationBanner2.jpg]

I was inspired by a few of my "challenge me to" challenges that were to be based on countries. ChicagoStorm also had this idea. (Giving credit where credit's due!)

I will post a country, as well as its flag and a few pictures of locations/architecture from that country. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to decorate a room of your choice inspired by these locations. There will be a budget.

First country: China!

Flag:
[Image: flag_china.jpg]

Other pictures:
[Image: Great_Wall_of_China_Simatai_China.jpg]

[Image: forbidden-city-full-view.jpg]

[Image: china.jpg]

[Image: china2.jpg]

Rules:
1. Only 10 pictures max per entry. (You may post a link to more pictures.)
2. You may enter up to 3 times.
3. Sims 2 & Sims 3 friendly. Smile
4. Budget: §2,500.
5. You may not take pictures from WA vacation locations and use it as your entry. This is cheating. They must be decorated by you.
Received Awards:
Challenge RocketeerColor Lover
Participation List
Sims 2:

Sims 3:
Received Awards:
How often is the country going to change? I like this idea. I have difficulty with budget challenges but I might try one, it would definitely be something I haven't made myself do before.
Received Awards:
The country will change on occasion. I'm going to test it for a while, I think the initial time-period will be about 2 months, maybe 1 month if needed. It's really all up for testing.

P.S. I may make it a poll - highest-voted country is it next. Smile Also, budget will change with the country.
Received Awards:
Does the room have to based off of the pictures you've provided? Or can it be anything that is China related?
Flair is a primitive kind of style. It is innate and cannot be taught. It can be polished and refined. When a person has flair, a grounding in the principle of design, and self-discipline, that person has the potential of being an outstanding designer.

~Albert Hadley, The Story of America's Preeminent Interior Designer
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeginner's LuckChallenge HostBirthday WisherSending LoveDorm CrazyColor Lover
Anything that is China related. The pictures are there to help and get you started, though, (like maybe you'd want to use the colors from the flag or something) so if you want to base something off of it, go right ahead. I wish that great wall pic were a picture in-game, though... That'd be bomb-diggity!
Received Awards:
That would be SUPER cool, but alas Sims 3 apparently has limitations.

Alright, I think I might try this...but in the next couple days. First I'm going to "party."

Happy New Year!
Flair is a primitive kind of style. It is innate and cannot be taught. It can be polished and refined. When a person has flair, a grounding in the principle of design, and self-discipline, that person has the potential of being an outstanding designer.

~Albert Hadley, The Story of America's Preeminent Interior Designer
Received Awards:
Treasure HunterChatty CathyBeginner's LuckChallenge HostBirthday WisherSending LoveDorm CrazyColor Lover
I love this challenge Shannachka! I find it difficult finding appropriate patterns and objects though. I completed a few Asian themed challenges recently so I'm gonna pass this one, I'll participate when the next country is up!
Received Awards:
Challenge CrazyEco Friendly
So is anyone doing this right now? Or should I change the country? I'm thinking I'll take a few suggestions (please PM me your suggestions) and then I will start a poll. Highest-voted country wins for next round.
Received Awards:
I have to put on my moderator face and bring attention to the fact that this challenge has been open for more than 30 days without participation. The forum rules are that once a challenge is open for 30 days without another entry it is closed. We will have to close this challenge Shannachka. But perhaps work on some ideas for future challenges as now there will be a spot open for it.
Received Awards:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila