Warning [2] Use of undefined constant ‘admin’ - assumed '‘admin’' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 26 - File: inc/config.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/config.php 26 errorHandler->error
/inc/init.php 65 require_once
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Think outside the box (closes March 12th)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1880 header
/inc/class_session.php 357 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/131603/domains/forum.livingsims.net/html/inc/class_error.php:229) - Line: 1880 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.11 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 362 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 94 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 101 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1950 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 255 my_set_array_cookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 47 mark_forum_read
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read

Decorating Think outside the box (closes March 12th)
You did an awesome job! So much creativity! Sun excited
[Image: tumblr_mg6ehpxeFR1redkwko1_250.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to springjunkie for this post
Received Awards:
Child FriendlyEA are you kidding?Small QuartersGreat GardenerBased in FictionFeaturedColor Lover
Loving all the entries so far!! Can´t belive how much creativity we have going around! Well done, guys!

I made a cafe... Hope you like it

Overview

[Image: ScreenShot015_zps73aa2d36.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot019_zps0e2aedce.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot021_zpsbcd77456.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot025_zps51659acb.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot029_zpsa211fccd.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot030_zps2731483e.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot032_zps9f50677f.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot034_zpsb1f10e00.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot035_zps31572be6.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot036_zps1e2ad15f.jpg]

[+] 1 user says Thank You to moxxa for this post
Received Awards:
Prize DonatorLS Extra StafferWCIF MasterSending LoveTreasure HunterStir CrazyChallenge CrazyChallenge GuruChallenge RocketeerBeing BravePhotographerBeginner BuildersDesign StylerChallenge HostOrganizerAd ManWriterI DoSound of MusicSmall QuartersBased in FictionCount Them: 1, 2, 3Clock RacerBirthday WisherChild FriendlyAnd unicornsCopy CatDeck the HallsTake me AwayEA are you kidding?FeaturedSilver StafferJudgecornPhotographer of the WeekLayouterGold StafferPhotographer of the MonthColor LoverHoliday SpiritOn a Platter
Amazing Moxxa! so realistic Smile
[Image: mhwnsx.jpg]
Origin ID: GreenGirl1OO
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Green-Girl for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveSmall QuartersSending LoveFeaturedFeedbackerCopy CatI DoChild FriendlyHoliday SpiritCount Them: 1, 2, 3Birthday WisherGreat ChefOn a Platter
That's freaking awesome, Moxxa, as usual. Beautiful idea!
[Image: banner_services.jpg]
Free your mind and the rest will follow
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jaguwar for this post
Received Awards:
Small QuartersNew FriendTreasure HunterBirthday WisherChallenge HostMini MeSending LoveProofreaderWriterPhotographerOn a Platter
I love all of these; it's making me want to try my own hand at it!

springjunkie: Your flower shop has so much character! You can really 'feel' the design; like some others mentioned, you can totally imagine the characters who would be working/shopping there. I really like the creative use of furniture, too: I wouldn't think to use chairs and such as display surfaces, but you did, and it's a super cute, kitschy touch, as well as effective.

LadyMaurader: What an adorable cafe! It feels very warm and homey, the place that's frequented by a few loyal regular customers and stumbled upon by wandering passers-by. I really like the floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and the rose-covered trellises. On a more critical note (since you asked for feedback - hope that's okay!) I'm not sure that the outside quite matches the inside - both are good, but perhaps it might feel more cohesive if you used the same tables/chairs (or a similar colour/style) with both? I'd also maybe try pulling some of the furniture away from the wall indoors, to fill out some of that empty floor space. Just a couple ideas. Overall though, it's lovely, and you've done a great job!

lpvinyl21: You managed to fit a lot of use into that small space; when I looked at that floor plan I thought "there's no way s/he didn't add!" I am especially in love with the outside - the landscaping, the walls and windows, that gorgeous unique roof - it's very zen without being minimal or boring, which is fabulous. The detail you've put into this is amazing - from the little manicure supplies to the flip-flops by the pedicure station. The design is cohesive and balanced: you have a clear theme, but it's not heavyhanded or overdone. I'm also really curious about that massage table - was that CC, or is it something else you've made to look like one?

Diddy91: Wow, that is a lot of white! It's so peaceful and relaxing, with all the soft, flowy items. I like the outdoor room aspect; it's really open and, again, flowing. Despite the lack of colour there's a lot of movement here and I think that's what's keeping it from becoming boring. Definitely a good first try; I don't think I could do quite so well! xD

mrmiss: It's a chessboard! xD I love this room despite - or perhaps because of - the fact that it doesn't really have much of a purpose beyond storage. It has a lot of character. I can really see who would have this room in their home (or wherever): it feels like it belongs to some sort of old, semi-retired explorer, or maybe an Indiana Jones-type archaeologist, who's been collecting souvenirs from all of his travels around the world for decades and can't bear to let any of it go. It's a little bit exotic, and I like it! One question: how did you make the shiny reflective floor? I've seen that type of thing before but never in this context and I'm curious. It makes the room seem bigger... but also a bit dangerous lest you slip! xD
As far as your second room goes, I'll be honest: like you, I am both slightly repulsed and yet strangely fascinated by this experiment. I think it would be really interesting if all of the furniture/walls/etc. were white: it would really showcase the effect that lighting has on a room. (Side note: this is the reason that, in real-life design, ceilings are virtually always white: it colours the light in the room, and white has a neutral cast. It's a bit of a trend nowadays to paint ceilings in colours, but you'll notice that when this is pulled off well, the walls and most of the furniture is white - mixing colours when your light has a certain cast doesn't generally end up pretty. This is also why art galleries usually have white or off-white walls, etc.)

Green-Girl: I love this studio; how creative! I've spent a good portion of my life in/just outside of ballet studios and they're usually fairly bland but you've given this one personality, even with simple things like the decorative crown molding on the walls. The wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling mirror is fabulous - and it has a barre! The windows keep it wonderfully airy and light. I think my favourite part is the posters on the wall - I don't know where you found them, but you can't go wrong with a timeless company like the Bolshoi! The piano is a nice touch, too.

moxxa: Your cafe is absolutely gorgeous. Normally I don't go for this sort of style, but you've put it together so beautifully that I can't not like it! It's got a very urban vibe, sort of 'industrial chic.' The detail you've put into this is astounding, from the unique light fixtures to the mismatched bar stools - the laptops even have screens! I can definitely see this as a hip downtown cafe in some bustling metropolis. Love it!

This challenge looks amazing so far; everyone's put so much work into their rooms! It's both inspiring and slightly discouraging, haha!

(I hope it's okay that I wrote so much; I have a lot of thoughts and I really wanted to share what I saw in y'all's spaces! Just let me know if that's not so welcome in the future, sorry!)
[+] 6 users say Thank You to vestalia for this post
Received Awards:
New Friend
Aylee: Trust me - we all LOVE feedback!
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
springjunkie I love you flower shop. it is so adorable.

LadyMaurader what a great use of space inside and out. really nice coffee shop.

ipvinyl21 your spa looks so relaxing. I love the Asian touches.

Diddi91 what a beautiful use of whites. that red chair really pops.

mrmiss I love the idea of that room with the chess pieces. very unique and well "organized". and that colourful room is totally outside the box.

Green-girl I absolutely love your ballet room. very romantic feeling.

moxxa beautiful as always. what a stunning café. so realistic. love all the concrete.

I always wanted to do a wine cellar and this challenge was the perfect opportunity.

[Image: 2zg6e5c.jpg]

[Image: 141xcl.jpg]

[Image: 2yn2uxk.jpg]

[Image: 358q55l.jpg]

[Image: 358s5ef.jpg]

[Image: o5dw6u.jpg]

[Image: msg07t.jpg]
[Image: POTMseptemberBRIDELYN_zpscb173613.png]
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Bridelyn for this post
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveDorm CrazyTreasure HunterSound of MusicI DoChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckBased in FictionPet PersonDeck the HallsTime TravellerAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyAnd unicornsCopy CatSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Count Them: 1, 2, 3Sending LoveTake me AwayFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthFeedbackerColor LoverChallenge HostOn a Platter
OK I am stealing that idea of having wine racks on top of the counters with clutter in front! It is looking great
[Image: logo-small.png][Image: PinkRabit-logo-2.jpg][Image: logo_small.gif]

Editor in Chief • Head of Layouts • General go to person • Take better PicturesHow to post imagesForum Rules
[+] 1 user says Thank You to macthekat for this post
Received Awards:
OrganizerAd ManPhotographerLayouterChallenge HostStir CrazyTutorial WriterTopic StarterFeedbackerLS Extra StafferTreasure HunterGreat BuilderDesign StylerGold StafferDorm CrazyTake me AwayCount Them: 1, 2, 3Time TravellerClock RacerBirthday WisherHoarderSending LoveAnd unicornsTech SuportPet PersonChallenge CrazyPrize DonatorChallenge GuruSmall QuartersEP MonsterMini MeEA are you kidding?Based in FictionWCIF MasterJudgecornDeck the HallsSilver StafferDine outColor Lover
macthecat: Oh, excellent! I worry sometimes because my version of feedback does tend to include some criticism (of the constructive kind: I do my best to be more "I don't like x because y but try z instead" as opposed to just "I don't like x") but I've been in some communities that tend to frown on anything that isn't wholly positive, so.

Bridelyn: What a gorgeous wine cellar! It's very traditional and classic, just like the old wines it presumably stores! I love all the colours, and the warm brown scheme looks appropriately haughty yet welcoming. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but the room very much reflects its contents: the deep red and off-whites are, of course, wine colours! (If it was intentional, it's pretty brilliant. If it wasn't... it's still cool! Wink) The barrels are a fun touch, making it feel more like a winery tasting room than just somebody's cellar in the house, and the tasting table of course compounds that effect. I really like that particular piece, although the tablecloth is a bit bright in what's otherwise a fairly subdued room - maybe a bit of a darker cream colour would be less obtrusive? It's a very nice touch, though, and helps fill up the big expanse of floor space in a way that actually belongs in the room. Great job!
[+] 2 users say Thank You to vestalia for this post
Received Awards:
New Friend
thank you Aylee...you are so right about the table cloth...I looked at it and didn't know what to do....but a more creamy colour would have worked better Smile
[Image: POTMseptemberBRIDELYN_zpscb173613.png]
Received Awards:
New FriendBeing BraveDorm CrazyTreasure HunterSound of MusicI DoChild FriendlyBeginner's LuckBased in FictionPet PersonDeck the HallsTime TravellerAsk a question for Bella, Dina or AndyAnd unicornsCopy CatSmall QuartersEA are you kidding?Count Them: 1, 2, 3Sending LoveTake me AwayFeaturedPhotographer of the MonthFeedbackerColor LoverChallenge HostOn a Platter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior Seeds of Design 3.0 - The Outdoors kitkat 42 14,878 07-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Jaguwar
  Decorating Tiny Feet macthekat 53 17,668 07-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Breila
  Mixed Spotlight on Color 3.0 kitkat 71 21,648 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Breila